forum

[Archived] Why did my pp go down?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
FZN_Sasuke
Problem Details:
I Fc''d a map a while ago which gave me around 126pp (can't remember exactly how much it was) and today I thought I'd improve that by doing a HDDT instead of DT.
I managed to get the FC however it put my pp down.
Now I know its possible to go down in pp but when I improved the score, the acc and added HD.
Got 141pp as opposed to 126pp I would of thought that I would've at least went up in pp?
I'm just confused I asked around in chat but no one knew, I would just like clarification please.
Thanks

Video or screenshot showing the problem:https://osu.ppy.sh/forum/posting.php?mode=post&f=5&sid=e71b4c12f279feefd4bf930ed812d59e#
https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/6368822

osu! version: 20160821.1 (latest)
Bara-
What exactly is the issue? You made a 120pp play, then you got a better score and got 141pp for it. I'd call that an improvement, not a loss of pp
Starrodkirby86
I think he's saying that, despite beating his previous record and also earning a higher PP score, his total PP supposedly went down instead of up.

You're absolutely sure that your PP value went down overall?
Sandy Hoey

Starrodkirby86 wrote:

I think he's saying that, despite beating his previous record and also earning a higher PP score, his total PP supposedly went down instead of up.

Or was it your rank that went down, which is more probable
Topic Starter
FZN_Sasuke

Starrodkirby86 wrote:

Yep you're correct, I had 3146pp then it wentdown to 3145pp. Its not a major loss in the slightest but I just don't know why my overall pp went down at all
Rumberkren
probably because of the weight
Starrodkirby86
For something that small, I wouldn't be surprised that there's something related to rounding and your PP didn't budge much at all, since the display for total PP given with osu! is rounded while internally it may be a value with decimals.

I'm sure your next big PP play isn't going to wreck your score at least. :P
Topic Starter
FZN_Sasuke
Yeh you guys are probably right, it just sucked because I get like 1 decent play a month lol.
And I was so close to passing my friend in pp lol
Anyway thanks guys for helping trying to figure this out for me. :D
RK_05
same with me, i just lost 4 pp outta nowhere