forum

BobGmbH - BEST OF IMPOSSIBLE REMIX

posted
Total Posts
show more
Tarrasky
Pretty good song and map but just this circle isn't follow the main piano 02:09:110 (7) -

edit: yukiyo have finded this xd
Yukiyo
Gratz

but,
02:09:110 (7) - Is there even a relevant sound you are mapping to be map. You map the piano right? There is no piano sound here, none of the melody or am I stupid? Even in the original video of BHG Music there is no melody sound there ;_;
This really threw me off while playing ... thrice. It just doesn't make any sense to me. At least explain please.
Topic Starter
sahuang

Zero__wind wrote:

这个人怎么用了我的主菜单背景图作bg
这上面是miku诶>.<
S酱给的BG qwq

Yukiyo wrote:

Gratz
but,
02:09:110 (7) - Is there even a relevant sound you are mapping to be map. You map the piano right? There is no piano sound here, none of the melody or am I stupid? Even in the original video of BHG Music there is no melody sound there ;_;
This really threw me off while playing ... thrice. It just doesn't make any sense to me. At least explain please.
Thanks for your concern, actually i clearly heard a beat 02:09:110 (7) - ...it is same as the music for sliderends on 02:08:154 (3,4,5) - etc. It is not main piano music like 02:08:973 (6) - . Actually same sound occurs on 02:09:246 - and 02:09:382 - ,but it will be too hard for DT if i put note on every 1/2,so i just use 2 circles here. I also want to keep consistency with 02:05:700 (6,7) - 02:12:246 (3,4) - so yeah... It doesn't seem to be an overmap here imo xd

Edit: 220BPM part is a pain to DT... At first I used notes on every 1/2 cuz there are sounds there, but after test played I decided to reduce difficulty level so here it is. I hope it still plays nice now :)
Pata-Mon
太可怕了
Bonsai
Adding Klaus Badelt to the tags for Pirates of the Carribean but not John Williams for Star Wars? *starts a war about favourite film score composers* (ง ͠° ͟ل͜ ͡°)ง

On a more serious note, I too find the note at 02:09:110 (7) to be out of place - ofc it's technically not an overmap since there are constant 1/6-notes in the background, but that's the point: They play constantly and you leave them unmapped all the time in order to focus on the more dominant layers - Stuff like 02:04:882 (3,4,5) doesn't really feel like you're mapping them because it's simply emphasizing the more dominant notes on the sliderheads more, but it doesn't really bring attention to those background-notes at all.
Your argument about keeping it consistent with 02:05:837 (7) and 02:12:382 (4) etc is faulted because the song itself isn't consistent in that way, there are strong melody-notes on these notes but there is none at 02:09:110 (7) - You are enforcing consistency onto a part of the song that is inconsistent itself. As someone who knows the original song, as most people probably do, I don't pay much attention to reading the map here because I know that even in the original song there is no strong note at that place, hence I don't expect it to be mapped either - You putting it under a stack makes this even more of an issue as it's easily being overlooked.

Another point: 01:58:609 (2,3,4,5,2,3,4,5,2) - Are you aware that all of these sliders are basically off-beat? The notes on the slidertails are all stronger than the ones on the heads, because at this point the song is still built like a 2/4-song with 1/3-snaps - To visualize what I mean, try changing the timing section to 146,666bpm and 2/4-signature, that's how the beat priorization should be. You even emphasized those slidertails with your hitsounding, so it seems like you felt those to be stronger too, but the slider-placement is going against that completely. The single sliders aren't that much of an issue bc they represent the pairs of notes kinda well, but at 01:59:427 (4,5) and 02:01:063 (4,5) it just feels completely wrong as it's representing a triplet of notes with an additional note before it as two pairs.. I hope you get what I mean, but if not, just emphasize the beats like you did with your hitsounding ^^

Yet some more points: I strongly lack differentiation at 02:04:882 (3,4,5) - 02:08:155 (3,4,5) - 02:15:518 (1,2,3) -, the last one of those three sliders always has an additional strong melody-note on its tail, as opposed to the previous two sliders which only have strong notes on their heads, but this isn't represented in the map at all. (At the first combo it's even a bit worse since there's also the layer of the piano which only plays the fundamental notes of the harmonies which plays at 02:03:246 and 02:04:064 and both at 02:04:882 and 02:05:155 but not at 02:05:427 if you listen closely, but that's just a sidenote)

Also it took me several runs to realize that there actually are hitsounds on notes like 02:37:882 (6) because those are barely audible, they sound like what would usually be a slidertick to me and I don't think they provide sufficient feedback for the player when they are surrounded by much noisier hitsounds overshadowing this quiet one, but I'm more sensitive about that than other people so idk, would be nice to hear some more opinions on that though.
Topic Starter
sahuang

Bonsai wrote:

Adding Klaus Badelt to the tags for Pirates of the Carribean but not John Williams for Star Wars? *starts a war about favourite film score composers* (ง ͠° ͟ل͜ ͡°)ง
Tags are all from track list that the composer provided, but i can add Klaus Badelt tho

On a more serious note, I too find the note at 02:09:110 (7) to be out of place - ofc it's technically not an overmap since there are constant 1/6-notes in the background, but that's the point: They play constantly and you leave them unmapped all the time in order to focus on the more dominant layers - Stuff like 02:04:882 (3,4,5) doesn't really feel like you're mapping them because it's simply emphasizing the more dominant notes on the sliderheads more, but it doesn't really bring attention to those background-notes at all.
Your argument about keeping it consistent with 02:05:837 (7) and 02:12:382 (4) etc is faulted because the song itself isn't consistent in that way, there are strong melody-notes on these notes but there is none at 02:09:110 (7) - You are enforcing consistency onto a part of the song that is inconsistent itself. As someone who knows the original song, as most people probably do, I don't pay much attention to reading the map here because I know that even in the original song there is no strong note at that place, hence I don't expect it to be mapped either - You putting it under a stack makes this even more of an issue as it's easily being overlooked.
ok all fixed

Another point: 01:58:609 (2,3,4,5,2,3,4,5,2) - Are you aware that all of these sliders are basically off-beat? The notes on the slidertails are all stronger than the ones on the heads, because at this point the song is still built like a 2/4-song with 1/3-snaps - To visualize what I mean, try changing the timing section to 146,666bpm and 2/4-signature, that's how the beat priorization should be. You even emphasized those slidertails with your hitsounding, so it seems like you felt those to be stronger too, but the slider-placement is going against that completely. The single sliders aren't that much of an issue bc they represent the pairs of notes kinda well, but at 01:59:427 (4,5) and 02:01:063 (4,5) it just feels completely wrong as it's representing a triplet of notes with an additional note before it as two pairs.. I hope you get what I mean, but if not, just emphasize the beats like you did with your hitsounding ^^
no,i did this intentionally,sliers dont necessarily have to be downbeat on head and soft beat on end, i feel like it plays really fun with a lot of sliders like these here,if i apply all downbeat on sliderhead or use circles, it will be very hard to map the rhythm here. At least it will be much harder. The sliders are fun and good here to process to the kiai.

Yet some more points: I strongly lack differentiation at 02:04:882 (3,4,5) - 02:08:155 (3,4,5) - 02:15:518 (1,2,3) -, the last one of those three sliders always has an additional strong melody-note on its tail, as opposed to the previous two sliders which only have strong notes on their heads, but this isn't represented in the map at all. (At the first combo it's even a bit worse since there's also the layer of the piano which only plays the fundamental notes of the harmonies which plays at 02:03:246 and 02:04:064 and both at 02:04:882 and 02:05:155 but not at 02:05:427 if you listen closely, but that's just a sidenote)
The kiai i remapped...02:15:518 (1,2,3) - i want to keep due to the nice shape it brings. the triangle is good imo, it also follows rhythm.Wanna keep emphasis on overall structure here.

Also it took me several runs to realize that there actually are hitsounds on notes like 02:37:882 (6) because those are barely audible, they sound like what would usually be a slidertick to me and I don't think they provide sufficient feedback for the player when they are surrounded by much noisier hitsounds overshadowing this quiet one, but I'm more sensitive about that than other people so idk, would be nice to hear some more opinions on that though.
did sth here,thx
Thx for mod,hope i explained clearly.
Okoratu
ok as requested
Topic Starter
sahuang
Thx Bonsai & Okorin, updated with the revised version.
Any more suggestions feel free to post xd
Strategas
things got settled so we're back to #1
Ascendance
Heaven of Miracles is a bit of an odd diff name (What's the connotation of it? Also Heaven of Miracles is a bit odd in english). Maybe you could try doing something different? "Land of Miracles" sounds a bit better, but that's just one suggestion. Awesome map btw <3
Topic Starter
sahuang

Ascendance wrote:

Heaven of Miracles is a bit of an odd diff name (What's the connotation of it? Also Heaven of Miracles is a bit odd in english). Maybe you could try doing something different? "Land of Miracles" sounds a bit better, but that's just one suggestion. Awesome map btw <3
Wee actually I'd like to include Heaven in diff name cuz that's my first feeling of this song. The remix of those piano music feels like this. And I think tho it might be a bit strange in English it's still understandable...

Land is a bit...common and not divine?(how to describe in English lol) I really like current diff name it creates such atmosphere xd

Hope the reason is fine cuz I find it hard to explain :o
Iceskulls
hope everything's fine now
Kencho
Discussed with the mapper about change tag "of" and fix unused timing line on 02:22:882.

Everything looks good!

Reapproved!
Akitoshi
nice one
gratz!
sunyiwei
谁能告诉我,2:35处的音乐名字QAQ :cry:
Topic Starter
sahuang

sunyiwei wrote:

谁能告诉我,2:35处的音乐名字QAQ :cry:
哎,我也不是很清楚啊xd
建议看下track list或者截一下那边音乐发论坛之类的地方问下?
sunyiwei
OMG 这个怎么回复啊0.0 还有,你是chinese?为什么是澳大利亚的旗子 :o 还有什么是track list论坛又在哪里,你是指的这个网站的论坛还是其他网站的XD,啥都不懂,今天才下osu!
Topic Starter
sahuang

sunyiwei wrote:

OMG 这个怎么回复啊0.0 还有,你是chinese?为什么是澳大利亚的旗子 :o 还有什么是track list论坛又在哪里,你是指的这个网站的论坛还是其他网站的XD,啥都不懂,今天才下osu!
是啊。。只是在澳洲长居而已,track list在主页面的描述部分 https://osu.ppy.sh/s/522872 下面的框框里,点开就有了。
这游戏刚下的话建议去看教程,tutorial,可以去osu百度贴吧或者去国外的论坛。
sunyiwei
(⊙o⊙)哦 好方便啊。 一语点醒梦中人,谢谢谢谢,thank you~ :)
Hetia
good