forum

Like and dislike posts [Denied]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
theowest
Loads and loads of forums out there uses a "like" the comment option on the side of the post that someone makes. Like Youtube or isoHunt for example.. (I don't know any more but I'm sure there's many more.) I've also seen some communities have karma where many dislikes (-x) gives them bad reputation. So if anyone makes a awesome post on a thread, that person then gets +12 for example. People will then notice posts and maybe this is a good idea?
So I'm thinking of having a spot on your profile there it says what your current reputation is. Like "Angel" or "Son of a bitch" or something.. Wouldn't this be cool? :D There you should be able to see some nice statistics, most likes on comments, time-line, average likes, how many percentage is likes and how many is dislikes, etc etc.

AND another thing we could do is to mix this with "More forum ranks." Here: http://osu.ppy.sh/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=48057
I wrote the comment:
Stupid bitch - too many kudosus were Denied, bad reputation.
Ranking shart master - Many #1 on ranking sharts, or #1 on a beatmap.
Peppy's little helper - A real nice guy who's got a good reputation and loads of kudosus, many posts, etc.
Everyone's favorite beatmapper - Makes a lot of good beatmaps.

Something like this maybe? :D

James2250 EDIT:
Would cause wayyyy too much drama overall (knowing the osu! community) and wouldn't really add anything useful to the forums, so going to have to deny this.
Galkan
Is regular attention whoring cool enough (like if it was cool at all...) to be implemented?

Peppy's little helper - A real nice guy who's got a good reputation and loads of kudosus, many posts, etc.
What does having kudosu and many posts have in common with peppy?

How can you say someone's map's better than someone else's?

Why would we even need something like this thing your requested? I don't get your logic. So far everything's fine as it is at current point, why need such a change?
Rantai
I could see this being abused so badly, i.e. a bunch of people down voting every post out there.

Also, what ^ said.
Topic Starter
theowest

Galkan92 wrote:

Is regular attention whoring cool enough (like if it was cool at all...) to be implemented?

What does having kudosu and many posts have in common with peppy?

How can you say someone's map's better than someone else's?

Why would we even need something like this thing your requested? I don't get your logic. So far everything's fine as it is at current point, why need such a change?

I DON'T KNOW! Those names are JUST EXAMPLES.. You might be right about this after all... ;_;