forum

[Archived] Mapping

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
MrBlueVoid
Problem Details:
I know how to do the beat snaps, but how do you make it go faster?

Video or screenshot showing the problem:

osu! version: 20160805.3 (latest)
7ambda
Move the notes in the timeline closer to each other.
Bara-
Increase Slider Velocity in the Timing Tab
Topic Starter
MrBlueVoid
Not the sliders, but the actual song. I'm on a 1/8 beat snap, I just don't know how to increase the song speed.
Electoz
Double BPM?
Bara-
Most songs have a consistent beat. If it's a calm song, don't increase the BPM to double values to increase it
If the BPM is correct, it should be that way. It should be correctly timed, and you should adapt your mapping to it

You can change from 1/8 to 1/4 or something (using 1/8 likely means something is wrong with the timing, or it's a really slow song). I have never seen a map which was full of 1/8
Starrodkirby86
Bara-'s definitely on the right point that a song properly timed should not be playing around with 1/8. If you're consistently on 1/8 snap, you may want to adjust your offset or BPM.

Actually, this may answer your question too – if you want to change the BPM, as perhaps the song you're mapping changes BPM, you'd want to open the Timing Setup Panel and click on the + that says "Add Timing Section". Alternatively, you can go to the Timing toolbar and select "Add Timing Section" there, or Ctrl+P. You should only do this if your song has variable BPM, that is, if the song clearly indicates a speed change.

You probably just have a mistimed map, so you may want to take a look at the osu!academy's Timing basics to get a good idea of what's in your toolbox.
Bara-
Can you please upload the beatmap (if you don't want to submit it, go to file-->Export Package-->Upload that file you get Mediafire/Puush etc.
This way we can help you better, since we know what's going on
Chiraux
You can also hold a key (Tab or Shift or something) to name the Distance Snap longer, if that's what you're asking about.