forum

[invalid] Easier Categorization

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
FakeCJ
This won't be a super long thread regarding this, because I feel like this has probably been requested before, and I don't have a mass amount of time on me to write an essay on this topic, so here's some quick ideas.

-Song search bar: make an easier way to find songs for those who have hundreds of beatmaps, by adding a search bar by the songs to be able to search for a song in your current beatmaps

-Categorization settings: make a way to find recent, most played, highest scorer, or even songs you need to improve on by having a categorization bar to give players an easy way to show their most played, and best beatmaps, by adding a way to sort their songs through different categories

-More starting beatmaps: while there are a mass variety of beatmaps to download, for the new players who don't particularly know what they're doing might only get the feeling of only having the default beatmaps, and get bored of them quickly, or in general just want more variety and starting maps, to get them used to the game and off on the right foot.

These features have probably been requested but I cba to look through tons of pages, so I thought I'd bring up my ideas and opinions. While this is all great, you could even make this an osu supporter only access, so it puts more towards you support and membership to the game.

While these ideas are great, they could be tweaked and edited to be better, but this could be an easier way to let players get around the beatmap menu and such. Anyways thanks for reading, ik it wasn't an essay or anything to show everything this could bring to the game, but it gets the general point across. Well, pce. -CJ
Starrodkirby86

FakeCJ wrote:

-Song search bar: make an easier way to find songs for those who have hundreds of beatmaps, by adding a search bar by the songs to be able to search for a song in your current beatmaps
What's wrong with the existing song selection's search bar?

Wouldn't one be able to just type in a bit of the song and get to the map they want?

FakeCJ wrote:

-Categorization settings: make a way to find recent, most played, highest scorer, or even songs you need to improve on by having a categorization bar to give players an easy way to show their most played, and best beatmaps, by adding a way to sort their songs through different categories
At the least, you can already group by Most Recently Played. For songs that you want to improve on personally, you can always add it to a Collection, like, "Songs I want to FC" or something to that degree. There is also arranging it by Rank Achieved, though that doesn't necessarily show as much of an amazing effect. :P

Flyte has been working hard into creating a new song selection screen and other items, so perhaps osu!next can satiate some searchability things. :)
Seijiro
The "more starting beatmaps" is not something that can be added out of the blue. The maps you currently have as starting maps are the winners of the past Mapping Contests, which means you have to wait for more contests to happen to have those.

The rest has been explained above so the whole thread is kinda invalid. Either explore a bit more the options you have or wait for osu!next :p