forum

#filipino chat op/sectional moderator [Denied]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +56
show more
Derekku
Please don't go off-topic. xpp

Anyway, we're really not looking to add new chat ops at the moment. Many channels want one, but people don't realize that having a moderator won't magically stop spam/bad behavior. A moderator can't be around 24/7 anyway, and thus the only advantage/pro is that the mod fluently speaks the language. If more people would properly use the !report command and let us know of repeat offenders, then we would be able to easily deal with them.
Topic Starter
dkun
:cry:

Derekku wrote:

Many channels want one, but people don't realize that having a moderator won't magically stop spam/bad behavior.
Many channels want one, but out of those requests, which one has the most reasoning behind it? Which one has the most support from the language it's based on? I know it won't magically stop spam/bad behavior, but it'll certainly work against it in better ways (as the natives know that no one in the channel speaks it fluently, as currently, the person closest to that is ztrot, but he's a novice at it).

Derekku wrote:

A moderator can't be around 24/7 anyway, and thus the only advantage/pro is that the mod fluently speaks the language.
A mod can't be around 24/7, sure, but #filipino's peak times is static since it's summer vacation at the moment there.

Derekku wrote:

If more people would properly use the !report command and let us know of repeat offenders, then we would be able to easily deal with them.
The entire purpose of the thread was to nullify !report and to have someone that knows the language in general in the channel as an active presence.
I've been having to go to ztrot and having to personally translate parts of logs that he doesn't understand for offenders, since whenever I call an op in using !report, the op won't just act upon what I/we say, but it has to be broken down into the reporter taking the log, translating the entire log, and sending it back, which takes several minutes to do.
Galkan

Derekku wrote:

Please don't go off-topic. xpp

Anyway, we're really not looking to add new chat ops at the moment. Many channels want one, but people don't realize that having a moderator won't magically stop spam/bad behavior. A moderator can't be around 24/7 anyway, and thus the only advantage/pro is that the mod fluently speaks the language. If more people would properly use the !report command and let us know of repeat offenders, then we would be able to easily deal with them.
Isn't !report a last-chance method?
Yes, moderator can't be for 24/7 but if they would be online for most time of the day (or at least being active at all) - it helped a lot (not full stop for retards, but still fast and effective barrier).
As I said before - it's a lot easier to deal with idiots by ourselves than to call foreign op and translating bunch of text (or sometimes wait endlessly for an answer)
jockeytiyan

Derekku wrote:

If more people would properly use the !report command and let us know of repeat offenders, then we would be able to easily deal with them.
I really can't say that much but the problem is that most of the time, we just end up bugging OPs (and you should know because I do this to you...) instead of waiting for a response to our !report where it always ends up getting ignored.

Correct me if I said anything wrong, pls.
dvorak_old
Okay, just remind.

・ channels are not for specific person or group (no exception for who have op), the invader is actual spammer?

・ There is /ignore username command for osu client now. You can use both !report and /ignore for. works well?
Topic Starter
dkun

dvorak wrote:

Okay, just remind.

・ channels are not for specific person or group (no exception for who have op), the invader is actual spammer?

・ There is /ignore username command for osu client now. You can use both !report and /ignore for. works well?
I don't understand your first point.

I know there is an ignore command, I've played this game for quite some time as well, you know. But that's not the point I'm trying the emphasize with this.
Lilac
I believe dvorak was trying to say that language specific channels aren't just for the channel's native language as the room name suggests and that anyone is able to access it, regardless of where you live or what you speak. But I don't know...

...I do see that #filipino is getting larger and larger, no doubt. In terms of it needing a mod...Well, it depends on how previous foreign OP attempts have been. If this topic has any sense whatsoever, it seems that previous OP enforcement have probably been less than 50% successful. However, I don't have the full picture as of yet.

IOW, there definitely will be an OP in the future for #filipino, no debate there. It's just a matter of when and the circumstances of how one is going to be brought up.
Claudia_old
Yeah, on the !report thing, last time I used it, it was completely ignored. And it was in #osu, on a busy day. There honestly COULD NOT HAVE BEEN a single op paying attention.

If #osu is ignored, then how will the smaller [but growing] channels such as #filipino fair?

DKUN FOR OP. Or at least, somebody.
jockeytiyan

Lilac wrote:

I believe dvorak was trying to say that language specific channels aren't just for the channel's native language as the room name suggests and that anyone is able to access it, regardless of where you live or what you speak. But I don't know...
Actually, we have non-natives over the channel like Danzai, Sander, Kyonko, and others. So I guess, argument out.

Lilac wrote:

...I do see that #filipino is getting larger and larger, no doubt. In terms of it needing a mod...Well, it depends on how previous foreign OP attempts have been. If this topic has any sense whatsoever, it seems that previous OP enforcement have probably been less than 50% successful. However, I don't have the full picture as of yet.
So it all boils down to mod activity? o.o
I might've misunderstood. I'm not that proficient in English as others. ><

Lilac wrote:

IOW, there definitely will be an OP in the future for #filipino, no debate there. It's just a matter of when and the circumstances of how one is going to be brought up.
No doubt about this but the problem is when... It's pretty hard to manage a very active channel (at specific times) where we always get flooded with messages every now and then. On top of that, spammers and trolls crash in at times.

EDIT: If we can't be given an OP, at least give us a forum mod. But it would be good to still get both. ><
Mara
#filipino needs OP because I am there.

I'd like to vote, but I don't have any votes left at the moment.
Zekira
@jockey: The chat is much, much more populated than the forum at the moment

jockeytiyan

LunaticMara wrote:

#filipino needs OP because I am there.

^ omg this

@Zekira: Actually, we have more lurkers in the forums than in the channel.
Zekira
...because lurkers totally contribute to activity. How could I forget... [/sarcasm]
jockeytiyan

Zekira wrote:

...because lurkers totally contribute to activity. How could I forget... [/sarcasm]

Zekira wrote:

@jockey: The chat is much, much more populated than the forum at the moment
Nope, nothing about activity mentioned here. :D
Zekira
By 'populated' I meant the amount of text, not the users. (i probably should have clarified it first :/)
Topic Starter
dkun
So #russian and #italian have gained ops recently. (on top of the number of ops they already have)

No love for us?
Sander-Don
yeah D<
Claudia_old
I'd whip out my priority stars, but like everybody else and their mother, I got none. QQ.
Sander-Don

E-Hooker wrote:

I'd whip out my priority stars, but like everybody else and their mother, I got none. QQ.
Derekku
Disregard my last statement. We (the osu! team) are looking for more chat ops, but so far the suggested choices for #filipino haven't been agreed upon. :?
Topic Starter
dkun

Derekku wrote:

Disregard my last statement. We (the osu! team) are looking for more chat ops, but so far the suggested choices for #filipino haven't been agreed upon. :?
Then I'll ask the #filipino community myself VIA forum. Would this be acceptable to you?
Derekku
That would be fine, yes.
Topic Starter
dkun
I just posted a nominations thread on the section.
I'll keep up with the progress of it with this thread as well.
Sander-Don
dkun, i speak filipino, musta, see SEE?
Topic Starter
dkun
Thread is located here

Results are as following:

SPOILER
Tally up!

LunaticMara - dkun
Mint Bunny - dkun/jockeytiyan
Alkaeid - jockeytiyan/dkun
Sander-Don - dkun
MDuh - dkun/NoHItter
blacksymbian - dkun
Chacha17 - dkun/NoHItter
Konaruhi - dkun/jockeytiyan (?)
Genkishi - dkun
Resare - dkun
BakaloidSky - dkun
Raider24 - dkun/jockeytiyan
doll_in_mind - dkun
James - dkun

dkun - 13
NoHItter - 2
jockeytiyan - 2

Salamat sa nag voto dito~
Faust
dkun fullstop
Zekira
I think the votes here are pretty clear...
Topic Starter
dkun
According to the channel itself, people have stopped voting due to the unanimous vote count as it is.
Pizzicato
new people popping out everyday lol
jockeytiyan
Dude, it's already decided. :D
Topic Starter
dkun
Sinabi ko na ito magyayare.

Well, naglaban din tayo, hindi ba?
:?
jockeytiyan
We'd better wait for the final decision. I hope this turns out how we all expected. :D
Topic Starter
dkun
As I understand, the staff has taken a step towards the "no report, no op" direction. Over the last few days, I've sent a few reports out in crucial times where the channel was being hectic, and I've only seen Rokodo come in and respond to my calls (which is slim enough, due to timezones).

This defaults back to jockeytiyan's initial argument with "When we use !report, no one comes!", which is why we don't use report in the first place, but go to ops personally, as I stated in my previous argument as well.

Well, that's all I have to say.
Claudia_old
even if you !report in #osu at a busy time, nobody comes

LOL.
Derekku
fwiw, !silence and !kill actions are only shown in #bat, so even if it looks like a mod hasn't come to the channel to take action, most of the time they have.
Topic Starter
dkun
I've never been approached by a moderator for a translated log, except for Rokodo, of course.

+ when I do report, the person I point the report at still continues. This is midnight-early morning for Americans, by the way.
Claudia_old
Yeah, but generally an op gives a warning to whoever's horsing around before they silence. I've literally watched crap go on for 20-30 minutes and not a single op is even chatting/paying attention by the looks of it because the people are still going on and on.

I digress. dkun for #filipino!
Zelos

E-Hooker wrote:

Yeah, but generally an op gives a warning to whoever's horsing around before they silence. I've literally watched crap go on for 20-30 minutes and not a single op is even chatting/paying attention by the looks of it because the people are still going on and on.

Topic Starter
dkun

E-Hooker wrote:

See, the thing is, we don't even get a warning. We generally don't even get an op to show up to say "what's going on in here".

Thanks for the support, as well.
jockeytiyan

dkun wrote:

E-Hooker wrote:

See, the thing is, we don't even get a warning. We generally don't even get an op to show up to say "what's going on in here".

Damn, someone got hit with this comment. :twisted:
Topic Starter
dkun

jockeytiyan wrote:

dkun wrote:

Parang hindi na tamaan at all.
jockeytiyan

jockeytiyan wrote:

dkun wrote:

Parang hindi na tamaan at all.
Walang paki e. ^^
NoHitter
I doubt that they'll move any faster if you complain.
Just wait for them. You already made your point clear that an OP is needed.
jockeytiyan
They might wanna hurry up. We're getting at least 1 newbie per week in the channel.
Topic Starter
dkun

jockeytiyan wrote:

They might wanna hurry up. We're getting at least 5 newbies per day in the channel.
Krisom

jockeytiyan wrote:

He might wanna hurry up. We're getting at least 1 complaint per hour in the osu!idol thread.
jockeytiyan

Krisom wrote:

jockeytiyan wrote:

He might wanna hurry up. We're getting at least 1 complaint per hour in the osu!idol thread.
trolololol

Anyways, I think dkun's statement is the right one? x_x
Topic Starter
dkun
bump for the sake #filipino
Mara
I'm still spamming in #filipino. Filipinos can't stop me!

HAHAHHAHAHA

Just do it, FFS.
Haseo_old
Derekku
Other moderators and I have already explained why #filipino doesn't need an op. If you want one in the future, then you need to first behave yourselves in the channel, and also use !report when things get out of hand (e.g. outsiders trolling/spamming the channel). Neither of these seem to be happening at the present time, and thus I'm going to deny this request.

Also, please see this thread for more information.