forum

Optical Mouse Inaccurate

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
The Baka-Otaku
So I have recently made a switch from a laser mouse to an optical mouse and I have noticed while playing osu it when I move it to click on a circle it will go slightly past the circle unless I have the sensitivity lower but if I lower the sensitivity it moves too slow to play. Any way to fix this or am I gonna have to go back to playing osu with a laser mouse?
Sandy Hoey
You just have to get used to. Some people say that optical mice are actually better than laser mice because they read the surface they are on better, giving you more consistent movements and therefore accuracy. You just have to get used to it, especially if you made the switch recently.
Some mice allow you to change the dpi using a driver. This means you can get a more precise, comfortable sensitivity.
N0thingSpecial
"there's no such thing as a perfect mouse.

You have confirmation bias towards to optical mouse you're using, play more.
Sandy Hoey
That's not to say that they are so far superior to laser mice that you shouldn't use them. That's not what I meant. I don't even know if you can tell the difference, but if it does make a difference, that's what people say
dung eater
Use raw input in options, make sure you have enough room to reach all corners of screen and more. Then play more. You can get used to moving your hand more just like you got used to mocing it less.
Rurree
Optical mice ARE better than laser mice. Invest money on a mouse with a PMW3310 and above sensor and you won't encounter any of the problems that a crappy optical or laser mouse has.

There really is no such thing as a perfect mouse, since we all have different preferences. But it's safe to say that an optical mouse is better in any way than a laser mouse on optimal conditions.
Xyrus_old_1

The Baka-Otaku wrote:

when I move it to click on a circle it will go slightly past the circle unless I have the sensitivity lower but if I lower the sensitivity it moves too slow to play.
When you say "sensitivity", do you mean DPI, in-game sensitivity or the sensitivity in Control Panel (or whatever Mac/Linux/whatever uses if you're not on Windows)?