forum

Proper audio sync feature [invalid]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
Pallero_old
As an IIDX and In The Groove player (well i play every rhythm game series, but those 2 mainly) i am pretty nitpicky about the game being in correct sync. While osu! has fairly large "300 point" window, it still has to be in correct sync to prevent those "100 point" hits.
I cannot see how the current sync works, or even should work. I think i remember some early version had a feature where you hit the sync yourself while listening some short song, and it worked.
Could you bring that back, since the current sync does not take account of possible offsync between the Controller and the game, nor does work at all at least for me.
You know the "Autosync Machine" from in the groove? Where you hit F6 in the song and it syncs the game by the early / late hits you make.
THAT is what is needed.
thanks
Jarby
Er, try the offset wizard? The only reason timing would be off is either because your own universal offset is wrong or the ranked map itself has an incorrect offset (or incorrect BPM, but that is very rare these days and usually handled quickly). You can change an individual map's offset in increments of 5ms by pressing + or - while playing.

Anyway, I don't completely understand the nature of the request. Can't you achieve similar results with the above options?
James2250
Yeah it seems you are just asking for the offset wizard which already exists

Go to options - audio - run offset wizard and adjust your universal offset as needed until everything seems in sync
Topic Starter
Pallero_old

James2250 wrote:

Go to options - audio - run offset wizard a
That is the thing with the problem, even if i adjust the thing according to the instructions, so that the tick is in sync with the background song, it still is out of sync while playing, since this wizard does not consider possible offsync between your the controller and the game. which can cause non-300 point hits.

It is possible to fix this with current wizard, but it requires going through Sync-Wizard-Options-Menu-Start Game-test sync-quit song-menu-Options-Wizard-Sync again-Menu-Start game-Test sync-Quit song-Menu-Options-Wizard... many times. DDR games have the test option right in the sync wizard to test it without that path, at least that could be helpful.
mm201
Nothing can fix that. If you sync to your controller, hitsounds will be late. There is no way around this unless you can provide osu! some way to see into the future.

If you don't care about hitsound sync, you can set their volume to 0 and adjust your UO to match your controller's lag.