forum

Mr. Link. Productions - Navi Sparta Remix (EXTENDED)

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Swash
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on Wednesday, August 24, 2016 at 2:31:18 AM

Artist: Mr. Link. Productions
Title: Navi Sparta Remix (EXTENDED)
BPM: 140
Filesize: 2363kb
Play Time: 00:43
Difficulties Available:
  1. Annoyed (4.22 stars, 183 notes)
  2. Hey, it's easy (1.4 stars, 44 notes)
  3. Listen, it's normal (2.24 stars, 79 notes)
  4. What's up, it's hard (3.49 stars, 147 notes)
Download: Mr. Link. Productions - Navi Sparta Remix (EXTENDED)
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
Thanks for.. WAIT WHAT I DID EVERYTHING BY MYSELF?
Hitsounds - Check
Background I made by myself using stuff online - check
Timing - Idk, seems right, so check?
full set with no GDs (yet) - Check
hey hey hey hey hey hey hey
Listen Listen Listen Listen Listen
XHPLAYER[_]
riffy
As per your request. This is also a test of my new template.

General
[]
  1. Consider adding a kiai time for the part that is uesed as the preview time? As it sounds very intense a kiai would fit there.
  2. Is there a reason for your background to be a .png one? Conver to .jpg, it saves a lot of space. Proobably we can save up to 30% of space while preserving the good quality.
  3. Looks like combo colours are not set for the beatmap. Are you sure you want it to be that way? The default ones differ from skin to skin heavily and may look awkward!
  4. The notes in all difficulties are unsnapped. This is the result of the offset changes, I suppose. Try re-snapping them in every difficulty via Timing > Resnap all notes.
  5. Your tags could be more detailed. Why not add The Legend Of Zelda and tags related to the game? This should help fans find the map a lot faster.
  6. The Widescreen Support and Epilepsy Warning are not really necessary. The map has no storyboarding, so these make no sense.
  7. The countdown does not really match with the song. It feels extra and off, Try disabling it (Song Setup > Storyboarding).
  8. The cut of the mp3 file is really sudden. I believe that it is cut and doing an alternative cut with a more natural fade-out effect would improve the situation.
  9. Your hitsounds in general feel pretty heavy to ears. The amount of loud whistles seems to be hurting the actual song. Try to use something siofter for 00:12:504 - 00:22:790 - this part.
Hey, it's easy
[]
  1. 00:03:929 (3,1) - try something like using Ctrl+G on (1,2,3)? The way 00:05:643 (1) - gets overlapped with (3)'s hitburst leaves a bit uneasy impression.
  2. 00:10:786 (1,1) - these two are way too close to each other. This creates a bit of a confusion and makes the pattern feel untidy in general. A minor re-arrangement should improve the appearance of the pattern a lot.
  3. 00:15:929 (1,2) - the angle feels forced here. It is not a big deal for the easiest difficulty, but something more flow-based still adds a slight improvement. Example
  4. 00:29:643 (1) - the change of the direction is pretty sudden and it feels out of the context as there was nothing like that before. Why not try something like this?

Feels somewhat untidy, apart from that it is not a bad difficulty. Overall structuring is nice and the dificulty settings make sense.
Listen, it's normal
[]
  1. With the spacing/velocity ratio like this Approach Rate 5 seems to be making a lot more sense.
    Note: if you apply this, consider getting back to Easy and trying out AR 3 or at least 2,5 to make things more balanced.
  2. 00:11:429 (2,3,4) - the emphasis could be moved to the stronger beats with a simple Ctrl+G. This would make the stronger beats on white ticks clickable, making the sliders feel more natural.
    Note: be careful, as this would re-quire some pattern re-structuring!
  3. 00:12:500 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2) - hitting so many circles in a row is not an easy task for players. I would rather start with 1/1 sliders as they are easier to hit and then move along to 1/1 snapped circles as to emphasise the tension the part gradually gains.

Overall, the difficulty is not bad, but it could be simplified to make the Eeasy>Normal>Hard difficulty spread feel more players-friendly. Try lowering the rhythm density of the 1/2 parts by using more 1/2 sliders and avoding accuracy-demanding triplets like 00:08:000 (2,3,4).
What's up, it's hardl
[]
  1. Try Approach Rate 7 or at least 6,5 to match with the heavy amount of sliders and circles appearing on the screen. Higher A would increase readability.
  2. 00:06:286 (3,4,5) - jumping into the song with the triplets after 1/2 based Normal feels too hardcore. Try nerfing the sliders with 1/4 sliders with a single repeat? example
    Note: the triplets may say for the kiai part. They just feel as kind of a shock as this is practically the first thing players see after starting the difficulty.
  3. 00:12:500 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,5,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4) - the same thing about sliders first, circles later applies here. Probably using 1/1 sliders instead of 00:12:500 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) - would do the trick and make the part feel slighly easier.
  4. 00:39:500 (1,2,3,4) - try something different here? as the beat where the spinner starts is left unclickable having much weaker beats maped with circles (2,3,4) feels weird. I'd probably just remove (2,4) making the end snapped to 1/2.

Pretty interesting experiment with the patterns, they look very simple and linear, but that somehow works with the song. So, good job on this one!
Annoyed
[]
  1. 00:03:076 (2,3) - why did you give up the idea of spacing them and forming a triangle? It worked well in the other difficulties and will probably look neat here as well.
  2. 00:11:004 (3,5) - minor - the stack here is not exactly perfect. You might want to fix that.
  3. 00:12:933 (2) - the only 1/1 slider in the whole difficulty. Try using an 1/2 slider and a circle instead? This will fit with the vocals better and fit with the context of the difficulty!
  4. 00:18:504 (3,1) - minor - the overlap here is somewhat noticeable, why not turn (1) into a slight blanket-slider? Would look sort of cool.
  5. 00:36:933 (1) - probably the new combo here is out of place. The slider sounds like a logical follow up after the previous one, there is not much to emphasise, so remove the new combo off the slider?
  6. 00:39:076 (7,8) - you haven't used those in the entire difficulty? Try to use single circles instead?1/2 snmapped gaps should work pretty nicely here.

Again, the style is simple, but so is the song. I like what you did here, keep that up!
[]
Overall it feels a bit unpolished, but fine otherwise. A few things pop up here and there, but it's no big deal and could be improved with a mod or two.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`

Best of luck!