forum

DS version

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
[deleted user]
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
peppy
Wow wait, that means we have 2 DS ports in active development ;o. You'll probably want to get in touch with me (unless you are squeakypants??). Come around on IRC sometime and give me a PM, or msn works too :).
xerxes_oli
amazing!!! i hope you carry on with it i would help but im pretty much useless unless you need mp3s of songs or something....anywho im kno that im cheering you on!!!
[deleted user]
really like it if there will be DS version :)

keep it up :D
squeakypants
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
RemmyX25

squeakypants wrote:

Bah, trying to beat me to it are ya?
http://s87.photobucket.com/albums/k142/ ... test02.flv

I've been running into some memory issues with Sliders. There's plenty of memory on the DS (4mb), but something is going awry :P
FARUCOOONNN PANNN!!

That video looks amazing. What seems to be wrong with the sliders?
peppy

RemmyX25 wrote:

What seems to be wrong with the sliders?
They are misusing memory. You can read that in his post.

On this note, please keep off-topic disucssion to a minimum in this thread. None of this "OMG AWESOMEZ" stuff please.
xerxes_oli
squeaky pants and ilikefood should work together on this....
Topic Starter
[deleted user]
Just starting out with sliders right now. I have an idea of how to do it, but I'm not sure whether I'll run into memory issues as well... Anyway if i can get it working you can feel free to look at my source code, squeakypants. Like xerxes_oli said, there isn't much point independently developing seperate versions :)
peppy

ilikefood wrote:

Just starting out with sliders right now. I have an idea of how to do it, but I'm not sure whether I'll run into memory issues as well... Anyway if i can get it working you can feel free to look at my source code, squeakypants. Like xerxes_oli said, there isn't much point independently developing seperate versions :)
Please contact me if you need any code samples for the slider curve creation/parsing.
squeakypants
I created a fully working prototype, so I know HOW to make the sliders. The problem is implementing them in C++ :P The people in #dsdev say it could be because I have so many lists (actually, deques). I have a list of sliders, each containing 3 lists. I guess my love of object-oriented design is turning against me :P

How did you do it peppy? Do you have Slider objects with lists of their paths and such, or do you just have a single list of paths that you have each object reference?
fdtoonsman
BUMP

Sorry, but this is THE best idea for a homebrew. I'm dead serious.

Here's my opinion on the slider problem:
If they could do it in the original DS games, you can do it do!

But yeah... Osu! DS is an amazing idea.

Will we be able to use the Edit function? It'd be cool to work on custom maps on the go, and upload them from your computer when you're back.
peppy

fdtoonsman wrote:

Sorry, but this is THE best idea for a homebrew. I'm dead serious.
This has been said many times.

fdtoonsman wrote:

If they could do it in the original DS games, you can do it do!
I won't even comment on this.

fdtoonsman wrote:

Will we be able to use the Edit function?
No chance of this.

And there is no need to bump this thread unless you have something productive to say. Development is already underway, but there are no plans for release dates etc. I personally cannot comment as I am dedicated to the PC version of osu!, although I am happy to provide help to those porting it.
jonathan_old
Yay for me, I'm one step closer to Osu with Osu DS! btw, how much memory?
Loginer

jonathan wrote:

Yay for me, I'm one step closer to Osu with Osu DS! btw, how much memory?
4 MB, learn to read.
fdtoonsman
_Contra_
boys do not know nothing yet about a possible version ds? :)
peppy

fdtoonsman wrote:

Sorry for being a nub peppy. DONT HURT ME D:

Anyway, I'll be glad to help with things such as sprite design or layout ideas. I've always got plenty of ideas stored in my thick skull.
If a DS version is made I would assume it would follow the design of osu!. If you have any suggestions for osu! feel free to make them, though.
fdtoonsman
Topic Starter
[deleted user]
Just a quick progress report. Sorry that I haven't posted anything for so long. Progress on this thing has been much slower than I anticipated and I've been pretty busy lately. I've managed to get sliders working and the timing seems to be correct. Right now it's running a bit too slow, especially on the crazier beatmaps, but there's still plenty of room for optimization. The biggest problem I've run into is in the actual rendering of the sliders (currently I'm simply drawing circles straight to the screen), since I know next to nothing of DS graphics hardware. Development should proceed much quicker once I figure these things out.
litium_old
I suggest you to contact http://www.theninjabunny.com, he was helping the guy that was making "Custom Ouendan" (Dead project now). He wrote a spinner code and seems to have plenty of DS hardware knowledge. I really hope for this to work.

Also, to squeakypants, would you mind to relese the prototype for us to play?.

If a good amount of willing, effort and support is put onto this, it will make a great homebrew for al the fanbase.

Also, do not make a big fuss about it, don't say "we/on that forum/they are making this". I know, because people will start pressing on you to finish it and your motivation will be dead. So pelase everyone that reads this thread, do not comment it elsewhere.

I really got my hopes for this. Bests of luck.
Lisek_old
[deleted user]
KKH3049
Wow it's great that the ninja bunny is here. I know virtually nothing about programming, but was wondering where I could learn and what I need for DS/Wii Programming. If it hasn't been done by the time I learn I would want to make a wii version.
[deleted user]
RemmyX25
If I knew ANYTHING about coding for the DS, I would so be on top of you helping whenever/however I could.

Give Echo a yell, I believe he tried something a looooooooooooooooooooooooong time ago like this. He might be able to give you more information.
[deleted user]
It could we easier to make a port from the current osu! than create a new game from scratch

I know enough of DS to port it, and maybe for Wii too but i didn't take a look so deep yet.
Mannoth_old
5ku112
BUMP BUMMP BUMMMMMMMMP

Is beta testing an option right now because im going to be Osu!s official lab rat :D

just contact if you need a beta tester for any projects.
Tylian_old
awp
It is still alive but I don't know if I'm supposed to say somethin' about that

Download: Kiroro - Mirai e (winber1) [Aquas Normal].osu
Faguya
Okay.I see the last coment was 3 years ago were now in 2012.could someone please tell me if this project is still alive or not?
jjrocks
This project died a long long long time ago.
GigaClon
way to necro a thread.
whymeman