forum

Osu!daily : Daily tracking for your stats and more !

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Adri

Hello! For a few weeks I have been working on this project. In the first place I wanted to store all my profile information, hour by hour, on my personal server but then I realized that this would be pretty nice to allow anyone to access to this service.

The concept is simple : Every day, I look at your stats and I add it to your timeline. They are displayed on a custom userpage, wich looks a bit like osu's one, but with a slider to change the date. Here is an example with the current look :

If you want to see it live, just check my profile

There are magnificent graphs (more than osu can offer :D):
Not to mention the others, and the World Rank graph that is also on osu (but limited to 3 months and mine not! :P)

With all the info I am available to gather, I also made some alternative rankings ! (The current boards are filled with french players because i needed testers but don't worry, it is open to any nationality and to any mod !)
There are also rankings by Accuracy, Ranked Score, Total Score ... I may add some more rankings if some ideas are coming :)

In the future, i want to add some features that will enhance it :
- Use the same slider as the profile one, but to travel through time on the leaderboards, see who was first at some time, etc.
- Make the interface user-customizable, for those who don't like the osu!pink one !
- Maybe a better system to rank players from all mods (if this is ever possible x) ) ?
- Further ideas are welcome ;)

If you are interested, do not lose your time because every hour is a part of the life of your profile that I couldn't reach and that you won't be able to see in the future !

The registration is really simple, i made an osu! irc bot so you just have to send me !register in-game, click the activation link and chose your password. No e-mail, your nickname is your osu one ... 2 step registration ! :D (You don't even have to chose a password for me to track the stats! It is for accessing your account and chosing what mods you track)

For people using whatpulse, i can manually link your account so you benefit from more stats as uptime, keystrokes and clicks ;)

Feedback welcome, also wer are just out of pre-alpha wich mean we only are in alpha : There should be no bugs but, you know ... :P
Thanks for reading ! :hug:
Topic Starter
Adri
Quick update:

In order to alleviate osu API and my database, the stats are now collected daily by default. I can easily switch individual users from daily to hourly if needed but I will see where it gets :)
Jeremii
This is some good shit i see right there, hourly stats is surely interesting. Switching to daily for new users is also a good idea, you may as well throw a switch in the settings to let the user pick either hourly or daily stat collection with daily being default. They should be informed that hourly should be switched on only if they need that in addition to the lifetime stat tracking ;)

Also, here's an question: is it intended to look like that (the 3 "things" on each side)?

It doesn't look good imo, this would look better:

it also happens around the user's avatar
Topic Starter
Adri
Thanks a lot for your feedback !

Yes the little edges are intended, it depends on your taste i suppose ... maybe ill remove them ^^

I had some feedback on facebook for daily/hourly thing, and it turns out people prefer having daily stats (because it's more convenient when using the slider to get a precise date).
It was also an issue for data storing and processing, as you can see it only took 100 members for around a week to get to 165 000 records wich is A LOT and is slowing my poor little 3$/month server :D
To balance the thing, ill try to implement a kind of "as you wish" donation giving access to hourly stats, but i couldn't figure out on how to create it so i made somthing with 1,5€
The problem is, if there is a lot of users, i'll have to contact osu API some more and i don't want to spam it ...
Lay
I simply adore this idea!
Love the design and the layout and can't wait to see where it goes.
Was more than happy to donate and hope that my little bit helps~

I just noticed there isnt a NZ country flag - https://puu.sh/thqKR/2113c9b8da.png
UPDATE: It's there now, my apologies

Hopefully more people can and will stand behind this, awesome work.
~Karma
Topic Starter
Adri
Hi! Just saw you came in here :)

I have added the new flags, you are the first from NZ ;)
Your support is very appreciated, it means a lot !
ReptilianD
Hey, I use WhatPulse so how would you link my account?
Topic Starter
Adri
You can link me your Whatpulse profile page and i'll do the rest ! :)
ReptilianD
Topic Starter
Adri
Here you go :)
ReptilianD
Thank you :)
Topic Starter
Adri
New update:

I have found a name for the website, new URL and some minor changes to REQUEST parameters for the sake of URL look :P
(if someone finds any breach in the website ... even tho i don't think there are, would be good to tell me :P)
Topic Starter
Adri
Quick note on what changed since last post and also something quite important:

When Bancho isn't stable my bot may crash, I fixed that but if you don't get a response, or you don't see me online, e-mail me or send me a message on the website so I can read it ^^

And now for what I added :

There is now a country ranking page that may be enhanced in the future, and is not quite relevant due to low worldwide frequentation of the website.

I'm still thinking about adding a timebar, or date picker, on the general leaderboards which is totally possible :)
Jeremii
Won't global leaderboards take a lot of storage space tho? that seems to be a lot
Topic Starter
Adri
Won't take more space than what is already there, I just need to sort all of my user's stats to make a leaderboard ^^

And if you thought i'd automatically track all users, no of course ^^

What I can do is gather a lot of users for a single record, updated every week, to display interesting leaderboards such as SS, ranked score by country, etc.
But it's not in my mind yet ^^
Jeremii
That indeed looks interesting
Jeremii
Just dropping a little suggestion here, when looking at my own stats, about 80% of them are hourly stats. You should add a way to remove those hourly stats (not outright remove them, some may want to keep them) for the players who are tracked daily because it feels like suddenly BOOM insane skillboost. Either hide them or remove them, not only there will be less entries in the database, but also the slider will feel less jumpy because right now, a week = 80% of the slider and 5 weeks = 20% xD

(holy fuck this post is so unorganized)
Topic Starter
Adri
This is a problem I should look into.

Ill add "weight" to time gaps (either 1hr ou 1day) so the records are kept but are still decently readable.
Also there's a thing i wanted to add since the beginning but that I still didn't make : A date picker. Because it's not really easy to go to a precise date, and even harder to pick an hour for those who benefit from it ...

Thanks for the feed back :)

And also as you suggested to remove existing hourly stats from previous version: they only weight around 15 MB so not a big deal ^^
R-unknown
hi :)
i want to report some bugs.

i registered my account yesterday and i become another user

and now, my account duplicated..

and for additional, this blank page after page 5 bother me..

this osu!daily is amazing btw ;)
ReptilianD
You'll be hearing from my lawyer, that's identity theft
show more