forum

S3RL - Feel The Melody (feat. Sara)

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Sh0keR
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on Saturday, January 28, 2017 at 8:24:10 PM

Artist: S3RL
Title: Feel The Melody (feat. Sara)
BPM: 175
Filesize: 9300kb
Play Time: 00:51
Difficulties Available:
  1. Hard (3.08 stars, 94 notes)
  2. Melody (4.01 stars, 395 notes)
Download: S3RL - Feel The Melody (feat. Sara)
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
First true attempt at mapping need feedback, don't be afraid to be harsh on me!

Melody - Just need to finish hitsounds, maybe some feedback?
Hard - Started working on it, far from finished

Thank you for the mods, still looking for more as I improve it ;)
Topic Starter
Sh0keR
Insane done, I am going to improve it (since some parts feel really awkward) I really need feedback, this is my first attempt at mapping
Topic Starter
Sh0keR
Looking for mods
AlishQa
Hi! I am a newbie in mapping too. But I hope my feedback can help.

Hard difficulcy:
1) 00:18:488 (4) - I think that backward slider is excess here. I cant hear the third beat in that moment.
2) 00:27:231 (1,2) - Here the beat in middle is excess, so instead of "slider + circle" put a longer slider, ending on circle's place. Oh, I understand why did u do that way: I was following the viloin, not the drums, so in drum's point of view its correct. However, I think that most people will follow violin, because previous objects followed violin. I really do not know is it bad to change from following one instrument to another. I think that in order to change following instrument there should be a pause, it should not be very rapid. [If someone experienced is occasionally reading this please explain a little bit about it :)].
3) 00:35:117 (6,1) - in this moment circle + slider is bad. Insted of this http://imgur.com/a/wKn8s do this http://imgur.com/a/GawLX (sorry, I couldn't add image properly)
4) 00:36:488 (10) - this slider should start earlier, at 00:36:317
5) 00:38:031 (1) - the same with this sldier. There is no beat starting with it. The good slider beggining time is 00:38:202

Melody difficulcy:
While testplay it was like objects appearing randomly. You need to put them in correct time. You can reduce the playback rate, it helps.
1) 00:21:402 (1) - this slider should start 00:21:574
2) 00:47:974 (6) - there is no beats suited for the slider here.
3) 01:13:859 (3) - this circle is ecxess. Just delete it.
4) 01:14:802 (2,6) - triples do not suit here. Delete sekected objects.
5) 01:34:259 (1) - this slider should start at 01:34:431
6) 01:36:488 (4) - the beat needed at this time: 01:36:659
7) 01:40:945 (6) - needed to make this slider shorter, or 01:41:459 (1) - this object must start later. You make too fast place, when music did not become faster.
8) 01:43:859 (1) and 01:45:231 (1) - this sliders should be shorter.

Now, I am on the half of a song and decided to stop. Sorry for that, but I think it is enough. Hope that my writing will be useful for you!
Topic Starter
Sh0keR

AlishQa wrote:

Hi! I am a newbie in mapping too. But I hope my feedback can help.

Hard difficulcy:
1) 00:18:488 (4) - I think that backward slider is excess here. I cant hear the third beat in that moment.
2) 00:27:231 (1,2) - Here the beat in middle is excess, so instead of "slider + circle" put a longer slider, ending on circle's place. Oh, I understand why did u do that way: I was following the viloin, not the drums, so in drum's point of view its correct. However, I think that most people will follow violin, because previous objects followed violin. I really do not know is it bad to change from following one instrument to another. I think that in order to change following instrument there should be a pause, it should not be very rapid. [If someone experienced is occasionally reading this please explain a little bit about it :)].
3) 00:35:117 (6,1) - in this moment circle + slider is bad. Insted of this http://imgur.com/a/wKn8s do this http://imgur.com/a/GawLX (sorry, I couldn't add image properly)
4) 00:36:488 (10) - this slider should start earlier, at 00:36:317
5) 00:38:031 (1) - the same with this sldier. There is no beat starting with it. The good slider beggining time is 00:38:202

Melody difficulcy:
While testplay it was like objects appearing randomly. You need to put them in correct time. You can reduce the playback rate, it helps.
1) 00:21:402 (1) - this slider should start 00:21:574
2) 00:47:974 (6) - there is no beats suited for the slider here.
3) 01:13:859 (3) - this circle is ecxess. Just delete it.
4) 01:14:802 (2,6) - triples do not suit here. Delete sekected objects.
5) 01:34:259 (1) - this slider should start at 01:34:431
6) 01:36:488 (4) - the beat needed at this time: 01:36:659
7) 01:40:945 (6) - needed to make this slider shorter, or 01:41:459 (1) - this object must start later. You make too fast place, when music did not become faster.
8) 01:43:859 (1) and 01:45:231 (1) - this sliders should be shorter.

Now, I am on the half of a song and decided to stop. Sorry for that, but I think it is enough. Hope that my writing will be useful for you!
Thanks, it was really useful.
I made the changes.
I will try to improve the Melody diff to feel better and not random (though I am not entirely sure how to do that yet lol)
Metaku
Just a random modder passing by.

First of all you should consider using a smaller grid for more precise note placement (you can change it from view -> Grid level -> 1/2/3/4, 3 is pretty good imo as it allows for quite good note placement already but isn't too small)

Melody

00:11:631 (1) - 00:17:117 (4) - You could replace these sliders with a circle to emphasize the first sound and make it better rhythm wise as the current slider tails don't actually have any sounds on them. You can also stack them with them with the next slider's heads to further empasize the sounds but that's just my opinion.

00:12:831 (4,5) - I think this rhythm doesn't really follow the song that well. You did it better 00:12:831 (4,5) - here. It's the same melody but here the clicking actually follows the melody played

00:26:545 (7) - Move this to the next big white tick and add a circle here to make it follow the rhythm better? I also suggest you to rethink the slider's shape. Currently it overlaps with itself too much and doesn't look very attractive. You could easily fix it by moving the second achor equally in between of the red anchor and the slider head instead of having it directly under the red anchor.

00:28:088 (4) - You should move the new combo from the next slider here as this one is on the downbeat and has a stronger sound.

00:29:460 (4) - I'd suggest replacing this with a circle and a 1/2 slider as it would sound the same when playing but the strong sound on the red tick would be clickable
00:59:459 (2) - 01:04:945 (2) - It seems you are following vocals here so these 2 sliders actually should e on the next white tick.
01:06:488 (5) - You should probably have this as a 1/1 slider instead so you could get the drum sound on the next white tick while still emphasizing the vocals.
There are similar issues with rhythm across the map (as well as the hard diff so I won't go through that specifically) so I'd suggest you to look at those before focusing on other things :P

Good luck with your map.
Topic Starter
Sh0keR

Metaku wrote:

Just a random modder passing by.

First of all you should consider using a smaller grid for more precise note placement (you can change it from view -> Grid level -> 1/2/3/4, 3 is pretty good imo as it allows for quite good note placement already but isn't too small)
I understand my note placement feel really random but what I don't understand is how to make it not feel random

00:11:631 (1) - 00:17:117 (4) - You could replace these sliders with a circle to emphasize the first sound and make it better rhythm wise as the current slider tails don't actually have any sounds on them. You can also stack them with them with the next slider's heads to further empasize the sounds but that's just my opinion.
Do you mean just remove every slider and put a circles instead? I stacked the two fist sliders together but I am not sure what do you mean for the rest.

00:12:831 (4,5) - I think this rhythm doesn't really follow the song that well. You did it better 00:12:831 (4,5) - here. It's the same melody but here the clicking actually follows the melody played
You linked to the same timelime, so I am not sure which part is good and which is not :)

I fixed everything else like you told me, thank you! I will try to look at similar issues I have with the map and fix them as well.
Metaku
Oops my bad I meant this 00:18:488 (4,5) - is good

Also I what I meant there was making 00:11:631 (1,2,3,4,5) - look something like this with 1 stacked on top of 2.To make it feel less random try constructing patterns e.g what I did here with the notes equally spread around the head of 2. Doesn't have to be necessary like this but just try to make sense with the placements and avoid messy overlapping patterns like this

Hope I made myself more clear this time :P Good luck!

P.S Don't kudosu this one

Edit: Forgot to mention but I'd suggest you to watch the mapping tutorials in pishifat's channel He has some really helpful videos there which helped me to improve my mapping too. So if you have time I'd really suggest you to take a look at it.
Topic Starter
Sh0keR

Metaku wrote:

Oops my bad I meant this 00:18:488 (4,5) - is good

Also I what I meant there was making 00:11:631 (1,2,3,4,5) - look something like this with 1 stacked on top of 2.To make it feel less random try constructing patterns e.g what I did here with the notes equally spread around the head of 2. Doesn't have to be necessary like this but just try to make sense with the placements and avoid messy overlapping patterns like this

Hope I made myself more clear this time :P Good luck!

P.S Don't kudosu this one

Edit: Forgot to mention but I'd suggest you to watch the mapping tutorials in pishifat's channel He has some really helpful videos there which helped me to improve my mapping too. So if you have time I'd really suggest you to take a look at it.
Thanks, I will keep this map updated as I try to improve my mapping :)
Topic Starter
Sh0keR
I am going to take a break from this because I am really busy with IRL issues, I will be back though!
BanchoBot
This modding thread has been migrated to the new "modding discussions" system. Please make sure to re-post any existing (and unresolved) efforts to the new system as required.