forum

[invalid]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
theowest
d
Kitsunemimi
I think this is an excellent idea, although I'm not sure if everyone agrees. I mean like, there would be some people who simply dislike the idea, I just know it.

I've used subbing programs before (although no karaoke subs), and they let you place the subs wherever you want. To be honest, I think it should just be this sort of advanced storyboard system. People can already sb their own lyrics in, but the only thing the storyboard can't do is change/flash words karaoke style. This system should also make it easier for the nubs to make their own lyrics, although it may take a bit of guidance in order for everyone to get used to. Aside from that, I think it'll work well.
Sakura
I thought this was already possible with osq? as for the karaoke effect, considering osu!'s a rythm game and you can clearly see the ticks on the SB editor itself it shouldnt be that hard, just gotta not be lazy (at least for me XD), but i like stuff like what was done in here: http://osu.ppy.sh/s/11991
RandomJibberish
Lyrics storyboards are only worthwhile when they use the words cleverly, e.g. Harder Better Faster Stonger or Saviour, neither of which could be automated, so no support.
AdRon Zh3Ro

Kitsunemimi wrote:

This system should also make it easier for the nubs to make their own lyrics, although it may take a bit of guidance in order for everyone to get used to.
I'll point this: If storyboard process were better explained, this would not be necessary. If there were an actual manual, none would complain (they would, but a lot less). For instance, i don't know ONE player that use the in-game storyboarding in Edit mode while making a storyboard. Anyway, the current Storyboard FAQ only have some lazy explanation where you need to be an experienced coder to figure out. Further more, explaining this to a noob wouldn't be easy.

theowest wrote:

So I'm thinking of using a similar system like any other subtitle program but you'll be able to change the font to any font you have on your computer
What? C'mon... When you are making your subtitle for the storyboard, you are ALREDY able to do that.

theowest wrote:

You should be able to customize it, make it smaller but to a certain degree and make it bigger to a maximum point. Add borders to it would be nice too! Adjusting the thickness on it and such. Gradient effects so it looks cool to! And fade in and fade out option to it too, like the other storyboard options.
Again, you are alredy able to do that. You just need more experience with photshops.

Also, i believe that subtitles are often ignored/deleted. They can be easily stacked by hit circles, and... you're freaking playing! It may even misslead you and distract you.

Apply this because it's cool when you're watching a replay? For god sake...
Topic Starter
theowest
deny this.