forum

Mouse Acceleration Advice

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
xCroww
I'm a mouse player and until now I have had mouse acceleration on, but just now turned it off (I didn't know how to on a mac/care enough, it was weird). I did this because I was hitting a ceiling on low 4* maps because of inconsistency on jumps and my mouse would run off of my desk on long songs that don't let me reset hand position. I was wondering if anyone here has had experience making this jump to no acceleration, whether this had a good impact on your play in the long term, how long it takes to adjust, ect. Thanks!
Sandy Hoey
I think no acceleration is so much better. It makes your accuracy a long more consistent and predictable. If you are still having a hard time now making the jumps because of no acceleration, you can always turn your dpi or sensitivity up a little until it feels comfortable again. I definitely think you made the right choice.
Topic Starter
xCroww

Sandy Hoey wrote:

I think no acceleration is so much better. It makes your accuracy a long more consistent and predictable.
Yeah that was my feeling, that I could practice a section of jumps and nail them but it wouldn't transfer beyond that section, I wasn't improving at jumps overall. I literally just decided to stick with no acc so I still have no control but glad to hear it will be good once I play enough.
Caenis
Frikandel
You should never have played with accel on.
Mahogany
You have to completely relearn your aim now so it's only natural to hit a wall

You're going to need to spend a long time adjusting
FrzR
1:1 relative aim to mouse and hand is always the best option. Turning acceleration on may feel faster but it's like you're trying to walk on a slippery road.
dung eater
leave it off, forget about it