forum

[duplicate] Increase/remove the recipients(To) limit

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
Rianne
So basically I got a collab going on for over a year with like 14 people right now. Every now and then a new member joins and we need to update the BBCode for the userpage. The problem here is that maximum amount of recipients is 6 users and when I go over that it shows the message below..

Which means that I currently have to send like 3 of the same PMs around.
This also makes it tricky to correct any mistakes if I made them; whether it is by editing 3 messages or sending 3 new messages again right after the previous ones.

To combat having to change images whenever something changes I already have all my images on Dropbox so I can just change it on my computer and it will update automatically without any changes in BBCode required.

To combat having to send mass PMs around for just a little message I've already made a discord for us which makes it a lot easier to do as not everybody is always online, nor does everybody always monitor PMs in their osu! inbox.

But updates to the BBCode for the userpage panels I made (see box below) are already 1800 characters long and will only get bigger as more members join. To paste all this code into discord is not really handy for BBCode of that capacity and it will scroll by.

On top of that; when I write introductions for new members the messages I also include the following:
- An overview of members which is formatted with BBCode
- Userpage banner panels (BBCode)
- A preview for said panels
- An explanation of what all colors on the userpage banners mean which is also formatted with BBCode
- A list of avatars so people can change stuff up.
All of this in a message is already 12.5k characters long, and the BBCode formatting really helps with making little overviews.

So the ability to send a PM to more people at a time would save a bunch of effort for other people with collabs going on.
Bara-
Requested before -> t/236072?hilit=Recipients
Not many people seemed to agree with it, since it can lead to spam
Nitrous

Bara- wrote:

Requested before -> t/236072?hilit=Recipients
Not many people seemed to agree with it, since it can lead to spam
This was an issue when I was dealing with our collab lol. Increasing it to a reasonable number is ok.