forum

Unofficial Community Mapping Competition! (pokemon genre)

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Laxxer
Hello, it's me Whirl!

This is an unofficial community mapping competition held on the 10th of every month, where you map to a selected song from a genre.

In this competition you will have a TIMED .osz, your job is to make a mapset as good of quality you can!

This months Genre + Song

This months genre is: Pokemon!

The song you will be mapping from this genre is Pokemart (MIDI version

Take a listen

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N7IquoZAuj0

Interested? Good.

How to register + rules

to register into this competition pm Whirl in game or forum pm WITH your .osz of the song.
I will decide wether or not the map is good of quality enough to go to the judging panels. I will reply with Better luck next timeif i've decided it wasn't good enough, or I will reply with your in! if I decide it is good enough.

Wanna know if your map is good enough? Make sure it follows the ranking criteria + make sure it has good structure and flow

Mappers are NOT allowed to upload their map BSS, or influence other users to vote for their map

Make sure your mapset has the following diffs:

Easy

Normal

Hard

You may make a custom hitsounds and BG, no storyboards / videos please

you are not allowed to do colabs / get help from another mapper, this is your own skill.

PRIZES / VOTING

I will make a separate forum post that has the list of all the passed mapsets, it will be an anonymous, meaning the mappers names won't be announced until the voting is done.

The prize will be the following:

-the good feeling you won

- one of your diffs will be counted as a GD for my own mapset going for ranked!

-your username in big, bold letters on my profile

-being able to access the song before everyone else does in our next month mapping competition

-Bragging rights

this competition is meant for fun there aren't any big prizes, you aren't getting 10 months of supporter or anything...

All supplies you need for mapping

.osz https://puu.sh/rCjez/4ccfb9338e.osz

if I made any mistake or have any issues please contact me immediately, also if I got offset wrong that would be good if I could get help also :P

DEADLINE FOR ALL MAPS IS AUGUST 20TH!!!
MikasaSerket
you spelled "an" wrong

dude
Topic Starter
Laxxer

MikasaSerket wrote:

you spelled "an" wrong

dude

:/
HappyRocket88
Hellow. :3

Is it there any information regarding the judge panel? Like what's the platform the votes are going to take place and stuff. o:
I will decide whether or not the map is good of quality enough to go to the judging panels.
What do you mean with "good of quality enough"? Is there any based criteria mappers can base on their creations? Like creativity, playability, relevance...

Aside from it, good luck! :3
Topic Starter
Laxxer

HappyRocket88 wrote:

Hellow. :3

Is it there any information regarding the judge panel? Like what's the platform the votes are going to take place and stuff. o:
I will decide whether or not the map is good of quality enough to go to the judging panels.
What do you mean with "good of quality enough"? Is there any based criteria mappers can base on their creations? Like creativity, playability, relevance...

Aside from it, good luck! :3

hey there

for the judge panel, there will be a forum post in beatmap projects seperate from this, it will have the list of the qualifying maps that pass the quality test (done by me and a helper) and players + mappers can vote for a map they like.

what I think of a map being good enough quality is that the map follows these criteria:

1. it follows ranking criteria

2. there isn't more than 3 very noticeable timing mistakes (like spamming 1/4 when there isn't any at all)

3. the map doesn't look bad to a certain point

4. all the diffs can be played comfortable

so to sum it up, as long as you know how to map decently then you have a very good change at getting in o2o o3o
Ikaros

Whirl wrote:

or I will reply with your in! if I decide it is good enough
"your in"

nice meme
Topic Starter
Laxxer

Ikaros wrote:

Whirl wrote:

or I will reply with your in! if I decide it is good enough
"your in"

nice meme