forum

Newbie Game 15: Rise From The Ashes [Game over!]

posted
Total Posts
show more
Sakura
If you think it's possible that beeboy and Frosty would decide to shoot the person townreading BOTH of them, walk me through the scum thought process or motivations behind such action.
beeboy123
I'd kill Sakura n1 as scum tbh.
Her gut reads are too scary.
abraker

beeboy123 wrote:

I'd kill Sakura n1 as scum tbh.
Her gut reads are too scary.
Unless you and Sakura are scum this makes for a convincing townie read tbh
abraker
Dammit that is also assuming that Sakura is scum. BBoy + X wouldn't confirm the town read

*scratches head*
Sakura
One of my main aspects of my scum game is that im way too worried about being consistent that sometimes i overcompensate for it, also as scum im way more appeasy. As town my reads tend to flip 180 randomly.
B1rd

Sakura wrote:

Dunno, if you and your scum partner are being townread by X do you shoot him?
Perhaps because it's unlikely that someone is going to keep their D1 townreads throughout the entire game and he could become a threat later on? And there's always the possibility that it's just WIFOM. I'm not saying that it isn't evidence whatsoever but it's definitely not enough to rule out that possibility, and from what I've seen later in the game convinces me more than that does.

Sakura wrote:

If you think it's possible that beeboy and Frosty would decide to shoot the person townreading BOTH of them, walk me through the scum thought process or motivations behind such action.
Alright that's a good point, I was thinking that he was just townreading beeboy. Not sure, it still might just be a WIFOM move since they might be able to use that to defend themselves and there's no guarantee rEdo will keep being their ally.
B1rd
I mean case in point, the next day he was scumreading both of them.
Sakura
There is no guarantee he'll keep townreading them sure (and in fact he didnt), but personal experience as once upon a time i bus'd my partner and then proceeded to NK people townreading me as a way to try to make me look like scum was trying to ML me by killing the people protecting me backfired hard.
Sakura

Sakura wrote:

One of my main aspects of my scum game is that im way too worried about being consistent that sometimes i overcompensate for it, also as scum im way more appeasy. As town my reads tend to flip 180 randomly.
Also actually it isnt "randomly" but those were the exact words that someone said about their assesment of my meta, so it stuck.
B1rd

Sakura wrote:

There is no guarantee he'll keep townreading them sure (and in fact he didnt), but personal experience as once upon a time i bus'd my partner and then proceeded to NK people townreading me as a way to try to make me look like scum was trying to ML me by killing the people protecting me backfired hard.
Alright but I don't see how that is particularly relevant to this game, neither of them have the same experiences as you and there's no evidence that they're even trying to carry out those tactics, as I've pointed out they've been cooperating fairly well.
Sakura
Can you point out instances of bee and Frosty cooperating?
B1rd
From what I can tell from a quick browse,

-both of them have pretty much been townreading each other the whole game
-Frostings pushed the Jess vote pretty heavily rather than the beeboy vote
-he also went from townreading me on day 1 to scumreading me after I started to go after beeboy. As far as I know he hasn't really explained any good reason for his scumreading/voting me, it just seems like he's attacking me to defend beeboy, which as I've read on the mafiascum wiki, is pretty indicative of scum

From what you've said I'm slightly less convinced that Frosty is scum and there's a chance that it's abraker, but regardless I'm pretty certain that at least beeboy is scum.
Sakura

B1rd wrote:

Me and Frosty have been townreading each other the whole game too, heck it's Abraker's main point for a me/Frosty scumteam.

B1rd wrote:

I could've sworn it was bee pushing Jess more heavily than Frosty but i'll go double check

B1rd wrote:

-he also went from townreading me on day 1 to scumreading me after I started to go after beeboy. As far as I know he hasn't really explained any good reason for his scumreading/voting me, it just seems like he's attacking me to defend beeboy, which as I've read on the mafiascum wiki, is pretty indicative of scum
This is a fair point, chainsaw?
Sakura
Fact Checking from D2, Frosty wanted Jess PL'd, didn't do much scumhunting, kept ascertaining the bee's town, Went after hika then halted and said what she did was a towntell, only voted Jess near deadline.

Bee wanted Jess dead coz of an apparent lie, he legit scumread Jess, he also TR Frosty.
Sakura
You know, up until now i still wonder what the fuck was with that "Jess declared intent to hammer" shenanigans, when she never did, bee was the first one to mention it, and i pointed it out.
Then most of the D2 discussion devolved back to Jess declared intent to hammer but thought he was at L-2.
Sakura
Damn im getting tired, and i also want to hear from Hika and Frosty (why did i almost type ika LOL), I also want to hear bee's reply to you.
Hika
I'm still waiting to see what frosty says bc I really want to vote him if not bee.
Hika
Also sorry for my lack of posts this game. I'm just really trying to focus on my health right now. If it's bad I'll VLA if I need to.
I'll just take the time to heal until frosty gets back really...
Topic Starter
Zexion
Why is Invisible Inc. so hard

Votecount 3.4
No Lynch [1] - Frostings (L-2)
beeboy123 [1] - B1rd
Frostings [1] - abraker
abraker [1] - Sakura
Hika [0] -
Sakura [0] -
B1rd [0] -

Not Voting [3] - Hika, , beeboy123
With 6 alive, it's 4 to lynch.

Please tell me if you see any mistakes.
Frostings is V/LA until March 1th.
Day 3 ends on March 4th, 01:30 AM UTC.
Sakura

Zexion wrote:

Why is Invisible Inc. so hard
That's what makes it fun
beeboy123

-[Jess]- wrote:

@Dawn Any thing you want to say about?
or I will hammer after I wake up
Sakura
oh i see that seems to have happened right before the post where she said she didnt want to hammer, i missed that entirely i guess.
beeboy123

B1rd wrote:

From what I can tell from a quick browse,

From what you've said I'm slightly less convinced that Frosty is scum and there's a chance that it's abraker, but regardless I'm pretty certain that at least beeboy is scum.
1) I did that the last time I played with Frosting in newbie 14 I just find him pretty easy to read due to the differences I have seen in his scum and town game and the tone of his posts.
2) Is this relevant when he is town reading me?
3) You have been going after me pretty much the entire game? So you can make this argument about literally anyone that ever attacks you.
beeboy123
I kinda want to sheep Sakura because I don't care much about what happens in this game anymore and I doubt there is an available replacement on this site.
But yeah I just want to point out b1rd has pretty much been tunneling me the entire game.
beeboy123
Sakura do you think b1rd is scum?
Frostings
hello, I found a little bit of time :oops:

Hika wrote:

I'm still waiting to see what frosty says bc I really want to vote him if not bee.
wow Hika after everything I've done for you :( Is the only reason because of your gut feel due to me 180ing my read on you?

I don't really like B1rd's vote against beeboy, it feels quite opportunistic

abraker's posts are reaching Setsuen levels
Frostings
let me read abraker's post in more detail :o
Frostings
I actually don't understand, did he just paste his entire ISO or are there his own comments within the quotes?
Frostings
My reads stay mostly the same
I don't think scum Hika would tunnel me this hard :)
I'm picking up bits of AtE from Sakura. Sakura as scum is something I've considered, and still considering, but any leads against her isn't as strong as my other scumreads
If I recall beeboy usually gives up when he's town :)

I'm still suspicious of abraker but it frustrates me that I can't meta read him :)
and by PoE the other one is probably B1rd then, who I'll point my finger at again after beeboy vote
Frostings
Unvote
Frostings

Sakura wrote:

In an entirely objective data oriented only way.
both bee and frosty were townread at the end of D1.
Beeboy + Frosty (cannot be scum together) | It doesnt make sense for this scumteam compositon to shoot whoever's townreading them.
Possibilities:
Beeboy+B1rd (Doesnt make sense both were off wagon on D1).
Beeboy+Hika (Does any of their interactions make them scum together?)
Beeboy+abraker (Does any of their interactions make them scum together?)
abraker+Hika (Does any of their interactions make them scum together?)
Abraker+B1rd (Does any of their interactions make them scum together?)
Abraker+Frosty (This would be a long con busing if it was true, so probably not)
Hika+Frosty (Interactions on D2 dont make sense if they are scum together)

Leaving us with the possibilities of:

Beeboy/Hika, Beeboy/Abraker, Abraker/Hika, Abraker/B1rd.

The only way any scumteam that includes Frosty makes sense is with me, but im town, so i know this is not possible, Frosty suddenly rises in town scale.
I already talked about Beeboy.
Vote: Abraker
Didn't you miss some combinations?
Frostings
Hika + B1rd, me and B1rd
Sakura

Frostings wrote:

Hika + B1rd, me and B1rd
Huh, you're right.
My mind's slipping a lot lately, surprised no one else noticed it. Thanks, i'll see if either of those make sense tomorrow (irl)
beeboy123

beeboy123 wrote:

Sakura-sama D:
abraker

Frostings wrote:

abraker's posts are reaching Setsuen levels
Setsuen?
Sakura

beeboy123 wrote:

beeboy123 wrote:

Sakura-sama D:
As per my pairings post, i had abraker as 100% scum while B1rd as 50% scum, that may change given these new possibilities.
B1rd
So when did I suddenly go from being town to being scum? Just because I'm being attacked by two people because I think they're scum?

Frostings wrote:

I don't really like B1rd's vote against beeboy, it feels quite opportunistic
How? I thought beeboy was scum before anyone else even. Considering the effort I've been going to to push this lynch when apparently no one else wants to it's the opposite of opportunism.
beeboy123
So when did I suddenly go from being town to being scum? Just because I'm being attacked by two people because I think they're scum?
I mean there is more to it then that.
There is an issue with you tunneling someone for literally the entire game and never really pressuring anyone else or reconsidering your read.

How? I thought beeboy was scum before anyone else even. Considering the effort I've been going to to push this lynch when apparently no one else wants to it's the opposite of opportunism.
You have really only started hard pushing me right now.
And also that is something you admitted in your last post "Frosting only started pushing me when I started to push beeboy". And Hika declared she wanted it in her last set of posts.
beeboy123
Sakura-sama am I the only one who sees how horrible these last few b1rd posts are?
B1rd

beeboy123 wrote:

I mean there is more to it then that.
There is an issue with you tunneling someone for literally the entire game and never really pressuring anyone else or reconsidering your read.

You have really only started hard pushing me right now.
And also that is something you admitted in your last post "Frosting only started pushing me when I started to push beeboy". And Hika declared she wanted it in her last set of posts.
Do you realise how much you're contradicting yourself? Apparently I'm tunneling you the entire game but then suddenly I'm being opportunistic and pushing you hard right now. Of course I'm pushing you today, I was on the fence yesterday between you and Jess but now she's dead that leaves only you. I've already considered my reads and no new information has come up to make me change my mind. So I'm scum just because I'm actually pursuing my scumreads instead of flip-flopping like everyone else?

beeboy123 wrote:

Sakura-sama am I the only one who sees how horrible these last few b1rd posts are?
Funny that all of a sudden you're sucking up to Sakura when a moment ago you were going on about how much she was scum.
show more