forum

No consistency?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
AzureMist
My aim never was that good, but something has been making me really dispirited.
Everytime I try to FC a map, doesn't matter if it's 4 stars or 6 stars, I keep missing at random spots and can't ever get it, no matter how many times I retry the map. Sometimes I can't even get past the first chorus of the song without a random miss or a slider break. It's been like that since a long time and this is killing me. So I want to ask you guys: How do I get(practice) consistency or stop that? I don't want more random misses at aleatory places on maps I should easily be doing.
Please help.
Endaris
Hi,
you're apparently not a robot. That's nice.
Especially when having the mindset to FC something you might get a bit tensed/nervous in mind and arms which increases the chance of your muscle memory not behaving as usual.
You can only train consistency in terms of physical skill to a certain degree, the rest is pure mindset.
chainpullz
Make sure your tablet doesn't catch on your hand and slide back and forth by small amounts on every movement. Even if it's not actually incurring any drift if it is in fact shifting ever so slightly it will ruin your aiming consistency. If that's not the issue then idk, git gud?
Sayorie
My mental state keeps me inconsistent most of the time, which sucks ass. Most of my top scores were just sight-read lucky plays. I don't even care about FC-ing because that's pretty rare for me. my blog ends here

To address your problem, I guess, don't spam the retry button. (c) Rohulk
Play maps until the end, until you get comfortable with it and know all the pitfalls of the map/pattern which would normally catch you off guard.
I don't know what to say anymore aside from that.
Topic Starter
AzureMist
Hmmm. I'll try to change my mindset(dunno how, but will try), but still, I almost never get to the end of the map with 0 misses or breaks, so I don't think I'm ever "tense" enough to make me miss randomly.
And my tablet is practically stuck to the table, so I don't think it moving is a problem.
Also, yes! I guess I will stop retrying and play all the way through the map
Frikandel
Nerves, man. Look: https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/6039673

I admit I link this as a bit of a brag but in all honesty it's a very easy map. Anyways I played this first time in a multi with HDHR and I sliderbroke like a @#$% on some easy slider, otherwise it would have been an SS worth 298pp and possible top 50.

But because I got so close I kept trying again and again afterwards and I kept missing the easiest shizzle.

So yeah nerves. If you play to FC you play worse. Somehow you have to turn that off in your brain.
Topic Starter
AzureMist
Damn, man, that slider break :/
Still, I think my problems are more on the skill level than on nerves since I almost never get a high combo on maps or even have the eminence of an fc to make me nervous
dung eater
120 hz and higher helps a looooot for me. The feedback is delayed and cursor is drawn less than half as often.
Zain Sugieres
Do not retry, play various maps with different style and try to reduce pp farming to minimum