forum

(YACTP) Yet Another Cursor Trail Post - Buggy, but beauty

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
LittleFox
Hi, first time posting here.

Since a while ago I started searching for Cursortrail info, how to make it longer, how to make it smooth, how to improve it. I'm someone who loves to play with cursortrail. The thing is that, a lot of players have already done this question, but (in my opinion) half of the community doesn't really understand the problem.

Well, here it goes.

Left= daily cursortrail, Right = Reopened Osu cursortrail (what?)

Describing my problem, i always wondered to have a smooth cursor trail, as seen on some pictures or some bot cursor dance videos (Like MrRheinerZufall)

The common answer is "Add cursormiddle.png", but I dont want a longer cursortrail, What i want is a cursortrail with more samples on it.

Then I discovered a curious bug. When Osu gets minimized with music off, after a while, if I reopen it, the cursortrail looks way smoother (With a lot more samples than before), but after doing some things, like opening the song maps list, it goes to its tipicall form (Low samplerate)

The Smooth version of the cursortrail, has about 19-20 samples, while the "non smooth" daily version, just has 9-10. So, i'm pretty sure that there must be a way to have, like 30 samples ¿?

This is an example of what i mean by higher cursortrail sample rate (I know that this isn't osu client but you get the point).

Is there any way to make the cursortrail smooth as the beggining for al the time? (cursormiddle.png is not the case)

When the "bug happens", im always using the same skin, and the same cursor files, so i'm sure that the problem isnt there. Also I have more than 1000 fps ingame (Action fpsmeter doesn't go higher than 999)

Not longer, but smoother.

(Don't blame my english :c , teach me instead if i did a mistake)
Lyawi
Not sure if the cursors in the video of MrRheinerZufall just have more contrast.
dr lee_old
the trail is locked to fps most of the time, don't know why it ignores that lock when you return to it sometimes
Topic Starter
LittleFox

dr lee wrote:

the trail is locked to fps most of the time, don't know why it ignores that lock when you return to it sometimes
Cursortrail is linked to Osu internal clock, not to FPS. I don't see 999+ samples of the cursortrail. (Assuming that you do understand what I mean by "samples")

Another Topic that already posted that.

/t/185321

This is similar to the non-disappearing cursortrail bug of a year ago when cursortrail was locked after being iddle:

t/359507

In my case, my cursortrail gets more samples according of how long i was iddle.