forum

Post your irrational fears

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
0_o
I freak out at dead animals (except when in meat form).
Firo Prochainezo
Dark and strange sounds.
Lizbeth
Cops.

And no, I'm not a criminal D:
Gabi
Spiders and bugs, can't handle these disgusting things, i'd rather pull on a lions tail.
bagnz0r
Having sex.
Galkan

bagnz0r wrote:

Having sex.
Say what?

On-Topic: Hm, I'm not really sure, propably same as Gabi.

Edit:

fartownik wrote:

Bees and hornets, they're so huge and they're flying shhhhhh
Took the words right out of my mouth.
those

bagnz0r wrote:

Having sex.
I was, too. But then I overcame it.
Rantai
Cutting of human flesh. I can stand slaughter of animals, blood, guts, you name it but I can't stand the sight of seeing someone get cut with a scalpel etc. (Chopping/butchering is fine though)

And good old heights.
dNextGen

Firo Prochainezo wrote:

strange sounds.
and i cant stand some goreshit or etc
fartownik
Keksi

fartownik wrote:

same >.<
Rokodo
Insects flying around my ear makes me cringe instinctively. Freaks me out man.

Uhh... getting lost? I hate not knowing where I am.
Sleep Powder
Irrational fears...? idk

Most of my fears are actually rational.

(I'll need some time to think about it.)

EDIT:

If this counts, I had one where if someone was speaking loudly in a certain tone it would make me all jittery and nervous. Depended on my mood at the time. I had an irrational (?)fear of escalators too. (I don't think I remember someone getting hurt on them which is why I became afraid of them. Now, I'm not afraid of them in any way.

My irrational fears tend to vary over time too (months/weeks)
Nekoroll
While I may have some typical rational fears (fear of heights, etc.) I have an irrational fear of coming out from the shower or coming home and finding a murderer or rapist at the corners of my house waiting for me. Same with when it's dark outside and someone has left the blinds open since, when that happens, I can't see outside but people outside can see inside the house. One of the reasons why I get really scared when people pop out from a corner and scare me. I always scream and they think it's funny but I seriously get really fucking anxious when that happens. :cry:

On second thought, I don't know if that is actually as irrational as I first thought it to be. That or I watch too many movies.

those wrote:

bagnz0r wrote:

Having sex.
I was, too. But then I overcame.
lol Fixed.
Faust
I have Paranoia, among other things.

And...I have a disgust for excessive blood and flesh (raw). It's not that I fear it for what it is, but the nauseating feeling they give me, it's really, really not nice at all.
NotShinta
Fucking spiders man

SPIDERS

and maybe some other bugs getting too close to me
adam2046
Commitment.
I'm afraid that one day I'm going to look out my window and someone will be looking back in.
Edit: My room's on the second floor of our house...That's how irrational it is.
TKiller
I am sometimes scared to sleep.
silmarilen
dogs
Cuddlebun
spiders and wasps; if there is one in the room I will flip and leave the room if I can until it's dead

if I have to be in the room I will twitch nervously, or if it keeps coming near me I will start crying. By extension I am terrified of certain small spaces; not because I'm claustrophobic but because I'm paranoid that there's a spider or wasp in there and such a confined area will put me close to it and I won't even know until it's too late.

ladders; I'm fine with heights, but if I climb a ladder I start crying and trembling. When I had to work on the roof with my dad I burst out crying at least five times; once I was on the roof I was fine even near the edge but when it came time to go back down I started crying again.
show more