forum

[added] Taiko and CTB IRC channel (rolling up 1 year threads

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +32
Topic Starter
OnosakiHito
Few months ago the Taiko players got an own IRC channel for the official Taiko tournament called ,,#twc".
Now it is gone after the tournament ends and I feel really lost.

This suggestions was allready posted before:
Thread one
Thread two
Thread three
Thread 4, the ultimate one.
The threads where just gaved up or got denided because of reasons like ,,#osu channel is enough".

I think the question is not ,,Why to take it?". The real one should be ,,Why not to take it?".
Isn't it a big pro for this, that people of all game modes would not spam anymore in one channel?
I think it is better if everyone could write down something in his game-mode channel, also because the players found each other easier.

Here are more arguments and allready discussed things:
1.) There are not enough people to get this request work.
- To be honest, there are enough people who are going to support it or would like to have it. Nearly all 70 TWC player would like to have such a channel. And now put the Taiko and CTB comunity together, this is not a smal amoung of player.

2.) Quotation: I really don't see why you can't keep these conversations in #osu.
- Quotation: I don't see why 4000 people should chat in one channel. Personaly, I don't want read everything of every game-mod and how 100 people are spaming.

3.) The channels would be death and not used.
- Quotation: As I know #twc was allways full. Full with topics about Taiko no Tatsujin, maps, projects, TWC, taiko in osu!, privat stuff, off topic stuff..
And I rarely see people from taiko beeing in #osu or chatting there with some one. Sorry I don't know much about the CtB players but I guess it would be the same?

Also, why should be a channel dead, which is getting from the official game everytime news?
And there are more prooves that it wouldn be dead: http://osu.ppy.sh/forum/viewtopic.php?p=921150#p921150 + the Log's and screens of the #TWC.

4.) Quotation: use #videogames or some other unused channel
- Same as the 2.) point. And letting two communitys into one channel means much argue. Also Taiko and CTB are a part of osu! and not just an external game.
Quotation: Oh right, as one person from the Taiko/CTB community, I feel with this answer thrown away like trash, honestly...

5.) ...

Would like to see that.

Support from people who have no stars anymore:
Backfire, BrokenArrow1, OzzyOzrock, Noobita, LunaticMara, dkun, anongos, MMzz, Pereira006, Bass-chan, Miu Matsuoka, Kitsunemimi(uh, I guess?), Zekira, Acrith, Verdisphena, Pheon 2x, Ikillforpies, Sander-Don, VelperK x2, ProudOtaku, OzzyOzrock, crystalsuicune, Remilia--, animask, Blue Dragon, mekadon, aquabluu, shiirn, Hika, eviLinco, Luna, Hernan, VelperK, eldnl, KuraiPettan, Equivalent, Krzysiek, Pizzicatto, ekopret8ks
(39 people * 1star which count as two = +80☆) - two people would give two stars.

110 stars yet.
Backfire
We really should have one. Im not sure why we hadn't before. I can't give you stars cause I used them all on mine before ;w;
But, really, we have things for other things that aren't as important, like #videogames, so why don't we have a #taiko or #CTB?
TristanShi
adding a channel is just super ez with few commands.
so why not create a space for a specific topic? lol
Agreed. 8-)
BrokenArrow
Would be very helpful.
*Agrees*
I have no stars yet, sorry :(
Rokodo

TristanShi wrote:

adding a channel is just super ez with few commands.
so why not create a space for a specific topic? lol
That's like saying, "it's easy to step in a dog turd so why not do it?"

This suggestion is silly.
matthewhln
In the time of Taiko World Cup, It show that #twc is a good channel for taiko players to discuss

and also the discussion will be more orgainzed if there is a taiko and CTB channel

so I agree on that
NeoRainier
#twc was always opened on my pc...and now it's gone OTL.

By the way it seems like there are lots of taikoplayers who'd like to see a channel just for them, as it will be useful for sharing personal maps, receiving mods and also discovering some nice taikomaps; it will also help taiko community to grow a bit, since people who are new to the mode can ask for help directly to skilled players.

What have i said about #taiko is kinda the same about #ctb , just change the words xD
Weez
This is really needed!! :D
Would help with tourneys and such
OzzyOzrock
DO IT PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE

Horribly off-topic: Weezy has 999 posts omg omg omg
Noobita
Very much supported... these channels would not be about unimportant topics but about a huge part of this game that many people have an interest in
TristanShi

Rokodo wrote:

trust me, a #taiko/#ctb channel will not run as shit as other canceled channels.
Mara
Supporting.

Also, what.

dkun
not a taiko/ctb player myself, but this would seem like a great addition, and would be just as fair to those dedicated to these said game modes. but it would be nice if it acted like #osu in the same way that it's "english only".

TristanShi wrote:

Rokodo wrote:

trust me, a #taiko/#ctb channel will not run as shit as other canceled channels.
trolls get to everywhere, whether you like it or not.
Krzysiek
This is a good idea. I'd like to have #ctb channel opened at startup and being able to share thoughts on CtB playing without getting in the way of #osu discussions.

On the other note gotta say that #touhou -> #videogames aren't that corrupted with bored ppl cos they tend to spam at #osu ^^', so game mode related chat rooms would come in handy.
anongos
If I had anymore stars I would give it to this thread. There's really nothing else I can say that hasn't already been said.
MMzz
I miss #twc
Q^Q
+support
Pereira006
+1 support
Bass
+1
Miu Matsuoka
We really need more votes...

+1 Support
Jarby
I really don't see why you can't keep these conversations in #osu.
Krzysiek
Sure it's easily possible to discuss taiko/CtB in #osu, but you should take note that taiko players liked their #twc channel because they could avoid retarded ppl sitting on #osu.
Kitsunemimi
Would be a cool idea, but it would barely make any difference. The two channels will almost certainly be completely dead. People will still be talking about CtB or Taiko or be comparing them against each other in #osu, and it'll basically be like #videogames (although I never go there, I'm just assuming people mostly talk about their video games in #osu regardless).
Zekira
The two channels will almost certainly be completely dead.
@anongos and everyone I know that's been in #twc since forever; pull out all the #twc logs you have please, preferably the millions that aren't related to the actual twc but the conversations of the Taiko community, which isn't necessarily about Taiko. From how I see it, there's actually a circle of people formed from the common interest that is Taiko and that it turned into the 'Taiko community' which doesn't necessarily discuss Taiko. It's almost parallel to the existence of the #modhelp community.

Where the hell are my support stars when I need them...
Topic Starter
OnosakiHito

Kitsunemimi wrote:

Would be a cool idea, but it would barely make any difference. The two channels will almost certainly be completely dead. People will still be talking about CtB or Taiko or be comparing them against each other in #osu, and it'll basically be like #videogames (although I never go there, I'm just assuming people mostly talk about their video games in #osu regardless).
As I know #twc was allways full. Full with topics about Taiko no Tatsujin, maps, projects, TWC, taiko in osu!, privat stuff, off topic stuff..
And I rarely see people from taiko beeing in #osu or chatting there with some one. - Sorry I don't know much about the CtB players but I guess it would be the same?

Jarby wrote:

I really don't see why you can't keep these conversations in #osu.
I don't see why 4000 people should chat in one channel. Personaly, I don't want read everything of every game-mod and how 100 people are spaming.

Zekira wrote:

pull out all the #twc logs you have please
[...]
Where the hell are my support stars when I need them...
This. Honestly, looking at the logs would be mabye more helpfully.

Well, I have added the names of the non-star supporter in the first post. Thank you for interests guys.

dkun wrote:

[...]
but it would be nice if it acted like #osu in the same way that it's "english only".
I think people would automaticly speak english, but yes, I agree.
Topic Starter
OnosakiHito
Uh... I think bumping this should be okay. Read the rules.
Acrith
On #twc there was always good atmosphere, so I support this (don't have stars). It would be nice to have channel like previously #twc:)
Verdisphena
YEAH
Topic Starter
OnosakiHito
Thx for support.
And bump.
Pheon
I'd give you my support-stars if I still had them, both of them.
I'll just say I strongly agree with this request and that I'd love seeing it fulfilled O_O
Ikillforpies
i SOOOOO Support
This would be a great idea for ctb!
The sad thing is i have no stars ;-;
i would like to talk in #osu about ctb but there some retarted people in #osu that would always troll >.<
Thats why i want a #ctb or sumthing
show more