am i doing this right

posted
Total Posts
show more
StephOsu
Come back after you get some non-pp-farm top plays
or at least non-tv-size
Xyrus_old_1
If you only took 3 tries to FC that, then well done, you FC'd a 5.9* map even if it is a TV size farm map, if you spammed it, you're doing it wrong! :D
N0thingSpecial
doesn't matter play more
Fxjlk
yes
KupcaH
no
Alex3i2
Great . im 18k rank and my max pp score is 185 :D
Topic Starter
Rektango

Xyrus wrote:

If you only took 3 tries to FC that, then well done, you FC'd a 5.9* map even if it is a TV size farm map, if you spammed it, you're doing it wrong! :D
seems like i'm doing it right then

StephOsu wrote:

Come back after you get some non-pp-farm top plays
or at least non-tv-size
how come people always associate tv size with pp farm? most of my top plays (besides no-title [celcius extra] and blade dance [kneesocks] ) were achieved in surprising manners. why do you think i have so many top scores that aren't S?
DeathHydra
Because tv size --> short map --> easier to FC or getting combo close to FC --> pp.

Especially because most tv size anime opening/ending is just basically a jump map with a diff spike near the end. Take a look at kneesocks for example. The map is pretty easy until the back and forth jumps near the end
N0thingSpecial
Still doesn't mean it's impressive for a 30k to get a 196 pp play, I'm more impressed with that one 50k in multi who sight read FC a 4.8* marathon map and got 180 pp for it
chainpullz
I did except back then 2850pp was like rank 13k, the map was more than twice as long, higher bpm, way more streams, more than double the combo, higher OD, and not trashcan acc. I'd say you are pretty average, maybe below average considering how much of a joke pp is becoming these days.
mulraf
i'm 18k and my highest play is 200pp AND tv size / farm map. the ultimate one at that - tatoe.
it just means that you usually don't play farm maps, since if you did, the rest of your pp scores would be at least somewhat similar and there would be some more tatoe. like in my list. 7x tatoe in different variations..... tatoe won't fill you with pride, just with pp! (uh... actually i guess it's called miiro but who cares, it's all tatoe.)
StephOsu

Rhyktangle wrote:

how come people always associate tv size with pp farm? most of my top plays (besides no-title [celcius extra] and blade dance [kneesocks] ) were achieved in surprising manners. why do you think i have so many top scores that aren't S?
I'm not associating tv sizes with pp farm, there's both non-tv farm maps and also tv size good maps too (although it's hard to find non-pp tvs), but most of your tv sizes in your top plays are pp farm maps anyways
KupcaH
How to FC hard maps? I can FC only pp maps. :c (Now I cannot even FC pp maps. :c)
help
help
Yolshka

StephOsu wrote:

Rhyktangle wrote:

I'm not associating tv sizes with pp farm, there's both non-tv farm maps and also tv size good maps too (although it's hard to find non-pp tvs), but most of your tv sizes in your top plays are pp farm maps anyways

I wouldn't say pp maps are bad though.
I think we're past the point where anyone cares if you or someone else is farming. In fact if all you care about is pp then playing full length technical maps is really inefficent and useless.
The added diffculty of a map being longer is really minor though imo.
StephOsu

Yolshka wrote:

I wouldn't say pp maps are bad though.
I think we're past the point where anyone cares if you or someone else is farming. In fact if all you care about is pp then playing full length technical maps is really inefficent and useless.
The added diffculty of a map being longer is really minor though imo.
PP farm maps still need a certain degree of skills to get the PP
It's not like a map that's deemed "farm-able" automatically becomes free PP
But still, every farm-able maps are generally worth more pp than it suppose to be
That doesn't meant that some beatmaps that gives high pp are pp farming maps though
and also as I said, there's tv sizes that are really good that deserves it's pp gain and ranked status
I would also add that having even 30 seconds longer in a beatmap can be hell for people who spams only tv sizes due to lack of stamina to perform long beatmaps (especially technical beatmaps)
Topic Starter
Rektango
I'm not going to stop for every map just to check if its not a "pp farm" map.
N0thingSpecial
there's a point in time where you can just play a map and tell if it is a pp map one being that I can't get top 50 in country ranking
-kags

KupcaH wrote:

no
mizuki-chan
if you enjoy tapping those circles you are doing right
7ambda

Rhyktangle wrote:

how come people always associate tv size with pp farm? most of my top plays (besides no-title [celcius extra] and blade dance [kneesocks] were achieved in surprising manners. why do you think i have so many top scores that aren't S?
Because they give too much pp for the amount of effort required to fc them, hence "farm map."
StephOsu

Rhyktangle wrote:

I'm not going to stop for every map just to check if its not a "pp farm" map.
you don't have to, but if you only play that type of map then you are going to suffer once you reach high level or attempt to go competitive
so unless you don't really care about going right there, you are doing it right
otherwise, you are doing it wrong