forum

osu!skinning pause menu sound plays during fail screen?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Chronical V
So I was making a new version of a skin for fun and I was looking through the wiki and a reddit forum about how to edit/change the pause menu sound (or add, in this case, since the skin didn't have one already), and it said to save as 'pause-loop.wav', which I did, and then put it in the skin folder.
However, when testing out the actual skin, the fail sound I added earlier works perfectly, but after adding the pause menu sound, it not only plays during the pause menu screen, but during the fail screen, which overlaps the fail sound and sounds like a mess.
Does anyone know why it does this?
(I already tried looking through some of my other skin folders too see their pause menu sounds to find the problem but none of them had the sound anyway)

EDIT: I noticed that the default pause sound does this too, so maybe it's always like this? In that case, I would like to request a feature to make the pause sound (pause-loop.wav) play only during the pause menu, not during the fail screen.
Lyawi
If the pause sound plays also after a fail, how about you only add the pause sound?
Topic Starter
Chronical V

Lyawi wrote:

If the pause sound plays also after a fail, how about you only add the pause sound?

Well.... I kinda want both the pause sound and fail sound, but each of them should only be played on their respective screens.
Lyawi
Yeah, you're right. Here's pretty much the same problem.
o x
The OP already made a FR for this. I have this problem too so maybe something will be taken care of, there are multiple posts with the problem but no action has been taken for these posts most just get Archived.
Topic Starter
Chronical V
Yea, I saw that and a reddit post when I was searching for solutions. Apparently it's just like that, so I posted a feature request in that pause sound only plays during pause menu.
It's really a shame because the skin I'm working on has different pause sounds and fail sounds and since they feature dialogue, it's a mess when they overlap (plus, it's funny dialogue, so I really want to make this skin).