forum

E3 2011

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Sup A Noob
Let's have an E3 discussion here while it's still on. All Microsoft and Sony fanboys please get along for this thread.

That being said, I'm not gonna hold back on Micro$hit for this. Apart from some really sleek Kinect stuff with their core games and Halo 4 (not the remastered version), they had some really retarded game lineups and even some further acting on the Kinect.

Sony, tackled their PSN issue well, showed off new technology as always, but apart from Sly Cooper, didn't really have any actual surprises there. Oh, apart from DUST-some numbers being completely in sync with the Eve Online universe. And lots of cross platforms. I figured the lack of game titles could be because of time taken by the technology segment and the fact that many PS3-exclusives are actually JRPGs.

Other notable announcements include Infamous 2, Prototype 2, Arkham and Overstrike. Can't remember anymore.

Will be waiting for Nintendo to see what false promises they have for us.
Faust
It just boggles my mind that people are stroking their dicks.

I mean, when I saw the Halo 4 trailer, I just felt something wet hit my ear and realized about 90% of the Halo fanboys were collectively orgasming.
adam2046
They should just give Tim Schafer his own show.
So did anyone else watch the Overstrike trailer and think that Heavy Weapons Guy and Nathan Drake had a baby?
Mass Effect 3 looks set to take control away from the player every 10 seconds for [airquotes]cinematic effect[/airquotes].
Tomb Raider looked like it's taking a cool direction but it was slightly laughable with the constant reminder that "I HAVE TO GET OUT OF HERE I NEED TO FIND FIRE I NEED TO GET UP THERE I NEED TO GET OUT OF HERE I NEED FIRE" and then the cave collapses for...no reason?
Guy playing Skyrim sucks balls at it.
Future Soldier has cool Kinect ideas, shitty Kinect gameplay. Callin' it.
Star Wars Kinect: wolololololololololol
Fable: The Journey: -_-
Minecraft Xbox "exclusive": Why...
Ice T lookin' rad and did you hear? He's getting his band back together guys!
Loginer
Rage looks like a serious contender for GotY.
Mashley
DISNEYLAND KINECT MY FAVOURITE GAME EVERRRR <3333
Topic Starter
Sup A Noob

Mashley wrote:

DISNEYLAND KINECT MY FAVOURITE GAME EVERRRR <3333
*Uses little kid's voice*: Watch out! Jump!
Loginer
What the hell, Nintendo? Why would anyone in their right mind want to play console games with the world's bulkiest tablet? What idiot thought this would be a good idea?

Ah well, at least they're finally abandoning motion controls ... oh, wait.
Ikillforpies
i only care about namco and nexon LOL
Sony and micrsoft is all meh
Gens
Are we finally getting EBA 2 or Ouendan 3 for the U?

We're probably not going to get anything but it's still worth it.

In that case, osu! U port is our last hope (of course, for whenever homebrew comes out~).
jjrocks
The Wii U (please change the name, Nintendo...even Nintendo Stream, Project Cafe, heck even Wii2 was a better name) gives me several mixed feelings, mostly on controller issues and how it'll feel. Though, seeing some impressions and reports, people say it feels pretty nice and that'll have to do for now. I just hope Nintendo knows what it's doing though.
rust45
The support from big third parties seem promising, I just hope that the controller isn't as awkward as it looks
Topic Starter
Sup A Noob
WiiU looks like some sort of a potential challenge to our current big-name consoles there, but I feel the power is still not on to par. They're selling the controller there.

And that being said, sweet idea aside, who came up with the retarded design? Why thumbsticks on top of the buttons on BOTH sides?

Also, does anyone know what the "surprise demos" were?
Leader
Luigi's Mansion 2, can't wait. <3
Vext_old
YEAHHH IMA PLAY KINECT FABLE! AND SHOOT MAGIC AT PEOPLE!... over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and...

THEN IMA PLAY HALO 4! AND SHOOT BULLETS AT PEOPLE AND T BAG THEM!... over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and...
LuigiHann
Oh man, Halo Kinect with motion-controlled teabagging would be game of the year every year
Vext_old

LuigiHann wrote:

Oh man, Halo Kinect with motion-controlled teabagging would be game of the year every year
Finally I get to use this.

Ephemeral
pretty shit e3

skyrim was like the only interesting thing
Backfire
It really was preety shitty.
Skyrim looked cool as fuck, though. Overdrived looks nice.
That's it. :c
Zatoichi
My only comment on this year's E3 is the fact that the Wii U controller looks like a white Game Gear.
Crimmi
Street Fighter X Tekken, Mortal Kombat & Need For Speed : The Run is to die for <3
Mogsy
Skyrim was pretty interesting.

I actually might be the only one who adores the Wii U (sans the name). Maybe I'm just that much less jaded than everyone else.

The Vita is pretty impressive, but there's only one game I'm interested in for it so far (Ruin). We'll see.

Microshit was Microshit. Purely because this was their press conference. Also Cliffy B is whitetrash.

Am I the only one who hates SFxTekken/the way it looks? Because it seriously looks herpaderp plus a terrible fighting engine.
Mara
Can't wait for Skyrim and Battlefield 3.
Cyclohexane
God dammit Nintendo, that remote looks like a fucking etch-a-sketch

I mean Nintendo's notorious for making weird controllers (n64, Wii...) but this is just no. And I doubt they make good games along with it that are not remakes (actually that Luigi's Mansion 2 looks kinda sexy)

By the way I'm probably gonna sound pretty stupid but isn't E3 not opened to the public? I've seen people here and there saying they'd go, so I kinda wondered about that...
0_o

Mogsworth wrote:

I actually might be the only one who adores the Wii U (sans the name).
Make that two of us. I was completely stoked after the trailer, and all of the hands-on reviews I've read say that the controller feels a lot better than it looks. Really looking forward to the third party support as well.
Ph0X
Microsoft: kinect kinect kinect kinect MINECRAFT kinect kinect kinect

EA: 481297894th version of shitty sports game no real gamer gives a single fuck about, 20min of tanks driving in the desert, facebook facebook facebook facebook and more shitty remake

Ubisoft: Oh, we francais, we have accent! DOODLOO DOOODLOO DOO! The 25year old trailer of our game actually looks better than the game itself! more remake of shitty old game for us too, woo!

Sony: PS3 EXCLUSIVE PS3 EXCLUSIVE PS3 EXCLUSIVE PS3 EXCLUSIVE PS3 EXCLUSIVE VITA!!! VITA EXCLUSIVE VITA EXCLUSIVE VITA EXCLUSIVE VITA EXCLUSIVE

Nintendo: We think we know what hardcore gamers want, but we don't. Also, here's a new version of the exact same games we always had but for this new peripheral that introduces couple new control mechanics.
Rantai

Mogsworth wrote:

I actually might be the only one who adores the Wii U (sans the name). Maybe I'm just that much less jaded than everyone else.
I'm with you there, I'm really looking forward to the Wii U. Probably because I'm a Nintendo-fag

Faceman pretty much summarises my thoughts though.
RemmyX25
Overall, I wasn't impressed with E3. Didn't really have much hope for Microsoft (and yet they delivered the lack of hope I expected), didn't care for Sony (besides apologies and WE WONT FUCK UP AGAIN, PROMISE), and Nintendo didn't excite me like they did last year with the new Goldeneye and Golden Sun. Sure, the WiiU looks cool, but it's no wheres near finished, so we don't know what developers are going to do with it. Yea, there were cool tech demos, but there were cool tech demos for the Wii as well but we had only a handful of gems and a library full of crap 3rd party attempts. The 3DS has more potential, but it's still just dishing out some old favorites with a new look. (Luigis Mansion 2 and Kid Icarus are exceptions). Probably still gonna get one though.

Although I do want to get a hold of the Kinect at some point for a cheaper price, because UNLIKE SONY, when a random person hacked into the kinect to make it do more, Microsoft actually rewarded them. I still want to get a Dance Central game lol