show more
Cropzy
I love mods
Kitsunemimi
....? :3
XPJ38
I have the best motherboard.

IppE
It would seem I never posted my current one here. Oh well.

budget quality shit =w=
Vext_old

Oh fine... What's important is it was very inexpensive and has yet to have any issues with anything I wish to play.
Jesss
My notebook :>
Kaona
silmarilen
Cropzy

Vext wrote:

Oh fine... What's important is it was very inexpensive and has yet to have any issues with anything I wish to play.
ALIENWARE, oh lawd........ i feel sorry for you

here's mine, upgrading to 8gb and new cpu cooler very shorty
IppE
It's that hard to crop an image?
Vext_old

Cropzy wrote:

Vext wrote:

ALIENWARE, oh lawd........ i feel sorry for you

here's mine, upgrading to 8gb and new cpu cooler very shorty
Personally I very much like Alienware and feel everyone that lol's at it is ignorant and never owned anything by them. It is more reliable than any other make I have had, on top of that it uses less power, puts off less heat, and is absolutely silent as well as being about the size of my xbox, let's not forget as well that not everyone wants to or cares to build their own. To top it all off, this entire rig cost me $500 US. Do tell where the issue lies then if not for the simple fact of hearing the name and going "eww" because of your ignorance and copying what others believe to be true. I for one feel sorry for you, because your setup is quite inferior, and I didn't have to waste any of my time with mine. Btw, I have had this about a year now, it is still a magnificent machine.

IppE wrote:

It's that hard to crop an image?
Cropzy can't crop... AHHH!!!! Quar, get here now and make a pun!
IppE

Vext wrote:

puts off less heat
Then why is your cpu at 63°C ?
Vext_old
X3 Because I never turn it off and it's always running gobs of stuff. I meant in comparison to other pc's and laptop's I have owned it doesn't heat up my room.
RBRat3
IppE

Vext wrote:

it doesn't heat up my room.
Thats not really a good thing if it can't dissipate the heat away from the cpu. Mine has been on for the last month or two pretty much continually and it doesn't heat up like that.
Vext_old
Oh, 63, I've been reading it as 33. That's odd actually. I think I know what it is but I have to wait a few mins to see if it goes down or not.
Cropzy

Vext wrote:

tl;dr
I know my rig is pretty shoddy but i was on a student budget and you dont really need an i3-i5-i7. The 775 core 2 quads are still really good. As for the alienware, Im a long time /g/ browser, so its my nature. In my own opinion alienware is over rated and cheap rice that has a big ass price tag slapped on.
Vext_old
Everything has super expensive overpriced models. Alienware likes to put fancy doodads, useless security systems, nifty paint jobs, designs and LED's to up the price, but their machines are solid and fair. Plus I adore how well done Alien Respawn is, as well as that it never includes bloatware. Also, since when is $500 for this setup expensive?

And it appears the culprit was my xbox. The pc can go vertical or horizontal, so out of paranoia of it falling over I lay it down sometimes though the main vents are on the sides which when horizontal are the top/bottom/back. Well, so is the xbox! CONFLICT.

Considering I have to leave it next to a lot of other devices that are also on, I'll take this as good enough. Thanks for pointing it out Ippe. I prolly never would have noticed.
Cropzy

IppE wrote:

Vext wrote:

it doesn't heat up my room.
Thats not really a good thing if it can't dissipate the heat away from the cpu. Mine has been on for the last month or two pretty much continually and it doesn't heat up like that.
So many temp files
IppE

Cropzy wrote:

So many temp files

Sylvaril
jjrocks

Bought this computer about 3 weeks ago, loved it ever since.
Kanye West
Cheap old laptops ftw

Kitsunemimi

Kaona wrote:

OH MY GOD LOL SOMEBODY ELSE HAS A L502X LOL HIGH FIVE <3

Also, @ Vext, while I won't hold anything against you for having Alienware, there is something I do want to point out.

Vext wrote:

What's important is it was very inexpensive...
......For fucking fuck's sake...

Yeah you know what... Okay, I won't even say anything.
Just pointing it out because my god, what.

Oh whoops, I forgot to post the Speccy of my new machine since this thread was dead amidst all the hype.

And before you people complain about the massive imbalance between stuff like the GPUs and the memory, I plan to upgrade those as I go, because... well, life is better that way~
Duo35
Kaona

Kitsunemimi wrote:

OH MY GOD LOL SOMEBODY ELSE HAS A L502X LOL HIGH FIVE <3
LOL you're right. Surprised you guessed exactly correct. *high five* <3
Kitsunemimi
Actually, I recognized the exact motherboard model that you had in your Speccy. So I was sure of your laptop once I noticed that.

It's a wonderful laptop, isn't it~
Cropzy
Upgraded today.
8gb mushkin ddr3 radioactive RAM
Cooler master hyper 212 evo heatsink.
South
messed up, look next post :P
South
SPOILER
------------------
System Information
------------------
Time of this report: 1/27/2013, 17:16:48
Machine name: JAMES-PC
Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_gdr.120830-0333)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: System manufacturer
System Model: System Product Name
BIOS: BIOS Date: 07/28/09 13:50:19 Ver: 08.00.15
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5 CPU 750 @ 2.67GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.7GHz
Memory: 8192MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 8184MB RAM
Page File: 3082MB used, 5099MB available
Windows Dir: C:\Windows
DirectX Version: DirectX 11
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
User DPI Setting: Using System DPI
System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
DxDiag Version: 6.01.7601.17514 64bit Unicode
Kitsunemimi

Cropzy wrote:

Upgraded today.
You know, it's cool and all that you upgraded your RAM but...

Why did you get that speed for RAM? That's like the slowest that DDR3 even goes. It barely even costs anything anyways so how come you didn't at least get 1333 MHz?
Cropzy

Kitsunemimi wrote:

Cropzy wrote:

Upgraded today.
You know, it's cool and all that you upgraded your RAM but...

Why did you get that speed for RAM? That's like the slowest that DDR3 even goes. It barely even costs anything anyways so how come you didn't at least get 1333 MHz?
The RAM IS 1600
Its cos my mobo is shit and declocks it
IppE
underclocks*

Plus its most likely more related to the age of the LGA775 platform than the quality of the motherboard.
Topic Starter
Corin
Wow, I never expected this thread to get necro'd
anyways

Add another GPU exactly the same and an Acer X223W and you have my PC
Cropzy

IppE wrote:

underclocks*

Plus its most likely more related to the age of the LGA775 platform than the quality of the motherboard.
I wrote it from my mobile in bed, that was why it was such a shit short post.

Heres the RAM I have http://www.mushkin.com/Memory/Radioactive/997006.aspx

The reason I have a socket 775 is because when I started building this pc I bought the 1st mobo I saw (this http://uk.asus.com/Motherboards/Intel_S ... 5G41TM_LX/). (Which happened to be lga775).

I slowly got parts (I was on a tight budget with no job who the fuck builds a pc with no money) I got about half the parts and I thought I may aswell continue the build. It is my 1st personal build (I refurb pcs and sell them off).

All in all its a decent pc and I like it.

Speccy

guts I know cable management but I have a shitty gaming case that does not have enough room behind the mobo which allows cable management.
RBRat3
Im waiting for some cooking ram clocks, highest I seen was 800mhz and then you have me at 1106mhz with shit timings
Kitsunemimi
From this, I think we can conclude that nobody in osu! cares about RAM speed.
Well, not many people care about it in general but... whatever.

Also @ Cropzy that blue fan on the left looks pretty familiar to me. It's from GELID, isn't it?
RBRat3

Kitsunemimi wrote:

Also @ Cropzy that blue fan on the left looks pretty familiar to me. It's from GELID, isn't it?
No one has fun with ram anymore :c *cries rubbing osu! ramdisk image~
Cropzy

Kitsunemimi wrote:

Yeah, amazing fans. Worth the money too
IppE

Kitsunemimi wrote:

Yeah because going beyond 1600Mhz is fairly pointless in most real world applications.
show more