forum

[invalid] Contests for newer/unpopular mappers

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
sakebi
Seeing mapping contests for new or unpopular mappers would be cool. It'd help good mappers get more maps ranked and unpopular mappers to get discovered. I don't really see too many unpopular mappers getting ranked maps. Also, this could lead to a decline in good maps that end up in the graveyard. With the new website having a page for contests, it'd probably be easier to make them too. (I assume it'll have a page for contests)

I know there's a contest going on already, but I guarantee not too many new mappers will win, as a lot of popular mappers have very distinct mapping styles and the styles are really well-liked by most of the community.

These contests would definitely be helpful to mappers like me who really try to get maps ranked, but aren't popular enough to get their map any attention, let alone get modded. Thanks for reading :)
Caput Mortuum
don't want to see shitmaps gets ranked.
you could make your own contest with "no mappers with ranked maps" rule. Also, the current contest is anonymous, so if your map is actually good, people will vote.
Topic Starter
sakebi

Eraser wrote:

don't want to see shitmaps gets ranked.
you could make your own contest with "no mappers with ranked maps" rule. Also, the current contest is anonymous, so if your map is actually good, people will vote.
Shitmaps won't get ranked. That's the point of a contest.

Even if I tried to start my own contest, nobody would join.

And with all the better mappers, there's a slim chance any unpopular mappers will win.
Stefan

repladux wrote:

And with all the better mappers, there's a slim chance any unpopular mappers will win.

Eraser wrote:

Also, the current contest is anonymous, so if your map is actually good, people will vote.
I think you missed to understand or read this part. Let's assume ten users which are all either unpopular or new participate at this tournament, I am actually very unknown - despite having almost 16 ranked beatmaps. That wouldn't make sense at all. :P

Generally, contests like these can be hold easily by the user theirself, it's all about the organization.