forum

flexible skinning

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
devkit4384
Its kind of boring to create a theme were all you can do is replace a sprites and hope it looks nice.

What do i purpose?

The ability to change:
the position & sound of each individual sprite
how sprites react to the player

also the ability to add sprites that originally wasn't in osu!
(meaning a animation in the menu and/or ranking screen)
LuigiHann
:o

I don't see how this would be done, or why it would be necessary. I think it's just as easy for peppy to add features on a per-request basis, rather than rewrite the whole skinning engine. :?
awp

devkit4384 wrote:

Its kind of boring to create a theme were all you can do is replace a sprites and hope it looks nice.

What do i purpose?

The ability to change:
the position & sound of each individual sprite
how sprites react to the player

also the ability to add sprites that originally wasn't in osu!
(meaning a animation in the menu and/or ranking screen)
Being able to add things in would be neat; as it is if I wanted to have a little person standing in the corner of the song select screen I'd have to do something either extremely clever or something more universal. As for position and sound, well, you can always be creative there. The dimensions of skinned objects is a general recommendation - nothing's stopping you from putting the lifebar on the bottom of the screen other than your own creativity. It can go there~
LuigiHann
btw did you know you can animate the back button now?

Topic Starter
devkit4384
i just recently played stepmania and it would be cool if osu skinning was like that.

Topic Starter
devkit4384

LuigiHann wrote:

btw did you know you can animate the back button now?
no i didn't :o
Saturos
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Topic Starter
devkit4384
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Topic Starter
devkit4384
also i forgot to mention the ability to change the motion of a sprite meaning, how the menu scrolls and/or how you receive your rank.
peppy
all you say can be done, but with only 2 or 3 people making skins, it is easier to do what luigi said and add these features on-request. If you want a positionable score, I am happy to provide the option to move it to another corner.
Topic Starter
devkit4384

peppy wrote:

all you say can be done, but with only 2 or 3 people making skins, it is easier to do what luigi said and add these features on-request. If you want a positionable score, I am happy to provide the option to move it to another corner.
great