forum

[invalid] Multiplayer: One player game starting

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
Nickito12
It would be really nice if we could start the song in a multiplayer room even with only 1 player.
This way we could start playing while we're waiting for people to join the room, instead of just sitting around with no one to talk to in the room.
Underforest

Nickito12 wrote:

instead of just sitting around with no one to talk to in the room.
you could use #multiplayer chat

also I don't find this idea useful because the player will miss a lot of objects when they join and this will cause a bad grade
Pawsu
Yeah...I don't see this becoming a thing. You want people to be able to join mid match? How would rankings even work?
You're in multiplayer for a reason. Wait for people to join, or go back to solo. :x
Sandy Hoey

Pawsu wrote:

Yeah...I don't see this becoming a thing. You want people to be able to join mid match? How would rankings even work?
You're in multiplayer for a reason. Wait for people to join, or go back to solo. :x
I don't think the OP is request the ability to join a multiplayer game midway through. He just wants to set up a lobby and start playing by himself while he waits for other to join. When they do join, it will just put them in the lobby and they will have to wait for him to finish the song.

Still don't think this will be a helpful at all, just go into solo until your friends are ready to play
Pawsu

Sandy Hoey wrote:

Pawsu wrote:

I don't think the OP is request the ability to join a multiplayer game midway through. He just wants to set up a lobby and start playing by himself while he waits for other to join. When they do join, it will just put them in the lobby and they will have to wait for him to finish the song.

Still don't think this will be a helpful at all, just go into solo until your friends are ready to play
Then well, this would be even more useless. This does not need adding.
abraker
Hmmm... I bet this is something similiar to what peppy had in mind when he said he wanted the game to be more online based a year back. The convenience here is that you don't have to switch between solo or multi. You can just remain on multi and let players join you. Or you can put a password and play alone.

It kinda defeats the purpose of having solo and the invite system, so instead of a this being a request, this would be more of a move toward restructuring how solo/multi works.

Whether this is a good idea or not, idk, but it is an alternative.
Axon

Pawsu wrote:

Then well, this would be even more useless. This does not need adding.
Paxas_old
I dont even play but I agree, playing alone in multi is definitely more fun than in solo at least
WingSilent
Yeah, agreeing with those posts, this isn't a very useful feature. :|