forum

Leagues (Ladders)

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +2
Topic Starter
Lunah_old
yo, I would like propose this for make osu more fun and agonistic.

Well what do you think about makea "league" (some ladders), where people can make his own team, challange other people and then there will be a ranking (like ESL, that a lot of people asked about osu there).

How should it be structured :

~ as I said you can make your own team (or clan), (I talked with peppy time ago about this, and he thought to make something like this..)
~ after you make your team you can join the leagues like, 2vs2/3vs3 or 4vs4, or just a 1vs1
~ there will be an automatic system where you can challange other people and then add the result with opponent confirmation
~ points that you gain/lose after the match are consistent to your team rating, (example a team that has 2000 rating points plays against a team that has only 100, they will gain few or nothing)
~ there already is the option for export the replay or the screenshot avoid every problem

EDIT :

~ Maybe adding specific mods ladders (?!)

I'll be happy to listen more ideas or tips about this.
Waryas
i'd love to have a HR tourney tbh
+1
Topic Starter
Lunah_old

JesusYamato wrote:

i'd love to have a HR tourney tbh
+1
also specific mod ladders will be awesome too.
dNextGen
nope
Fabi
The idea is good but its need a solid structure. Will probably depends on peppy on how and what he could implement if this feature would be enabled.
arien666
I think this would be good on Multiplay system :3
Umm...

I wonder if there would be some slots for data of ladders ;_;
Backstabber
Love the idea! Just throwing some things on the table here. New rating system, much like PSR in HoN, rating in LOL, arena rating in WoW etc.
Matchmaking solo or with friends. Search for players to compete against in both head to head and tag team. Matchmaking ladder and score.
Shael_old
i'd rahter like a club ladder where it just counts ranked score
James2250
Sounds like you are talking about viewtopic.php?f=4&t=29780

That thread mentions several ideas in detail about making clans/clan rankings/challenging other groups in multi/recruiting people/membership lists/game modes for it etc

Is there a difference between them?
Topic Starter
Lunah_old

James2250 wrote:

Is there a difference between them?

SPOILER
I know that you can't wait for move this to completed request [Denied] like others, but actually I am asking for leagues with ranking, clans/teams are a additional thing
Kitsunemimi
I think the two are very similar, and we can combine these two ideas to make something better? I don't really have much else to say about it, but support.
Topic Starter
Lunah_old

Kitsunemimi wrote:

and we can combine these two ideas to make something better? I don't really have much else to say about it, but support.
Yeah, also I would like see ideas/comments of other users about this, this is why I made this post
Topic Starter
Lunah_old
/request ignore'd
:)

up
Wishy
A Warcraft 3 like ladder and a "team" ladder would be cool. Only problem is how to choose the maps to be played, since it should be random and there are TONS of shit maps nobody's gonna be happy to play. This last thing could be solved by adding an option called "if you both guys agree you can spit on this map and go for another one", which does exactly what it's name says. And another problem with a possible mods ladder (idea I really like) is that many maps are IMPOSSIBLE to DT, many others are ridiculously hard (for not saying impossible) with HR, Hidden may give an huge advantage to one of the players depending on the map, and well Flashlight would be ridiculous. So in this case I'd suggest to do only ladders for HR and DT, but again the problem would be if you get to play an impossible to DT/HR map, which would be quite annoying. Plus I'm sure some people just for the sake of annoying you will end up playing the map even if you don't want to (not letting you change the map by the long name thing I said before). This of course gonna happen with low ranked people which ends up in demotivated newcomers.
Topic Starter
Lunah_old
there will be a long list of maps to play
Wishy
The idea of making a map list (maybe change it each month?) is pretty good.
Topic Starter
Lunah_old
Yeah, a "specific staff team" that chooses a list of maps for month (like the chart), not bad as idea

also I would like know by peppy or someone else if will possible something like this, is the dream of every player I guess xD and will make osu more agonistic,
Takuya
Me likes :D
DaddyCoolVipper
The tournament suggestion here wouldn't be totally fair, because someone could've played a song a million times before.

What you need is randomly generated maps (to the tune of some custom osu! song that can match the randomly generated stuff with music). This'd serve as a way of ranking players in terms of "first-time play" skill.

A difficulty slider would be nice, increasing in difficulty (including adding tough streams, things like that) on a scale of 0-10.
I think a few people at least would appreciate this, as the ability to play something for the first time is a different kind of skill to memorising a song.
[BlinK]

DADDYCOOLVIPPER wrote:

The tournament suggestion here wouldn't be totally fair, because someone could've played a song a million times before.
Isn't that called practice?