forum

Taiko Mode Achievements [Denied]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +1
Topic Starter
J U D G E
Was reading about this in the Osu!-newsletter, and i figured that adding this would be a good idea, plenty of Taiko players around here.

250 Combo 500 Combo 1000 Combo etc.
Playcounts like 250, 500 etc

Discuss and suggest ;).

Duplicate: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=25725
Jarby
Maybe you should be a little more specific about this? Actual ideas would help because I've got nothing.
Topic Starter
J U D G E

Jarby wrote:

Maybe you should be a little more specific about this? Actual ideas would help because I've got nothing.
Well, what about:

250 Combo 500 Combo 1000 Combo etc.
Playcounts like 250, 500 etc

I'll put this in the main post.
blissfulyoshi
You might as well keep playcounts consistent with the playcounts needed in standard mode as well (5000, 15000, 25000).

On the other hand, as the newsletter says, artwork is far more important right now. I am pretty sure people can come up with a few dozen acheivements easily, but this is pointless without decent artwork to accompany it. I would suggest that people focus on making artwork for the basic achievements listed above before doing other things.
Meikyuuiri Tsumi
In terms of fairness and providing more fun for all type of players, I think it is a great idea. Now, realistically speaking, I am not really into taiko mode, but I could give a few suggestions.

Now lets see.... osu! standard has the most achievements because it's "main" mode. Catch the Beat and Taiko are special modes, so they should have some kind of special achievements, so to speak. Former already has "collect x number of fruits" achievements, so Taiko should have something similar, as in, related to the mode itself in some way.

Here are some things that comes to mind(not necessarily implying that all of them should be implemented):

- 1,000 combo
- 3,000 plays
- 10,000 plays
- 25,000 plays
- 50,000 plays
- 1,000,000 large red note hits
- 5,000,000 blue note hits
- 10,000,000 red note hits

I certainly don't have a clue about how achievements are made, but if there is someone willing to make them, sure why not.
Jarby

Surely you can make this relate to Taiko. Somehow.
Soaprman
I don't play Taiko, but I would if I could win a La Rouxster achievement for it.
Topic Starter
J U D G E
Stuff like test_of_valor mentioned - 1,000,000 large red note hits
- 5,000,000 blue note hits
- 10,000,000 red note hits
Sounds like a good idea, also, a achievement for getting a really high combo for those yellow bar notes or in the Taiko version of the spinner would cool.
OzzyOzrock
Aqua could make icons for the achievements www.

THERE SHOULD BE ACHIEVEMENTS FOR FCING THE 2000 SERIES >:D
Sander-Don

OzzyOzrock wrote:

if they were all ranked ;_;
OzzyOzrock

Sander-Don wrote:

OzzyOzrock wrote:

if they were all ranked ;_;
Yeah orz (go go arken)
Zekira
We're currently discussing this in the Taiko thread actually.

crystalsuicune would be happy to make graphics if only she had a computer (which from the looks of it she won't be getting a computer until next year :/)

As for combos, 765 and 999 combos are mandatory :D
Sander-Don

Zekira wrote:

As for combos, 765 and 999 combos are mandatory :D
i love you, you genius.
MMzz
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=25725
basicly has what all you newfags are talking about :3