forum

osu!mania 7K World Cup 2017 - Mappool Suggestions (Closed)

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Blocko
Link to MWC 7K 2017 Wiki Page
Link to MWC 7K 2017 Registrations

Hey, everyone!

With the osu! World Cup 2016 tournament coming to its departure, osu!mania 7K World Cup 2017 will be taking its place soon after. Registration for the tournament is up until 25 December 2016, so if you'd like to play in the tournament, be sure to sign up!

Since there's only the three of us to find maps for the tournament (Kamikaze, Evening and myself), just like the last osu!mania World Cup, we need the community's help to suggest charts for the mappools for MWC 7K 2017.

The same rules for suggestions last time apply and are as follows:
  1. All maps suggested MUST be currently submitted to the osu! website.
  2. Suggested maps MUST NOT have 7 notes used simultaneously. This is due to the fact that most USB keyboards do not allow 7 simultaneous key presses. Any maps that have them are not allowed in the mappool.
  3. DoubleTime/HardRock suggestions are not accepted. There will not be a DoubleTime or HardRock bracket for MWC 7K 2017.
  4. We do not accept autoconverted maps from osu!standard. You can tell whether or not a map is from osu!standard by the star symbol listed on a difficulty in the beatmap page.
  5. You cannot send any maps that are in map collections. A map collection would be something like CHALLENGE 006 or BMS Delaypack Side A. Basically any mapset with multiple mp3 files. The only exception to this would be a mapset where it includes only sped-up mp3s, like Evening's licca.
  6. No dump/"overmapped" charts. A dump chart is defined as a chart that does not follow the convention of adding notes only when sounds are there to physically justify them. There are some edge cases, but an example of a dump chart that would not be accepted would be this AiAe mapset. An example of a dump chart that would be accepted would be Evening's ZENITHALIZE. Don't worry too much about this requirement however - feel free to send dump/"overmapped" charts if you feel that it's not "overmapped" enough. We will filter out the suggestions accordingly.
  7. No timing point gimmicks. This includes stops and white line cluttery (timing point abuse). Examples of this include Evening's Singularity SV chart. SVs, however, are fine if appropriately used. (loose word, but this is intentional - we will be ultimately judging whether or not it's appropriate anyway)
  8. We do not accept songs with inappropriate (18+/NSFW) content. Suggestive imagery, gore and all those are not allowed. If you believe that something is debatably inappropriate, you're better off not sending it.
  9. We do not accept converted maps from other rhythm games, unless you are the creator of said map. This applies even if the person has given explicit permission to convert their charts to osu!mania.
  10. 7K only. The osu!mania 4K World Cup tournament will be hosted in the middle of 2017.
Suggesting a map does not guarantee the map will appear in the mappools. However, every suggestion will be checked and considered provided it follows the guidelines above.

You can access the form to put in your suggestions here.
Keep in mind that suggestions filled in as a reply to this thread will not be considered - you must use this form.

Remember that this thread is not for osu!mania 7K World Cup 2017 discussion. You can find that thread here.
If you have any questions, be sure to post below!
Jinjin
lmao I like how most of the example maps given in the rules are zenny maps
-Squishy
I spent the past few hours submitting maps and got 14 in. Since there doesn't seem to be a limit, I'm going to aim for 100 submissions before times up!
Kamikaze
There is no limit of course! Suggest as many as your heart desires, the list Blocko posted is a list of what we will NOT take into consideration, so don't bother with them.
Also I would like to point out that we may take into consideration maps that have mild timing point gimmicks (like a couple of stops) if they are executed properly, but maps with excessive gimmicks we will probably not. For example maps with white line (timing point) spams are not acceptable especially since you can turn them off in skin.ini.
aitor98
Not ranked maps PLEASE
Kamikaze
get out aqo
Soul Evans
Can't wait to see what fun this year's mappool would be, i expect this year would end with a bang
Riutz
Jinjin

Riutz wrote:

Suggestions right? :>

https://osu.ppy.sh/s/553715

https://osu.ppy.sh/s/497812

https://osu.ppy.sh/s/535791

Blocko wrote:

You can access the form to put in your suggestions here.
Keep in mind that suggestions filled in as a reply to this thread will not be considered - you must use this form.
Ochasan
can i put 3 in 1 (on registration map link) ???

i mean 3 map on 1 registration
AncuL

Ochasan wrote:

no you cant. just put it one by one
Ochasan

AncuL wrote:

Ochasan wrote:

no you cant. just put it one by one
ok thanks you ancul :3
Topic Starter
Blocko
Mappools have been finalized. Suggestions will not be taken beyond this point.

Locking the thread since there isn't really anything to discuss here.

Thank you everyone for your suggestions!