forum

Osu Beatmap Folder/Category Organizer [Denied]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +2
Topic Starter
Flanster
Heres the idea,most users these days have a large ammount of beatmaps on their HDD,and if you wanna find one specific song it would take some memory and time

So why not go like this?

You will be able to make custom folders,mark beatmaps and put them inside
Organized and easy to find.I made an example
Remilia--_old
Complete support~
i wonder what ppy might say tho
aevv_old
can already do this, make folders inside songs and place the songs inside those, then sort by folder. pretty sure it will be denied for that reason
Topic Starter
Flanster
That would take too much time and work :<
Gens
So, you mean sorting with folders in-game?

It does sound feasible, but first things first: releasing osz2. Don't know if it has been requested before though...

Not going to deny this just yet~
Derekku
Has been requested maaaaany times in the past.

Like Gens said, osz2 needs to be released first before things like folder sorting can be implemented.
My1_old
what the hell is Osz2 however that with the folder wwould be good for me too just because I have many beatmaps too
if a folder sorting is able the hast just a file move script to be made...
Starrodkirby86
.osz2 is the next file compression for beatmaps. It'll optimize a lot of things, to say the least. A few of these features would include easier downloading, simpler updating, and whatnot.
My1_old
I hope it gets still extracted coz I like to copy the best songs to my mp3player...
Cheer-no

My1 wrote:

I hope it gets still extracted coz I like to copy the best songs to my mp3player...
peppy never wanted you to be able to do that - that's just a side effect of the current file handling. osz2 won't let you extract or view any of the files outside of osu!, so copy the songs you want while you can.
My1_old
however withe playing feature you can record the song and have your file anyway :-P
and I only use It for private things (My Mp3player, not more) I swear
and of course for osu!