forum

Can't improve anymore

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Cyron
Recently my rank has only been going downhill and can't get any pp. I've been stuck at 5k for more than a 6 months and now it's even worse. No matter how much i play i can't improve. If I play for long sessions 3+ hours I start missing randomly and playing bad overall so i don't think there is a way to play more. I have some random moments when i play very well all of a sudden for like 30 min or so then it's gone.

What could I do to get better? I was thinking of playing only AR8 OD10 for the next week to train my aim/reading, but i have no idea what else to do.

Also, how do you cure the bad habit of retrying maps too many times? It is like a reflex for me now. When i miss on an easy note my hand presses retry button without even thinking.
PinkNightmares
Did you run out of farm maps?
Topic Starter
Cyron

B1oody wrote:

Did you run out of farm maps?
Have a lot of those but can't farm anything. Also i don't want to spend an entire day to farm those TV Sizes. Most of my recent pp scores are random FCs.
dung eater
if you realize what you do wrong and try to do it properly next time, repeat, you should improve

if it's 'random', just focus on that thing you do the mistake with (aim? tapping? to focus on both at the same time you might need to go for a bit easier maps) as much during the map as possible, on as many circles/objects as possible. you will gain consistency

if it's reading memorize
Topic Starter
Cyron

jaaakb wrote:

if you realize what you do wrong and try to do it properly next time, repeat, you should improve
That is the biggest problem. I don't actually know what i'm doing wrong besides retrying maps too much.
Zain Sugieres
If you hit a wall, hit the wall so hard it will break.

Play lots of maps that require each different skillset and try to not farm pp at all for a while.
Topic Starter
Cyron

Zain Sugieres wrote:

If you hit a wall, hit the wall so hard it will break.
That is a nice quote, good to keep in mind.
dung eater
retrying is fine if you don't play half assedly. if you can keep your focus on playing properly, it's fine

it's a big thing to notice what you are doing wrong. just noticing if it's your tapping or aim helps, it's even better if you notice/know how/why you make the mistake.
Railey2
oh hey there

I've been around rank 5k since february the 18th, so i can definitely relate to what you're saying. There is certainly a nasty wall here, but there are a couple ways to break it.

In my opinion, 5k is about where you can start to specialize as a player, since the only ways to get more pp are either insane speed, insane accuracy, or insane aim.

The thing is, you got to your current rank without really focusing on anything, since farmmaps don't particularly challenge you in any of the 3 departments. You just played what was the most viable. But now, to get ahead, you'll probably need to invest heavily into one or two of the three (speed, aim, accuracy). Stay away from farm maps. Farming skill is what really makes you better in the long run.
Zain Sugieres

Railey2 wrote:

oh hey there

I've been around rank 5k since february the 18th, so i can definitely relate to what you're saying. There is certainly a nasty wall here, but there are a couple ways to break it.

In my opinion, 5k is about where you can start to specialize as a player, since the only ways to get more pp are either insane speed, insane accuracy, or insane aim.

The thing is, you got to your current rank without really focusing on anything, since farmmaps don't particularly challenge you in any of the 3 departments. You just played what was the most viable. But now, to get ahead, you'll probably need to invest heavily into one or two of the three (speed, aim, accuracy). Stay away from farm maps. Farming skill is what really makes you better in the long run.
Meanwhile you still farm lul :v
Railey2

Zain Sugieres wrote:

Railey2 wrote:

oh hey there

Meanwhile you still farm lul :v
dude I didn't go tryhard farm mode for at least a year

you can see when I was really farming. All the other times I play farm maps are just one day maybe, but nothing I do continuously. The holy climb of farm. Neverforget..
Frikandel
same tbh. I have gained 800pp over a year or so, only farm maps. I normally struggle with the simpelest farm maps maybe, you and me, we are just at our peak.
AGRX
everyone is facing walls, not only in osu... better try harder than you can to get a small step in improvement
i am lower rank than you so i dont have any tips for you :(