forum

Any way to disable fading on hidden mod

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Haxwill
Like in the gameplay settings or skin settings. Kind of like hidden in osu!droid. still without approach rings, but doesn't fade. Don't ask why i need this, just do.

And no, if your answer is to hack. I am not hacking.

(And this is not the place for an argument, if you might cause problems then don't post anything, thank you)
Sandy Hoey
It is not possible to alter the effects of any of the mods
Topic Starter
Haxwill
:(
Cuber
haven't tried this myself, but maybe you could make your approach circles invisible in your skin, then play nomod? i think this should work
I Give Up
You can replace approachcircle.png file in skin folder with a blank image file. But then you will be playing nomod without approach circles, you won't be playing HD mod.
TakuMii
The Hidden behaviour in osu!droid is the way Hidden used to work in the main game before it was updated. You're still able to play like this if you switch to the old client (Options -> Release Stream -> "Stable (fallback)"), but I'd recommend learning how to read the new Hidden instead, as it's not any more difficult. Also, keep in mind that the old client will not be supported forever, so if the old client gets cut off, you're out of luck.
[Haku]
[quote="TakuMii] but I'd recommend learning how to read the new Hidden instead, as it's not any more difficult.[/quote]
I agree. I would even say that it's easier now, especialy for stacked note.
Merami Fox

Sandy Hoey wrote:

Then why was this done in 2016. You see the old hidden disnt fade sliders. The new one did
Endaris

bommy985 wrote:

Sandy Hoey wrote:

Then why was this done in 2016. You see the old hidden disnt fade sliders. The new one did

Hi, please don't necropost year old threads.
The answer you quoted referred to the possibilities players have to alter their gameplay experience through the use of skinning techniques.
The change for hidden was done when parts of osu!'s engine were altered and it became possible to skin sliderstart and sliderend differently in the first place. The changes the HD mod received in that context were deemed logical and fitting by the developer and met mixed reactions in the playerbase (see here for example) but still didn't give any room for modification through skinning or settings.