forum

[duplicate] AN EXTENDED KUDOSU RANKING SYSTEM!

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
Laxxer
My Idea
Wouldnt it be AWESOME to have an extended kudosu ranking? Like it would be the same, or if not very similar to the pp ranking system, but instead the ranks and pp/ KUDOSU!

Why we should have this in the game
ok, I know we already have a kudosu ranking but you can't see where YOU place in the world, for example, I have 100 kudos, so lets say i'm rank 50 in canada and rank 5000 in the world, or something like that! I think this idea is cool because I myself has always wanted to know how I rank up with the world in kudosu, and it would encourage me (and others) MORE to help players with mapping and ranking their map!

Problems this idea MIGHT have
There might not be ENOUGH people who actually 'collect' kudos, or even have kudos at all.

It might be too hard to keep control of?

Thanks for reading! And help make kudosu ranking better!

sorry if this is a repeat
Topic Starter
Laxxer
btw this isn't quite the same, and it was a year ago why not give it another chance?

and the fact that THAT asked for more pages when i'm asking for a bit more!
KyoHiroyuki
I'd say this feature would certainly be neat, but it seems like a lot of effort to me. And even if so, as you said, so little people would notice, I'm sure even less would care, unless when we bring this in, people start trying, but then it might make mapping harder and harder, with so many people bombarding to try and get theirselves some Kudosu

Summary: Good idea, neat concept, seems like trouble to get in the game, but it WOULD certainly make a usually completely un-noticed feature more important to the player who cares
Seijiro
This is clearly a duplicate.
Bump the thread you linked if you have something useful to add instead.
Bara-
My thread got invalidated/duplicated for a 5 years old thread. I don't think 1 year later is fine (compared to those 5) so it still will not happen (sadly enough)
Topic Starter
Laxxer

Bara- wrote:

My thread got invalidated/duplicated for a 5 years old thread. I don't think 1 year later is fine (compared to those 5) so it still will not happen (sadly enough)

Same thing said before , you asked for more sheets not quite the same as my idea

MrSergio wrote:

This is clearly a duplicate.
Bump the thread you linked if you have something useful to add instead.

Duplicate? Bars asked more sheets I'm asking for country and global ranking
Bara-
This will only ask for more spamming
You talk about 'collecting' kudosu
It's not as if you just walk outside, and a random kudosu pops up and you need to catch it in a pokeball. You need to put effort into modding, and it shouldn't be rushed, just because you want a place in the rankings
I only need 180 more to get into the top50, but I will not spam small mods just to get them. I put effort in all my mods, and I hope everyone does
Topic Starter
Laxxer

Bara- wrote:

This will only ask for more spamming
You talk about 'collecting' kudosu
It's not as if you just walk outside, and a random kudosu pops up and you need to catch it in a pokeball. You need to put effort into modding, and it shouldn't be rushed, just because you want a place in the rankings
I only need 180 more to get into the top50, but I will not spam small mods just to get them. I put effort in all my mods, and I hope everyone does

Oh k I see what you mean, I wouldn't give kudosu to someone for a random blanket here suggestion, I woul do the suggestion but not give kudos because chances are the modded only saw 20 seconds of the map

If people give kudos for a small Mod, why not just make a rule about it? 8-)
Bara-
I have actually seen cases, in which people would post nonsense messages, like this
K
Cool
Awesome map
I like it
It's good

So 5 different posts in the same thread, and all were given kudosu by the mapper
If someone does this in 20 threads, he can easily get 400 kudosu, and since it's hard to track down, it's really harmful for these rankings

Actually, since the described incident, I'm browsing the WIP/Pending forums daily to get rid of any unworthy kudosu. If you ever see one, just shoot me a PM and I'll deny them
Topic Starter
Laxxer

Bara- wrote:

I have actually seen cases, in which people would post nonsense messages, like this
K
Cool
Awesome map
I like it
It's good

So 5 different posts in the same thread, and all were given kudosu by the mapper
If someone does this in 20 threads, he can easily get 400 kudosu, and since it's hard to track down, it's really harmful for these rankings

Actually, since the described incident, I'm browsing the WIP/Pending forums daily to get rid of any unworthy kudosu. If you ever see one, just shoot me a PM and I'll deny them

Oh okay I get your point! Sorry I did t think that much

Btw mapper should be silenced for giving kudos fr nothing?

Will stop trying to make this a thing :)
Bara-
Yes they should
if only BNs could silence mappers for this particular reason...
Ah well, we have a report button, just like everyone else