forum

Osu! Developer (Concept idea)

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Lynx Khaos
I recently came up with the idea of Osu! Developer. The concept is, that it would be a feature or program, that would watch your replays, or watch you while you're playing, and it would notice, or point out to you what your strengths and weaknesses were, while playing.

To try to give you a more clear cut idea of what it is you need to focus on to improve. As we all know we strive to get better, but sometimes we are focusing on the wrong things, and it can be hard to see that.

I have no expreience in coding or developing programs. I thought this would be a cool idea to present to the community in hope someone can make this idea become a reality.

*Note: Like i said, it's just a concept idea, but with some more brain power
(o-oooooooooo aaaae-a-a-i-a-u- jo-oooooooooooo aae-o-a-a-u-u-a- e-eee-ee-eee aaaae-a-e-i-e-a- jo-ooo-oo-oo-oo eeeeo-a-aaa-aaaa) behind this idea, i'm sure it would take off!

Okay so i probably should have done this earlier, what i had envisioned the program doing was watching your replays with you and then it giving you tips and helping out, and or it giving you those tips, right after a song, rather than having to watch replays, granted it would definitely increase the workload on your RAM and CPU, it would be a nice feature to add to Osu!

If anyone is working on a project similair to my idea, i would like to talk with you, maybe we can brainstorm ideas together, or come up with something completely new or bulletproof! contact me on skype.

abraker

Bam wrote:

The concept is, that it would be a feature or program, that would watch your replays, or watch you while you're playing, and it would notice, or point out to you what your strengths and weaknesses were, while playing.
This would require one or two things - an input hook or a hook to the client. Both will trigger osu!'s cheat detection. That's fixable by notifying support. Second, the concept of figuring out what you are good or bad at is similair to determining the difficulty of a map. If you are not aware, we kinda fall short on that. Finally, why in the world would you want it to point stuff out WHILE playing? It would be more annoying than Navi.
Topic Starter
Lynx Khaos

abraker wrote:

Bam wrote:

The concept is, that it would be a feature or program, that would watch your replays, or watch you while you're playing, and it would notice, or point out to you what your strengths and weaknesses were, while playing.
This would require one or two things - an input hook or a hook to the client. Both will trigger osu!'s cheat detection. That's fixable by notifying support. Second, the concept of figuring out what you are good or bad at is similair to determining the difficulty of a map. If you are not aware, we kinda fall short on that. Finally, why in the world would you want it to point stuff out WHILE playing? It would be more annoying than Navi.
When i said while playing, i ment more like right afterwards, rather than watching a replay.
Akitake
Alternatively you could use websites like osuskills which rofly points out your different skills depending on how well you've done on different maps.

Exemple:

Now you also have to be able to know what these numbers mean. They are more or less important depending on what mods you usually play on.
Here you can see my Agility and Reaction are the highest, so you can probably tell I'm a DT player. And my Stamina isn't so great, so I don't usually play long maps.
Link: http://osuskills.tk/
irrlux

abraker wrote:

This would require one or two things - an input hook or a hook to the client. Both will trigger osu!'s cheat detection. That's fixable by notifying support. Second, the concept of figuring out what you are good or bad at is similair to determining the difficulty of a map. If you are not aware, we kinda fall short on that. Finally, why in the world would you want it to point stuff out WHILE playing?
I've started coding a project similar to OP's idea. So far, it covers the following:
- distance form cursor to its optimal position (eg: distance to the middle of a triggered hitcircle)
- development of the unstable rate
- acceleration and speed of the cursor
- comparision of multiple plays
Pattern recognition is wip.

tl;dr: nothing usefull, just keeping track of my progress. Interpreting the results is the hard part. I'm thankful for ideas.
May also leads to the goal OP introduced.

All the data is collected while playing - so far, I had no problems with osu!'s cheat detection. But is there even something like that?.
Since I'm also reading osu!'s memory in this progress (next to the input hook) => if there was any detection, this should trigger all the alerts.

Why am I doing this in time?
1) Because I can set the capture rate and am not limited to the replay's resolution.
2) Because I was able to reuse a (slightly modified) framework I've already developed.
3) Because it's more fun ;).
abraker

jump justice wrote:

All the data is collected while playing - so far, I had no problems with osu!'s cheat detection. But is there even something like that?.
Since I'm also reading osu!'s memory in this progress (next to the input hook) => if there was any detection, this should trigger all the alerts.
As long as you dont submit for online ranking, it wont trigger iirc

Also, just curious, is there any added latency when doing this?
irrlux

abraker wrote:

As long as you dont submit for online ranking, it wont trigger iirc

Also, just curious, is there any added latency when doing this?
Well, I'm expanding the data-sets all the time, submitting scores, using multiplayer...
There is a very little latency, depending on my capture rate (~0,1ms @ 250 frames; ~0,4ms @ 500 frames).
That's a "loss" I can take. It's eating RAM though + my CPU is old (Q6600).