forum

What do you focus on while modding?

posted
Total Posts

What do you focus on while modding?

Rhythm Things (like: "Use 2 1/2 sliders instead of one 2/1 slider to fit the music")
33.33%
Gameplay/Flow Things (like: "Place here for better flow")
33.33%
Aesthetics (like: "Try curving this slider more")
16.67%
Emphasis (like: "These notes should be spaced out more for emphasis")
16.67%
Hitsounding (like: "This slider head is missing a whistle")
0.00%
Other small things (like: "Blanket could be better" or "Stacking is off")
0.00%
Total votes: 12
Topic Starter
_DT3
Hmm, this might not be the best place to post it, but it's a survey so why not.

Pretty-much self explanatory title

Just choose two of the options and if you like you can post here what you do focus on and why, I am curious to know
Also, no option is: "I do not mod"
Actually, just post here if you don't mod either, it's interesting for me in anyway
Endaris
3 and 6 sound like they are the same
Also depends a lot on the quality of the map.
I will first check rhythm, then emphasis/flow(not really that different if you ask me as breaking flow is also a mean of emphasising and stuff) and especially with rhythm I'm already spending a sufficient amount of time to not even look at the rest in detail.
After that I'd prioritise hitsounds over aesthetics as aesthetics tend to be irrelevant for modding due to the loads of small flow/spacing changes coming later unless the map is basically bubbled.
that's a logic order imo as modding flow and whatnot isn't really valuable when the rhythm is not smooth because it will get remapped anyway.
i voted rhythm only :^)
Bara-
Definitely rhythm at first
Emphasis and Aesthetics differ per map. Low diffs need less emphasis, more aesthetics, it's the other way around for higher diffs
DeletedUser_6709840
2 and 4 because for the the first one, I cant hear rhythm.

I mostly focus on flow and emphsis because if the game doesnt play nicely or the mapping doesnt seem logical to the song, it gets boring and frustrating to players