forum

Save keyboard/mouse info to replays [added]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
phyire
Couldnt find another place to post this.

But you know what would be cool? being able to see whether a player used the mouse or keyboard when viewing/downloading his replay

:D it wouldn't add much to filesize, probably about 8 bits, if its coded like 0 = mouse and 1 = keyboard.

Just saying... hope I see it :D ty 4 reading.
James2250
(Moved to feature requests)
Topic Starter
phyire
Im sorry :(
Kitsunemimi
How would you be able to see this? In the replay summary screen? Is it per click (person pressed z/x or mouse buttons)? Although it would be useful if we're wondering how the person played, I think this method is kinda... bleh ._. (actually I'm feeling really bleh atm)

Instead, you might want something like this: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=43604
Topic Starter
phyire
yeah in the summary after you watched the replay.

please read this while ur not feeling so bleh XD
Kitsunemimi

phyire wrote:

yeah in the summary after you watched the replay.

please read this while ur not feeling so bleh XD
If they used both keyboard and mouse/tablet, then what would it put?

How would it be able to tell if the user's using a tablet or a mouse?
Topic Starter
phyire
Like if the user is using buttons Z or X on the keyboard or Mouse button 1, you can record it and when the user completes the map save it the local/online replay.

if(user.getKeyPressed() .equals ("Z") || user.getKeyPressed() .equals ("X"))
{
replay.osr.append("Z or X");
}
else if(mouse.getLeftButtonPressed() == true)
{
replay.osr.append("MB1");
}

or somthing like this should happen when the player starts playing a map, and when completed, saves the info. Whereafter we(other players) can view his playstyle after we watched his online/local replay.

The above code would be activated every press of a button, or mouse button. So if the player used both, both information would be saved and we will see he used both.

if I'm not mistaken, Tablets/pocketPC's and Ipads use a similar function for mouse button left and mouse button right
Shohei Ohtani
Yeah your avatar's ass is showing. Fix that.

Also, there might be something else added to tell if people use mouse or keyboard, so if you really want to know, you can just look on there >w<~.
mm201
This reminds me of the (golden) wheel in Mario Kart Wii. Sounds simple enough anyway.

PS. I retitled your thread.
TKiller
Looks kinda pointless.
xsrsbsns
How about something like taiko replays?

Like two mini keyboard buttons (z/x or the actual key) and a mouse (L and R clicks) is shown somewhere on the screen during a replay, and whenever a key is pressed/mouse button is clicked/held, the corresponding button lights up.