forum

Global achievement announcement [Denied]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
Hanyuu
Hey i got this idea now because a friend of me just got the #1 rank on a marathon map.
So the idea is a global announcement for everyone in osu when someone beats a first place on a very difficult map 5 stars, or just approved.
It could look like the spectator text going through the screen "player XXXX achieved first place on YYYY beatmap", but that would look a little stupid when not playing a game at the moment.
So maybe a different kind of notification, and not the chat because it should reach every player at any time.
I dont know if this possible with the interface but it would be exciting to notice what is currently going on the rankings ^^; because everyone would see the great achievement instantly!
Noobita
+1
Waryas
This would be really annoying, i think we already have #announcement for that
Gens

JesusYamato wrote:

This would be really annoying, i think we already have #announcement for that
Aha, exactly that. Announcements were on the main channel at the start, but then became too spammy and untidy for a conversation to have in between. If anything, this request should be about transforming the now really common "x got #1 on y" messages to really difficult maps only, but still staying on #announcement.

Maybe reducing the overall quantity of announcements overall will make that channel more relevant and looked at...?
Derekku
Yeah, there's no need to put things outside of #announcement; that would just be moving backwards in progress...

I do agree with Gens that #announcement could be used better, though. Right now it's just full of thousands of messages and doesn't get looked at much.
Topic Starter
Hanyuu
yes i agree that the announcements are spammed too much (achievements).

I do agree with Gens that #announcement could be used better, though. Right now it's just full of thousands of messages and doesn't get looked at much.
yes this is my idea ;)

the chat #announcements now looks like a place to put the messages so they are not spamming other people. but they should be about important achievements? i think..

still i think not alot of players even click this tab and read what is there.. i never do because i am not interested who unlocked 500 combos or fruits lol