forum

[duplicate] Skin Updater

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
_Kaiz
Well I have a concept of a skin updater so the skin users wont have to revisit the forum post or the skin site to redownload the skin for updated one.
When you upload/update your skin to a specific host/server
The software will define the file you just uploaded/updated and give download options to the users.
Options like Custom Host (obviously because osu! server cant handle these), version select,...etc
o x
This would require the skins to be uploaded to the osu! website. I don't see this happening since it seems a bit too complex
abraker
I believe something along the lines of having a skin database like beatmaps was suggested before. I also believe peppy mentioned something is in the works either on reddit or discord, but unless I find a source where he said it, take this statement with a grain of salt.
Topic Starter
_Kaiz
Yeah Its just a concept.
As I mentioned. Yes you will need a custom host/server to download the skin.
Like mediafire or Google drive
all you will need is providing the updater the link to download the skin osk or file.
Seijiro
Wouldn't t/110777/start=0 be more appropriate as a concept here? It somehow comprehends your idea.
beaw

MrSergio wrote:

Wouldn't t/110777/start=0 be more appropriate as a concept here? It somehow comprehends your idea.

I agree with Sergio here.

I do see where you are going with this though.

It would be nice! I would support this.

Even so, I suppose we'd have to contact the developer of that osuskins.info site and have him work something out with peppy. Maybe an in-game tab for skins using an interface and whatnot for the website?
Bara-
It will require all skins to be uploaded to osu, which will give ridiulous server strains
I'd much rather have the idea Sergio linked
Pawsu
Please support the link MrSergio provided.