forum

#filipino chat op/sectional moderator [Denied]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +56
Topic Starter
dkun
I (being the community and myself) believe it's come for the time that #filipino needs its own chat op and perhaps a sectional moderator for the forums.
Times are changing, and #filipino is steadily rising in numbers and activity. As activity takes a rise, so has spammers and the need for a steady moderation presence in the channel that's actually active and well in-depth with the #filipino community. If an incident ever comes up (which has been happening quite often recently), we have to translate most of the material for a current chat op to read, which I believe is a hassle for any op in general.

As the thread title says, we'd also like to request a forum moderator to be able to control how the flow of posts go, and to increase activity there, since natives are a bit shy to post anything, since no one has the power to control anything, and if an incident ever does come up, we have to contact and translate the said problem (as noted above with chat).

Now, before you mention James...
He's the same case as #dutch's mrtn. I believe James is busy with his life and doesn't have the time to tender for us with moderation.

Give us a chance before you say no.

Para sa mga Filipino:
Sa tingin ko, kailangan natin ng isang tao na mg mo-moderate sa #filipino at yun sub-forum natin, hindi ba?

Lumalaki na tayo sa mga numero natin, at ng i-increase rin ang mga spammers at ibang bahat na tao na hindi natin gusto, parang yun mga random na German at Chinese pumapasok at akala nila yun channel natin, ay channel nila.

Kailangan natin ng isang moderator, kasi nakaka inis pag ng gamit natin ang !report, at kailangan pa ipa-translate ang log para maka gawa sila ng anong action.

Hindi ba? Pa support na lang ito. :)
Zekira
Tanong lang dito is kung kita nila tayo... lol...
Topic Starter
dkun

Zekira wrote:

Tanong lang dito is kung kita nila tayo... lol...
Magagawa din yan. Kailangan ko lang ang approval ng mga #filipino. :)
Pizzicato
thumbs up
Raider24
hmmm... this might be useful. :)+1 vote here o/

Raider24 likes this.
MDuh
support support!
but then again, no more star to add D:<
Topic Starter
dkun

MDuh wrote:

support support!
sabihin mo na.
kailang ba mag re-reset ang mga stars natin eh. :(
jockeytiyan

dkun wrote:

MDuh wrote:

support support!
sabihin mo na.
kailang ba mag re-reset ang mga stars natin eh. :(
Matagal pa yan. Anyways, I have no stars to offer. :<
thOnz
+1 dkun =)
Vinchie_old
ok as you said.. +1 for you :)
Topic Starter
dkun
astig ang mga pinoys.

:)
blacksymbian
+2 stars alang alang sa Ate Black!!
xFreezingx
I think this is a good step.
Galkan
Have my vote on that.

Side note: I also would like to request the chat op for #polish, same reason as dkun mentioned: sometimes it's too much of explaining and/or translating why someone should get silenced.
Topic Starter
dkun
That's surprising.

Thanks for the support Galkan! :)
Sander-Don
i support this request ;D
arien666
Although I don't have any votes but
I would support this opinion :3

inb4, Filipine MAT for Zekira orz
NoHitter
I support this. (but I have no stars...)
I remember when #filipino was just quiet and only 3-5 people chatted in it, but now it really has expanded.
On a sidenote, I would say, dkun or jockeytiyan should be the mods. (I would also shamelessly nominate myself, but nah)
James
I approve. However. I dont approve the following people:

jockey
nohitter
zekira
kirino_kousaka

I want someone who is strict and is not a troll. Even if he/she is from another country as long as he/she understands and speaks the language. The moderator-to-be should have an avatar as cute as I have. 8-)
jockeytiyan

James wrote:

jockey
nohitter
zekira
kirino_kousaka
I win! \o/
Ephemeral
meh we'll just make ztrot your channel op
dkun can teach him the language
Topic Starter
dkun
/facepalm
NoHitter
Since when have I been a troll :|
ztrot
Sige Ephemeral, pwede ako mag mod ng #filipino, pero gusto ko ng GMT. :P
jockeytiyan

Ephemeral wrote:

meh we'll just make ztrot your channel op
dkun can teach him the language

He barely pays attention to the channel. >_>

I usually highlight Derek since he seems to respond the fastest and it still takes him some time before taking action...
ztrot
Sorry naman jockey, yun tunayng bahay ko ay #modhelp, pero pwede din ako mag moderate sa #filipino! :?
Shiirn

James wrote:

I want someone who is strict and is not a troll.

James wrote:

strict

James wrote:

not a troll.

Ephemeral wrote:

ztrot
Uh, sir
jockeytiyan

Shiirn wrote:

James wrote:

I want someone who is strict and is not a troll.

James wrote:

strict

James wrote:

not a troll.

Ephemeral wrote:

ztrot
Uh, sir
icwudt
RemmyX25
You guys do realize there's a !report function to bring a problem to us, right?
Topic Starter
dkun

RemmyX25 wrote:

You do realize how tedious it is to translate an entire log for a chat op to comprehend the language, right?
RemmyX25

dkun wrote:

RemmyX25 wrote:

You do realize how tedious it is to translate an entire log for a chat op to comprehend the language, right?
That's why you just translate the important parts, and/or try to resolve a problem before it gets ugly?
Topic Starter
dkun

RemmyX25 wrote:

dkun wrote:

That's why you just translate the important parts, and/or try to resolve a problem before it gets ugly?
I've been doing this along with jockey for the god knows how long, and imho, our userbase is large enough to have a separate op, don't you think this?

It's hard to resolve a problem without a prominent figurehead to look above to that understands and comprehend the language. Tagalog is a bit confusing as well, since when we translate, sometimes words don't have a direct translation, and we have to improvise. I mean, I do use report, and I go to a moderator personally first before initiating a report so I don't have to bug the entire #bat channel, but I think it's time for someone of our own.
jockeytiyan

RemmyX25 wrote:

You do realize that nobody ever responded to my countless !reports. Ask dkun or anyone in the channel and they'll agree with me. If you want further proof, I always contact Derek because he responds first.
RemmyX25
I'm usually always hanging around #bat but i've very rarely seen a #filipino report. (maybe once but that was when i was either in class or running out the door)
jockeytiyan

RemmyX25 wrote:

I'm usually always hanging around #bat but i've very rarely seen a #filipino report. (maybe once but that was when i was either in class or running out the door)
I've made a lot of reports but none these past few days. Just saying.

Also, dkun wants to point out the timezone difference. As both of you are in the US and your time is almost the same as his, I could say one thing: Things happen when you guys are offline.
Topic Starter
dkun

jockeytiyan wrote:

RemmyX25 wrote:

I've made a lot of reports but none these past few days. Just saying.

Also, dkun wants to point out the timezone difference. As both of you are in the US and your time is almost than same as his, I could say one thing: Things happen when you guys are offline.
/nocturnal
:)
Erika Sendou_old
Sup!
Kirino Kousaka

James wrote:

jockey
nohitter
zekira
kirino_kousaka

I want someone who is strict and is not a troll. Even if he/she is from another country as long as he/she understands and speaks the language. The moderator-to-be should have an avatar as cute as I have. 8-)
Why Kuya James? Why? [lol drama] is my name there? :o I'm not a subscriber and a strong player like jockey. I'm not a mapping dude or a MAT like NoHItter, And I'm not a strong Taiko dude like Zekira. [correct me if I'm wrong with those] Just a Normal player like the others I won't mention them, they're many.

SPOILER
I'll do everything I can to be the op! [I'm still wondering it is called op] I'll be strict! I'm totally not a Troll![I don't even know what is a troll, I only know the troll.png which looks crazy] I say no to spam! I'll kill spammers and trolls! And I'll try to be cute as you! [the last part sounds idiotic though lol] Oh please! I really want to be a chat moderator!!! I'll do everything! :cry: [that's possible][wag pong pilosopo]
Galkan

RemmyX25 wrote:

You do realize how annoying it is to call someone else very often (especially if they won't give a single damn) while we could fix problem ourselves instantly?
Topic Starter
dkun
astig ninyo lahat eh.

para sa mga pinoys. :)
jockeytiyan
Peace ho!
Pizzicato

dkun wrote:

astig ninyo lahat eh.

jockeytiyan

Pizzicatto wrote:

dkun wrote:

astig ninyo lahat eh.

I think my screen got cracked. Can't resist brofisting. ><
Zekira

NoHItter wrote:

Guess we'll forever be regarded as such now :/
jockeytiyan

Zekira wrote:

NoHItter wrote:

Guess we'll forever be regarded as such now :/
Really, don't mind him. As much as his serious tone is there, you guys are no trolls as far as I'm concerned.
Zekira
Not anymore at least (if there was even any in NH's case since I'm pretty sure I have never seen him like that, ever)
jockeytiyan

Zekira wrote:

Not anymore at least (if there was even any in NH's case since I'm pretty sure I have never seen him like that, ever)
You don't. Period. :V
Sander-Don
when am i gonna have my pooting votes back.
jockeytiyan

Sander-Don wrote:

when am i gonna have my pooting votes back.
^ :<
Derekku
Please don't go off-topic. xpp

Anyway, we're really not looking to add new chat ops at the moment. Many channels want one, but people don't realize that having a moderator won't magically stop spam/bad behavior. A moderator can't be around 24/7 anyway, and thus the only advantage/pro is that the mod fluently speaks the language. If more people would properly use the !report command and let us know of repeat offenders, then we would be able to easily deal with them.
show more