forum

"SliderBallFlip" and "HitCircleOverlayAboveNumer" map specif [Denied]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +8
Topic Starter
Krisom
On the "skin.ini" file on the skins folder, there are some skin options under [General] that I believe should be map-specific, the SliderBallFlip, wich makes the sliderball flip in 180 degrees when hitting a reverse arrow or not; and the HitCircleOverlayAboveNumer, wich defines if the combo number will be drawn above or below the hitcicle overlay.

I'm requesting this because as now skinning is becoming more and more common, I've came across some maps that would need at least one of these options to be map-specific (or tried to skin something myself and was unable to), and I don't think that it would be too complicated to include this, since It would just requre for the mapper to open his .osu in notepad, and under [General] to include the skin.ini thing to be specific in said map.

Examples:
Sliderball in this map: http://osu.ppy.sh/s/30252
Or an overlay that look like this: http://osu.ppy.sh/ss/97784 opposed to this: http://osu.ppy.sh/ss/97785

Then again, someone might say "Ohhh, but the mapper should just go and change his own skin-ini from the skin he's using >:(", but then you have to take in mind that the mapper isn't the only one who will check the map, modders and players will too, and if a map gets ranked with, by example, this, and the player has a different HitCircleOverlayAboveNumer on his ini than the mapper, at first glance he will think that the skin is not well made, and downvote a map (not like if it is important, but it also kills the experience having a glitched skin...)

Any other skin.ini elements should be taken in mind to be map-specific, but I think these 2 are the most important ones right now.

Thanks for your attention.

(btw, I used the search function and no similar results were found)
Lanttu
I really wish I had votes left.. Because THIS. YES PLEASE. ;_;
Beuchi
Never thought about this but yeah sometimes it can be weird. I don't think the sliderballs are that bad though x3;

Supporting this :3
Xgor
YYYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As you might could guess, I would love this.

Oh yeah here is also another good example how Slider ball not flipping looks really weird http://osu.ppy.sh/s/8204
Derekku
I'm always supportive of skinning options like this, and I'm sure it wouldn't be too hard to implement it as .osu-specific. 8-)
ziin

ziin wrote:

[general]
OverlayPosition (above or below, also can use 0 = no change, 1 = below number, 2 = above number)
This also causes a stupid bug:

Overlay above number (default)

Overlay below number (what virtually everyone should use)

Crap we can't do
ComboBurstRandom
CursorRotate
CursorExpand
CursorCentre
HitCircleOverlayAboveNumer – See "OverlayPosition"
SliderBallFlip
SliderBallFrames: desperately needed
SliderStyle
StarBreakAdditive

Haven't tried these, but I'm sure they don't work. Also , "hitcricleprefix" and "scoreprefix" break maps if you change them from default or score.
HitCirclePrefix: default
HitCircleOverlap: 3
ScorePrefix: score
ScoreOverlap: 3

Crap we can do
Combo1-8
OverlayPosition: stupid to have it called something different.
SliderBorder: Glad to see it's in the rules now to include this if you include a hitcircle.
SliderTrackOverride: Needs to be a way to either force this on or off. My skin forces an override. Some mappers may want to force the combo color.
SpinnerApproachCircle: Mostly worthless due to being deprecated if your skin has a spinner approach circle

With the onset of osz2, I would suggest that anyone who wants to skin something do so with a custom skin linked in the first post rather than in the beatmap itself. Or find a skin which HAS those qualities already, and skin over it.
Zelos

Lanttu wrote:

I really wish I had votes left.. Because THIS. YES PLEASE. ;_;
ziin
Rather than make a new thread:

Just let us use skin.ini in the folder.
mm201
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=62185

I'll try to replace the stars.