forum

[osu! test build] A small idea on score submission and what not [invalid]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +1
Topic Starter
[Sean]
This a supporter only feature as only Supporters can access the public test build. Leave this thread if you're going to comment on something you can't access....

Right... I've capped my net, so I've got slow, if not non-existent connection to Bancho when in score submission. I may be over exaggerating it, but hell, that's how it is some times. After finishing a song (Close to the end), my net booted me from BanchoBot, as if it was a d/c. Once the song was completed, I was taken IMMEDIATELY without viewing the results for the map, straight to the main menu, with my user display stats sitting on "Submitting Score...", while gray. (Obviously that's where it last read that I was connected to Bancho.

After finally re-connecting (About 10-15 seconds), no score was actually submitted.

My idea: Allowing the account's that have connected on that PC able to play and/or finish a song. What I mean by this is that getting the client to create a localized file of the users supporter account, and a few details such as last known I.P, or just when their supporter runs out. Then if the user is offline, the client will read what account is trying to connect to bancho, check the required stats off the localized file and confirm that it's a supporter account until <insert date here>, and to ensure no noobs do the whole "RESET CLOCK BACKWARDS KLOLOLOL" get the client to read the current date and time of connection for each new connection to Bancho, and then simply just re-write and save the data.

Enabling this means that people with slow and/or really bad internet (PRIME EXAMPLE HERE GUYS...), allowed to continue play without being booted to the main screen.

That, or I was lagging that bad that I was still connected to bancho, but it didn't read me as supporter due to the disconnection.

Either way, that's what I'm going for.
Sakura
You apparently dont seem to get what osu! test build is for
Sushi

Sakura Hana wrote:

You apparently dont seem to get what osu! test build is for
This.

Test build is there if you are willing to help finding bugs, it's not a preview of what will be there for supporters. as peppy said, do not use the test build if it's not for that purpose.