forum

[resolved] <Timing between my movement and cursor

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
BougaLeDieu
Problem Details:

I run the game today and i see the error "your song database is corrupt, will start from scratch (might take a while)", not sure if it is exactly the message, but that's it. Then the game pretty much lags, freezes at some point, and i can move my arm before the cursor move in the game, with like .1 seconde reaction, but it makes the game unplayable...
Also, the songs' difficulty switches up and down sometimes, because they are not ordered...

I tried to rename the Songs folder to, say, "Songs1", create a brand new Songs folder, with a song in it, F5 in the songs menu in the game, then delete the new folder and rename the real folder back to "Songs", then F5 again, but the cursor is still slow to reaction...

I also noticed that the song that is being started at the game opening is not "Click the circles" anymore, but "Welcome to osu!", i'll say that's a minor things, but still...

Does anybody know how to solve this problem ? can't play :'(

EDIT : some of the text in game is not in the languages it should (i'm french, and when pressing escape in the main menu, it should not say "yes" or "no" ), the background in the main menu also changes, but it does not really matter at this point..... What matters is this :

http://imgur.com/4SINlyR

Drawing circles with cursor shows that my game is completly lagging....... and during a song, it is even worse, before the noes appears it is quit fine, but compare to what's next. Impossible to pass a 2.5 stars song (i pass usually 4.5 to 5 stars songs), and i don't talk about jumps, next level dufficulty....
I uninstalled and reinstalled the game though, and it STILL bug......

osu! version: 20160403.6
Full Tablet
Wait for the beatmap database to rebuild in the background (it can take anywhere between a few seconds to a few hours, depending on how many songs you had).
Topic Starter
BougaLeDieu
Like, even though the game isn't showing any form of actions, it is running in the background ? hum..... will it also make the language thing back to how it was ?
If it is like so.... i'll wait....
Thx for responding :D
Topic Starter
BougaLeDieu
It's been couple hours now, and after restarting my game, it is still like so, I also tested in game, any map, default skin, when i get to low hp (which occure 100% time, because the game is unplayable) the screen turn red, and then my fps drop down to 6 (average of 10).

Re-installing the game doesnt seems to change anything, I'm out of options.... and I still don't know why languages don't match the "location" file (in the location folder, there is fr.txt because i'm french, but menu languages don't match what's written in..... :/ )

Does the game have default value when it's broken ?
And over all, pls how can i fix my problem ? :''''''(
Starrodkirby86
You've tried to change the language in the game to French, right? It should be one of the first options, or you can just open the Options menu (Ctrl+O) and search for Languages.

You should try to not mess around much with the Songs folder, as osu! would have a difficult time trying to keep track of things. Let osu! reload the Songs database, and then at the song selection screen, you can sort to what you'd like (though I recall times when a new database load doesn't have difficulty sort yet as they're "not calculated yet").

Otherwise, the easiest things I can suggest to you would be to set lower graphics settings and maybe use a lower game resolution. Sometimes the game also lags with songs with video, so disable that too.
Topic Starter
BougaLeDieu
With the setup download, it detected on its own I was in france and then put the right languages setups...... but still i don't understand this :

http://imgur.com/3sU1efo

It just doesn't match the folder it is supposed to.... or maybe I don't get osu! installation.....
Over all, i tried everything, through resolution test, unchecking every graphic details, re-install osu! on a different disk part, analysing the part it was on, no disk error so far..... The only thing I managed to do is that for now I don't get the huge fps drop during a song..... but fps average is 20 (it used to be more than 100), and I can't (I don't really want to either...) use to this reactivity time and overall slowness.... And I don't think I want to say I'm done with this game, there's always a reason right ?

For now it kinda annoy me a lot.... I'll just try tomorrow, even though I don't except the game to work anyway, without doing anything but wait by then...
(Still don't know why re-installing keep the bug, must have not to be about the game.....)
Kao
Erm*
Reinstalling doesn't help in these cases, it just wastes time
Either osu! Hasn't been setup correctly or the file is not being detected
You could try fixing permissions by going to options (in-game) and click on "repair folder permissions"
Then, you could try repairing. But since you have reinstalled, this might not have an effect
Since you have two different problems, you should make a new thread instead about the problem of the translation not working correctly. It might get answers easier that way.

Method 1: Launch Repair Dialog
  1. Hold down the Shift key on your keyboard.
  2. While holding Shift, double click the osu! icon on your desktop.
  3. Continue holding Shift until you see the recovery dialog prompt.
  4. From there, click on the "Repair osu!" option
Method 2: Shortcut
If you have the "repair osu!" Shortcut, opening that also works.

Method 3: Text document
You can also force the updater to run by creating a new text document in your osu! folder called "help". Right-click in an empty space in your osu! folder, and choose New > Text Document.
Name it help and then run osu! to start the updater in forced maintenance mode.
Topic Starter
BougaLeDieu
osu! says it is up to date, whether I do method 1 or method 3 (I don't have the repair osu! icon in my osu! floder for method 2 though).....
Only says it's up to date, and start, lagging as always.......
Kao
  1. Have you tried enabling compatibility mode?
  2. Try moving osu!.db out of the folder and try again
  3. How about disabling programs such as Skype, OBS, Steam, Antiviruses like AVG, Avast, Overwolf, Raptr?
  4. Try turning on/off vsync
  5. Play in full screen mode
You can still start osu! With repair by doing these steps
  1. Right click osu!.exe > Create a shortcut
  2. Open properties of the shortcut
    1. Select then Alt + Enter
    2. Right click > Properties
  3. Set Target to ...\osu!.exe -config
  4. Press OK then open the shortcut
Topic Starter
BougaLeDieu
Ok, I just worked out that every of my games can't go higher than 20 fps..... that's a general problem with my computer.... osu! is pretty much fine i guess, my computer doesn't....

I'll fix the problem another way, since I know where it comes from... thakns you anyway for responding and trying to work it out :D
Kao
That happens because frames are limited, and are being limited by a program
Screen recording like OBS, Camstasia, Fraps do this while they're running
Also, enabling vsync in the control panel of your drivers does this too

Hope your problem gets fixed
(If possible post the solution that worked)
Topic Starter
BougaLeDieu
Today, I worked out with someone the problem, I discovered that it had to be about graphic drivers, since coouples of the game I tried to launch send me a beautiful error talking about drivers. This person told me to use driverscloud, to see if i could update some drivers, and I found out that an Iten graphics drivers was miss installed, so i fixed it, rebbot, and everything is fine now......

This pleasure when I opened osu! after the reboot, and the main music turned on, not a single lag, so cool :D
I don't know why this drivers complained suddenly since last days though..... but yeah, problem fixed
Kao
Glad it worked out for you!

... Though I wonder if you should've just posted the error right away. It could've solved your problem sooner (and make me have an easier answer)
Next time you see an error, even if it's not in osu! You should post a screenshot of the error.
Furthermore, when osu! Crashes, click on the crying pippi and the error log will show up.
These information helps out a lot (for you and people who are helping)

Cheers :)
Topic Starter
BougaLeDieu
At the first place, I didn't think about drivers issues, but more of a song database error (which osu! talked me about), and then this lag thing, could be coming from a game bug or so. I didn't knew right away that every of my game would lag this way, I mainly play osu! these days and didn't play other games when this bug occured.
Well that maked me quit osu! for 2 days, I lost a bit ok jump skills, 'gonna rebuild this :D

E: last thing, how can I make this subjet "solved" or something ?
Starrodkirby86
Congrats on the problem getting fixed! :)

Enjoy playing more osu!.

A support team staff will take care of it and mark your topic as solved from here, so no worries. :)
Pawsu

Starrodkirby86 wrote:

Congrats on the problem getting fixed! :)

Enjoy playing more osu!.

A support team staff will take care of it and mark your topic as solved from here, so no worries. :)
:oops: