forum

Individual hit sound for both (all) ends of a slider [Added]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
Rolled
I say "all" as I'd like it to support repeating sliders as well.

Anyways, this has been suggested somewhere over 9000 times, however making my own thread dedicated to it with some advances in the idea.

Each slider's endpoint will be selectable by itself, in which you can add its own hitsound. There could be incidents of people doing this accidentally, so therefor the ability to toggle it off (the old style of adding hit sounds) should be in the form of a checkbox under the audio tab in the Song Setup menu. Individual slider end selection will be unchecked by default, so it a. Does not overwhelm new mappers and b. doesn't make veterans WTF.

I've been wanting this forever, and it will come in great hand when wanting to keep a steady clap beat in a song. Sliders fuck that over completely, since both ends of it have the same hit sound.

<peppy> i'll do it tonight
<peppy> but yeah feel free to post
Gemi
This is good.
RemmyX25
I also am in favor of this, I want a slider where I can use a whistle to begin a slider and to end the slider, but no extra sound (save slider ticks) in the middle.

Download: Haru - Summer Shadow (Instrumental) (backstep) [Wmf's Taiko].osu
chtxdrgn
I'm for it too :O Even though I don't make beatmaps, this would make things work out much better. I've seen a lot of songs that could use this.
LuigiHann
A silent end to a slider would be good for those "snip snip" sliders in Hair Scare, lol