forum

Poll 9: How do you use the in-game user list?

posted
Total Posts

How do you use the in-game user list?

Ordered by rank, to see who is at the top.
21.21%
Ordered by status, to find people to spectate.
5.30%
Ordered by accuracy/playcount (please comment as to when/why).
1.89%
Showing friends only, to check their statuses.
35.61%
To view real-time stat (score/accuracy/rank) changes of players (please comment as to when/why).
5.30%
To look at peoples' avatars.
11.74%
To search for users using the filter box.
18.94%
Total votes: 264
Polling ended
Topic Starter
peppy
As many of you may know, recently the in-game user listing has been updating less frequently than usual. I have been looking at improving this situation, but in order to do so I need feedback on how exactly you use it. Or even, how you would LIKE to use it in-game.

I will provide some common scenarios to vote for, but please comment if you have other needs. Please select all that apply.
Luneko
Well most times i use it to look what friends are online, and sometimes to search for people i see in map rankings

EDIT : I order them by name to find them fast
Sakura
I like to receive real-time updates of what friends do because i sometimes like to stay chatting while having the friend list open to keep checking who is doing what that way i can see when some people are editing maps after my mods and when they submit for rechecking, or when they are editing songs i would like to mod in the future, or when they are watching someone play a certain difficult map and i would like to join in, there are many reasons i prefer to have the userlist open at all times to see what they are doing.
Weez
See which friends are online

What I would like to see is for rank, accuracy, playcount, and level to be sorted by either ctb, taiko, or osu! standard.
Haneii
This stalker needs to know their status in real-time

I want to play multi when my friends are in mutli

If I need to ask them for a favour (come play with me/ mod my map/ testplay my map), I'd like to know whether or not they're currently busy before asking.
Topic Starter
peppy
When I say explain yourself for real-time updates, I am talking specifically about score / rank / accuracy / playcount. Not for status updates.
Mara
Friend status only, but ordered by rank.
xsrsbsns
I always show friends only and have them ordered by rank although I don't really see who's at the top.
For spectating people, colour is sufficient to tell the status so I don't order by status.

I use it just to keep track of friends' or favourite mappers' activities (whether they are editing a new map).
I would hope to see the ability to sort by countries or region or the like.
James2250
Normally I just use it to see what people on my friends list are up to, or if they are busy etc

I occasionally use it to check some of the higher ranked people to see if anything has changed, but not very often these days
Derekku
I always just keep my friends shown, ordered by rank or name, so I can see who is online and their avatars. I'll also occasionally use the filter box while modding if I need to get in touch with the beatmap's creator.
NatsumeRin
friends only for most of the time, also will get ordered by status sometimes, to check who's mapping/modding sth. (and maybe the map)
mekadon_old

LunaticMara wrote:

^ This. Maybe ordered by status once in a while when I want to spectate someone
OzzyOzrock
Accuracy for self gloating aimed towards myself (orz lol). Otherwise, usually friends only to see who's playing what and eavesdrop on what they might be mapping at the time.
Takuya
I usually keep the friends filter active, and most of the time check their status (even though it doesn't always update in real time to me), then I sometimes toggle it off and check the top by rank (say 1#~1000#) to check if someone's playing something cool or whatever. (Recently started adding the pro's in my friendlist for a quicker check)
Andrea

LunaticMara wrote:

Same here, nothing more to say.
Xgor
Lack a option with "stalking a person to see if they are modding/playing my map."
Voted 4 and 7 though.
Kert
- Showing friends only, to check their statuses. (I don't really care about order of them)
- To search for users using the filter box.
Wishy
Only friends, by rank, sometimes I use the filter.
KRZY
One excellent use of the list is when I check who among the skilled players are in multiplayer, so that I can go and join their games.
Vext_old
I don't use it often other than seeing friends, however if I am viewing the whole thing it irritates me because it does update so quickly. If you look at someone on the bottom, their tile flips around so rapidly you can't even mouse over them because the ones above are on and off so much it just moves places left and right up and down.

Just throwing it out there, how about a refresh button rather than auto update.
show more