forum

[invalid] Mod Request: "First Person"

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +3
Topic Starter
deyv
     Credit

Regarding a client "copy" of osu!, which has been created to practice osu! maps with virtually no restrictions called McOsu, has an experimental Mod that is worth being talked about as a potential ranked Mod for the official client. I quote "copy" as it may bring a negative connotation; trying to show that it's not intended to replace/compete osu! and that is it not indeed a copy/clone.
     Reddit post of McOsu release.
          For the past couple of days I've been giving touch to the "copy" client McOsu, it has override sliders that are capable of changing maps' CS, AR, OD, and HP value and even increase/decrease its BPM, including a variety of interesting new Mods dubbed "Experimental Mods", such as "Wobble" which constantly rotates maps' play-field while moving in circles. Or "Minimize" which decreases maps' CS as the map progresses up to 50.% of CS reduction.

What's the Mod?

There's one Mod that really caught my attention, a Mod that truly enhanced gameplay for me, a Mod that made me question my very own existence, a Mod that makes me scream "WHY HAS THIS NOT COME TO OSU!, WHY PEPPY, WHY!", and that is the "First Person" Mod, or FP for short. FP is a Mod that essentially keeps your cursor in the middle of your screen, as if it were a cross-hair like in any FPS game. When you move your cursor up or down, the play-field will move opposite as if you were actually moving toward it but with a camera following the cursor, having it look still.
          Yes, you're correct, FP will totally increase you're ability to aim in any FPS such as CS:GO or Call of Duty. (:
     Here's an example of me playing osu! with FP and RLX.

Reasoning

I wouldn't consider myself a mapper, but I am aware that mapping itself is an art, being able to express a song in a format of circles and being able to "feel" the music in such a format.
          Once a map is ranked there's no changing the placement of circles on the x, y coordinates. Even with mods such as HR, the only thing that is changed is CS, AR, OD, and HP, but not the placement of the circles on the x, y coordinates. (Yes the map is flipped but because everything is flipped, it compensates for it to still be the mapper's intentions of placement.)
          In respect to mappers' circle placements, it is why Mods are only rankable if they follow the following criteria . . .
     A. Does not modify mappers' circle placement and
     B. Does not have assistance of a BOT; Special Mods.
With this logic I believe FP makes a a great candidate to be added to the "Difficulty Increase" Mod section.

Closing

Hopefully I've shed enough light onto the Mod to hopefully have intrigued some players to the idea. I'm unsure how Mods are determined in how much score multiplier they give, but I'd say FP is between the difficutly rage of HR and DT, so I propose the idea of giving it a 1.09x in score multiplier.
geobear
good idea deyv you slider savant 8-)
Bara-
Luqanted
wh
abraker
Inb4 mod comes saying op is half advertising MsOsu
Seijiro
osu! is not a FPS game.

Unless peppy himself comes and marks this thread as invalid I won't do anything, even if I find this request inappropriate for what osu was created for.
Go play a FPS instead.
KoveGames

Deyv wrote:

Credit

Regarding a client "copy" of osu!, which has been created to practice osu! maps with virtually no restrictions called McOsu, has an experimental Mod that is worth being talked about as a potential ranked Mod for the official client. I quote "copy" as it may bring a negative connotation; trying to show that it's not intended to replace/compete osu! and that is it not indeed a copy/clone.
     Reddit post of McOsu release.
          For the past couple of days I've been giving touch to the "copy" client McOsu, it has override sliders that are capable of changing maps' CS, AR, OD, and HP value and even increase/decrease its BPM, including a variety of interesting new Mods dubbed "Experimental Mods", such as "Wobble" which constantly rotates maps' play-field while moving in circles. Or "Minimize" which decreases maps' CS as the map progresses up to 50.% of CS reduction.

What's the Mod?

There's one Mod that really caught my attention, a Mod that truly enhanced gameplay for me, a Mod that made me question my very own existence, a Mod that makes me scream "WHY HAS THIS NOT COME TO OSU!, WHY PEPPY, WHY!", and that is the "First Person" Mod, or FP for short. FP is a Mod that essentially keeps your cursor in the middle of your screen, as if it were a cross-hair like in any FPS game. When you move your cursor up or down, the play-field will move opposite as if you were actually moving toward it but with a camera following the cursor, having it look still.
          Yes, you're correct, FP will totally increase you're ability to aim in any FPS such as CS:GO or Call of Duty. (:
     Here's an example of me playing osu! with FP and RLX.

Reasoning

I wouldn't consider myself a mapper, but I am aware that mapping itself is an art, being able to express a song in a format of circles and being able to "feel" the music in such a format.
          Once a map is ranked there's no changing the placement of circles on the x, y coordinates. Even with mods such as HR, the only thing that is changed is CS, AR, OD, and HP, but not the placement of the circles on the x, y coordinates. (Yes the map is flipped but because everything is flipped, it compensates for it to still be the mapper's intentions of placement.)
          In respect to mappers' circle placements, it is why Mods are only rankable if they follow the following criteria . . .
     A. Does not modify mappers' circle placement and
     B. Does not have assistance of a BOT; Special Mods.
With this logic I believe FP makes a a great candidate to be added to the "Difficulty Increase" Mod section.

Closing

Hopefully I've shed enough light onto the Mod to hopefully have intrigued some players to the idea. I'm unsure how Mods are determined in how much score multiplier they give, but I'd say FP is between the difficutly rage of HR and DT, so I propose the idea of giving it a 1.09x in score multiplier.

FP is basically FL. Also McOsu is awful and so is the dev for it.
-Atri-
Hope this is a joke
Stefan
I doubt this will be a thing for osu!.

Marked as invalid.
Topic Starter
deyv

Stefan wrote:

I doubt this will be a thing for osu!.

Marked as invalid.
aw, kk ):
Bara-