Raynex wrote:

What is there to be jelly about?
Your laptop's specs are SOOO FREAKIN AMAZING
Markie

Zelmarked

Raynex wrote:

ONE GIGAbyte of ram.

I mean, we've done like, just left the mega byte territory, yo.
mathexpert

...meh. >:(
xRayne

Zelmarked wrote:

Raynex wrote:

ONE GIGAbyte of ram.

Whats so great about 1.00GB of Ram when i see others here that have like 8.00GB
I thought my specs sucked because my laptop is kinda old....guess idk much about the specs, etc o:
Zelmarked

Raynex wrote:

Zelmarked wrote:

ONE GIGAbyte of ram.

Whats so great about 1.00GB of Ram when i see others here that have like 8.00GB
I thought my specs sucked because my laptop is kinda old....guess idk much about the specs, etc o:
Can't tell if serious, or competing against me in sarcasm war.
Max
i think i have the fastest DDR3 ram here :)
Copter-kun

btw, my CPU is AMD FX-4100
foulcoon

Backfire wrote:

So, whenever I get the money, my computer will be super fucking boss cause ima buy myself a 7000.
i know that feel

foulcoon

Max wrote:

sorry for double post

the actual clock speed is double what Speccy is showing. Also mine is slightly faster :P

For the price, I don't think its really worth going over 1600mhz unless you're a super nerd

EDIT: I think roko's is 1800mhz anyways
Max

foulcoon wrote:

Max wrote:

sorry for double post

the actual clock speed is double what Speccy is showing. Also mine is slightly faster :P

For the price, I don't think its really worth going over 1600mhz unless you're a super nerd

EDIT: I think roko's is 1800mhz anyways
i can easily get mine to 2000 but i don't see the need in that. mines are Dominator GT 3x2GB 1600Mhz 7-7-7-20
fast enough for me don't worry.
Valentiino
Anything above 1600 is barely noticable (unless you run SuperPi on daily basis)
JZavala_old

Max wrote:

only reason i dont run at the full 2200, is that two sticks apparently wont do it(as stated by the manufacturer even though they're rated for 2200), and my i7 dun liek triple channel ddr3 2200.
Slip

First built computer!
Isn't very good until I get around to upgrading it later in February :o( especially buying a moniter...)
Rena-chan

Slip wrote:

SPOILER

First built computer!
Isn't very good until I get around to upgrading it later in February :o( especially buying a moniter...)
I just want to let you know about the grammatical error in your avatar. That should be "an avatar" instead of "a avatar".

Also, new graphics card whoo. Why Speccy only detects one of them is a mystery.

ArcAngelArtemis

That's mine I suppose.
Cropzy
I love mods
Kitsunemimi
....? :3
XPJ38
I have the best motherboard.

IppE
It would seem I never posted my current one here. Oh well.

budget quality shit =w=
Vext_old

Oh fine... What's important is it was very inexpensive and has yet to have any issues with anything I wish to play.
Jesss
My notebook :>
Kaona
silmarilen
Cropzy

Vext wrote:

Oh fine... What's important is it was very inexpensive and has yet to have any issues with anything I wish to play.
ALIENWARE, oh lawd........ i feel sorry for you

here's mine, upgrading to 8gb and new cpu cooler very shorty
IppE
It's that hard to crop an image?
Vext_old

Cropzy wrote:

Vext wrote:

ALIENWARE, oh lawd........ i feel sorry for you

here's mine, upgrading to 8gb and new cpu cooler very shorty
Personally I very much like Alienware and feel everyone that lol's at it is ignorant and never owned anything by them. It is more reliable than any other make I have had, on top of that it uses less power, puts off less heat, and is absolutely silent as well as being about the size of my xbox, let's not forget as well that not everyone wants to or cares to build their own. To top it all off, this entire rig cost me $500 US. Do tell where the issue lies then if not for the simple fact of hearing the name and going "eww" because of your ignorance and copying what others believe to be true. I for one feel sorry for you, because your setup is quite inferior, and I didn't have to waste any of my time with mine. Btw, I have had this about a year now, it is still a magnificent machine.

IppE wrote:

It's that hard to crop an image?
Cropzy can't crop... AHHH!!!! Quar, get here now and make a pun!
IppE

Vext wrote:

puts off less heat
Then why is your cpu at 63°C ?
Vext_old
X3 Because I never turn it off and it's always running gobs of stuff. I meant in comparison to other pc's and laptop's I have owned it doesn't heat up my room.
RBRat3
IppE

Vext wrote:

it doesn't heat up my room.
Thats not really a good thing if it can't dissipate the heat away from the cpu. Mine has been on for the last month or two pretty much continually and it doesn't heat up like that.
Vext_old
Oh, 63, I've been reading it as 33. That's odd actually. I think I know what it is but I have to wait a few mins to see if it goes down or not.
Cropzy

Vext wrote:

tl;dr
I know my rig is pretty shoddy but i was on a student budget and you dont really need an i3-i5-i7. The 775 core 2 quads are still really good. As for the alienware, Im a long time /g/ browser, so its my nature. In my own opinion alienware is over rated and cheap rice that has a big ass price tag slapped on.
Vext_old
Everything has super expensive overpriced models. Alienware likes to put fancy doodads, useless security systems, nifty paint jobs, designs and LED's to up the price, but their machines are solid and fair. Plus I adore how well done Alien Respawn is, as well as that it never includes bloatware. Also, since when is $500 for this setup expensive?

And it appears the culprit was my xbox. The pc can go vertical or horizontal, so out of paranoia of it falling over I lay it down sometimes though the main vents are on the sides which when horizontal are the top/bottom/back. Well, so is the xbox! CONFLICT.

Considering I have to leave it next to a lot of other devices that are also on, I'll take this as good enough. Thanks for pointing it out Ippe. I prolly never would have noticed.
Cropzy

IppE wrote:

Vext wrote:

it doesn't heat up my room.
Thats not really a good thing if it can't dissipate the heat away from the cpu. Mine has been on for the last month or two pretty much continually and it doesn't heat up like that.
So many temp files
IppE

Cropzy wrote:

So many temp files

Sylvaril
show more