Topic Starter
crash ex
dicussing mother games
Noobita
but im not a mother
Verdisphena
u mad
Pokebis
My mom likes games like Bejeweled and Zuma.
hinamizawan
Thought this thread was about MOTHER :/
Neo@lex
My mother likes the Oddworld games and those arcade-style on-rails shooters.
Ph0X
Mara
I like CO-OP.
Topic Starter
crash ex
this is about the mother games aka earthbound :lol:
Mara
What is Earthbound?

...I like CO-OP.
Rantai
Pk-fire!

Am I doing it right?
NoHitter
I think it would be better to change your title to "Mother Series"
FWIW, there's a thread about Mother 3, but it's old.

Played all three, didn't finish any of them. I did enjoy Mother 3 more than EarthBound though. The storyline was definitely more deep than EarthBound.

Also:

Rantai wrote:

PSI-Fire!
Fixed
awp
I have never played any of the Cooking Mama games. I don't even know what they're like, tbh
Randy96
I recommend Babysitting mama for mothers
mathexpert
mother 3 is a epic game, its a shame it STILL doesn't have a official english translation. Seriously, one of the best storys EVER in any video game. also, music is very good and is very funny.
also: its earthbound (mother in japan), not literally "mother" games.XD
Pokebis
It's okay, I doubt an "official" translation could top the current one.
awp
I thought they weren't translating Mother 3 because Lucas gets his psychic powers by being raped by a transvestite

and Nintendo didn't want to get behind that in North America
Pokebis
Actually I believe the main issue was music licensing and key members of the Japanese team would not stand for the music to be changed at all. If they brought it to NA I'm sure they'd weasel things with censorstuffs.
mathexpert

Pokebis wrote:

It's okay, I doubt an "official" translation could top the current one.
still, it would be really good and could expose many more people to earthbound. So many people nowadays only know about earthbound because of ssbb.
Hyguys
So many people nowadays only know about earthbound because of ssbb.
I am here
Pokebis
Yeah, and more people need to learn about Sonic the Hedgehog, they only know him from SSBB.
ThunderTopaz
The Earthbound series is Awesome! :)
and still to this day, The Wes Dance from EarthBound3 is still stuck in my head. haha
ddrXero64
lol at the progress of this thread on the first page XD

I will admit I knew nothing about earthbound until SSBM/SSBB, but to be honest I know a lot of people with that one game they just never played. For me I never got to play a zelda game when I was younger, and to this day I've never actually played through any entire zelda game. People go WHAT? when they hear me say that, but I've met people who've never played a single mortal kombat game. There are so many popular game series out there, so there is bound to be one that someone just never played. For me that's Zelda, and of course Earthbound.
Topic Starter
crash ex
i heard the only reason the earthbound remake for wii is delayed/ cancelled is because of the enemys and music
Quaraezha
Farmville and other Zynga Facebook Applications :|
Pizzicato

Quaraezha wrote:

Farmville and other Zynga Facebook Applications :|
Vext_old
Topic Starter
crash ex

Pokebis wrote:

Yeah, and more people need to learn about Sonic the Hedgehog, they only know him from SSBB.
yet all my friends know him and thats just odd cuz everyone knows him
Quaraezha
bump.

mathexpert

crash ex wrote:

Pokebis wrote:

yet all my friends know him and thats just odd cuz everyone knows him
I think pokebis is being sarcastic? Dunno because everybody knows mario & sonic and practically no one knows who lucas and ness are.
thefran_old

awp wrote:

I thought they weren't translating Mother 3 because Lucas gets his psychic powers by being raped by a transvestite
I thought they weren't translating that because Earthbound hadn't sold at all due to poor marketing.

Also because Nintendo of America are dicks. Recall that JRPG on wii drama of late?

- Hello Nintendo of America, we are your loyal fans, we want those games* and we already preordered them. Localization plox?
- Hello loyal fans. AHAHAHAHAHA. No. That will literally never happen because we just don't bloody feel like it. Thank you. Continue being our fans.

This thread makes an excellent argument in favor of a rule requiring the thread starter to post something, anything at all, about the topic which they propose to discuss. Start the discussion with an opinion, or at least a brief description of the topic. Geez.

Locking this because of how annoying this non-discussion is. If somebody wants to start an actual thread on the Mother series, by all means, do so, but please start the thread with some actual content.