forum

Am i starting to hit a wall?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Yaes
i have been playing for quite awhile now and l am stuck at 4*-5*. Yes i know, PLAY MORE and i am trying to play more but it just really kills me inside when i pass the hard part of the song with luck and then choke and never pass that hard part again. I'm currently trying to learn how to stream but i tend to just freeze up during one or randomly spam the zx button to pass the stream. i have also taken breaks in between sessions. i'm just really upset when i cant get the PP as its the only thing keeping it challenging for me
TheLonePiggy
seeing as we are very similar in terms of plays count and pp i would just like to say that i usually just play maps without going for pp and play songs that might be easier like 4.5 stars that i just haven't fced yet or maps that have tricky patterns
I also play image material with relax and crazy stuff like that and then when my aim feels good one day i'll just play some maps for pp 3-4 times and if i dont fc move on to another
this is what ive been doing for a few weeks and if you look at my recent top plays you can kinda see what i mean

TLDR play for fun not pp and when your feeling really good go for pp every few days (can be weeks too)

EDIT: another thing to add is that you have been improving each month and you will never really know if you're beginning to hit a wall, the best thing you can do is keep playing and trying to improve
Topic Starter
Yaes
kinda forgot to say this but farming pp is only thing fun for me, it gives me a challenge and the satisfactory when FC.
TheLonePiggy
is pp the only reason you like to fc? if not then just play some crazy fun ~4.5 star maps or try to get on the leader boards for easier songs

i like to set goals like having my entire top play list 100pp and above and so i farm out some easy ~108 pp maps
Topic Starter
Yaes
Yes. My only 2 current goals are being able to stream properly and get in to the 20,000~ rank. i could try and be like you where i farm 100 pp maps but i just cant seem to play maps well when i know for the fact that the song is gonna give a great amount of pp,it just stays in my mind. Getting on easy songs leader boards isn't really a thing for me.
TheLonePiggy
maybe try making a more specific goal?

my current and only goal in this game is to eventually fc image material and some day ss it
Topic Starter
Yaes
i did have thoughts on maybe one day fc freedom dive which is probably very hard for me due to my streaming skills(which sucks HARD) but other then that i dont want to get to ahead of myself
TheLonePiggy
i like to think of it as preparing for the final boss
c-atsuit
yeah lol just play more or try different things when ur playing like changing your grip or area size
Topic Starter
Yaes
tried changing areasize once or twice before but no change to aim, also tried pen grip but it just feels off and weird.
N0thingSpecial
Try different map type, try playing with different skin, try playing with different cursor size, try playing differently if you ever hit a "skill ceiling", and with time you will be able to push that skill ceiling up
Railey2
ok here is the thing with streaming. Streaming ability is, to a huge degree, dependent on how good the muscles in your arm are trained ((next to aim of course, which is the other component). Think of it as weight-lifting, where faster streams mean heavier weights. If you freeze up during the streams, it probably means that you put up more than you can lift.

That being said, you need to train your arm better. People say "play more", but that is only a half-truth, as there are some training methods that are very effective and others that are not:

If you want to get good at streams, you have to play the right maps over and over to get good at them. You can't just play something like image material, since that would be akin to training with 300kg when you can only lift 45kg. What you'll want to do is train with 45kg until you can feel your arms-- in other words:
what you need to do is playing maps that are slower, so you can stream them comfortably, but still train you because the streams just keep going forever.

https://osu.ppy.sh/s/72474

When you play this, you'll feel the muscles in your arm "heating up", really soon. That's the feeling you want to get. Play the map that feels most comfortable and try to keep going as long as possible. Rinse and repeat.
Topic Starter
Yaes
I can't seem to adjust to the Bpm, sometimes it's slow and I tap to fast and get shit acc .if I were to try and slow down I'll start to miss notes. It just seems like I can never adjust to the speed
Railey2
it seems counterintuitive, but streaming low BPM is actually insanely hard too, because you need really good finger control for it. Most people have their sweet spot of streaming somewhere around 180-190BPM, so that is what you should be playing at the moment, until your sweet spot gets extended to 200 and higher.

Now, if you can't seem to adjust to the speed, I'd say just listen to the music more. Don't focus too hard on aiming or other things, just listen to your inner metronome. Playing with louder hitsounds can help you out too (but not so loud that they drown out the music). Try to find your sweet spot. 150 is definitely too slow. Play the 180BPM or 170BPM map until you can FC it.
Topic Starter
Yaes
Ok, I'll try that out for now thank you ^_^